Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT FVSL [CAT] - Preseason Banter 2005

Who will win this years CAT title?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So any preseason games over the weekend? New signings?
Team changes?

Dewdney seems to have about 20 preseason games.
Rex, did you play this weekend?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My predictions for this season:

GEU
Chilliwack
PAU
Sikh/GN
Delta
Langley
Poco
Whalley
Dewdney
North Delta

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
are you really going to give gn/sikh that much credit just because they merged?

they may be able to field a team every sunday now but i don't see them jumping from last to fourth.

but then what do i know, i don't even play in the division.

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
joely_the_goalie said:
How is it going to be determined who is/isn't a CAT player, will it depend on if they played in the premier game that weekend, or any premier game that season? will it be if they saw minutes, or if they were just on the roster? or will you have to declare a CAT at the start of the year, instead of at the time of cup play?

Just curious how this is all going to work.

Heard the same rumour last week. Rumour has it that it isn't a rumour.

The purpose of the CAT (now the P.D.D.: Premier Development Division (or so I'm told)), Club system is to encourage teams to field the best Premier sides that they can, while ensuring the survival of their Clubs by having a "Reserve" squad of individuals who (in a perfect world) would have the ability to play "up" in the Premier side, if needed, and be a source for bringing in new talent and getting them used to whatever system a particular club is trying to train individuals to utilize...a "farm team", basically. The CAT squad is also the place to put the "on the bubble" Premier guys, on a week by week basis, as well as those who would be coming back from injury.

So, last year's fiasco's with some teams fielding their entire (or almost entire) Premier squads in the CAT games has prompted the League to try to ensure that the Clubs focus on BUILDING their clubs, instead of trying to manage both squads with only one. The league thinks, and I agree, that if we are ever going to get the FVSL on par with the VMSL, then we must ensure healthy clubs, with lots of members, and lots of talent continue to grow and exist.

So, to answer your question, this year, based on what I know (which probably isn't a lot..(beat ya to the piss take)), it doesn't matter how many games you play on CAT/PDD or Premier. The league is trying to encourage individuals to think of their teams (CAT and Premier) as one unit...or Club. So, to answer you question, until January 15th, when rosters have to be finalized for Cup runs, whether or not you are CAT or Premier is based on two things: Where you signed (Clubs can technically sign all of their players to CAT, and call up individuals to play in Premier Games, with no Premier game signings until a couple of days before the Premier games, or vice-versa for CAT, on a week to week basis), and what you want to call yourself (some people only want to play CAT, for example).

The only problem that a club can run into by signing all of their Club players to CAT or Premier, is that on January 15th, the Club will have to pay $25 per player "move" up or down to finalize the Jan 15th Club Cup Rosters...which can be a bit expensive.

nuff said.

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
:) :D By the way...Really looking forward to the year...and another season of Piss Taking on this site...The summer was WAY too quiet! I mean, do you realize how hellish work can be without the daily laughs from TTP?!

Agony.

Welcome back lads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0