Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT [FVSL CAT] Results & Banter - March '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since Feb's thread is dead.

Let's start a new one for March and see if anyone is still interested in the rest of their season.

I did notice that my GEU CAT squad got some revenge on Langley this past weekend but i didn't see any discussion on it.

LFC2, any insite?

Here's last weeks results and current standings:

PoCo City Dominion 2 GN Sporting Club 0
Peace Arch Utd. 2 Whalley Rangers 1
GEU Ultra PDD 1 Langley United FC 0
Chilliwack Rapids 2 North Delta Lions 1
Delta Metro United 3 SUFC Lions 1

# Team PTS
1 Peace Arch United 43
2 Chilliwack Rapids 29
3 PoCo City Dominion 27
4 GEU Ultra 25
5 Whalley Rangers 23
6 LUFC United 21
7 North Delta Lions 21
8 DMU United 20
9 GN Sporting Club 6
10 Sikh United Lions 4

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched PAU play and was actually a little impressed. they have some definite talent. Probably why they are in first by such a huge margin, however it could also be Cat is watered down and most teams with the exception of 2 or 3 suck. sorry but the facts don't lie.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You've done nicely yourself.

:)

I'm not too sure what to think of CAT. We won last year, PAU this year, i think Poco was 2 years ago. Who else has won in the last5 years?
Delta CAT is young but will be better as they mature, Sikh's and GN are just getting going, and Lions as well so it's hard to say that all teams should be good with so many teams new to the division.
For instance, next year Aldergrove's CAT will most likely suck. Good thing next year ALdergrove will finish last and they'll be back down to Div 1 again.
:)

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have no problem with cat but I would just never play their myself. if I wanted to play premier I would be their right now and I hope most people playing Cat are their because they want to play premeir eventually. i play with who I am playing with because we started in div 4 won, made cup final last year after being promoted. Now we are on verge of winning div 2 and most likely if not definitly making div 1. i hope to make premeir within 3 or 4 years with the team I am with. clearly with new editions along the way likie we have been doing. i just rather move my way up then be a band wagon jumper and go play for one of the delta premeir teams.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
Now we are on verge of winning div 2 and most likely if not definitly making div 1.

Does this mean that you will be the top team next season for ND or will the Lions still be.?

I am assuming you are part of that club, based on where you play your home games. Will you be getting the 9.00pm Friday night spot at Mackie next season.?

Cheers

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
....clearly with new editions along the way likie we have been doing. i just rather move my way up then be a band wagon jumper and go play for one of the delta premeir teams.

Playing devils advocate here..... do you consider these "new additions along the way" to be "band wagon jumpers"? You believe in working your way up, and staying with one team, yet you play alongside people who have "jumped your wagon".

B

Blahzay

Not the case Guru, 9 new players on NDFC this year, myself and 3 others came from the U21 team last year that is now folded, 3 others came from college and did not play for a club team last year and the other 2 I wouldn't call "band wagon jumpers", just sluts.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So when you do make it to be "the" Premier team, does that mean only those who came up through the years with you can play, and there will be no additional bandwagon jumpers once your there?

B

Blahzay

We never stated their is anything wrong with being a band wagon jumper it's just ones preference, we also never said NDFC is currently a premier caliber team, we would need to make a couple cuts and add a few key additions for that to happen.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blahzay said:
we would need to make a couple cuts and add a few key additions for that to happen.
Word on the street is you fall in the couple of cuts category am I correct?

B

Blahzay

Yeah you're right I suck, I'm lucky to be playing Div 2 right now. I figure if my team gets promoted I'll go and join my club in Div 3 or play CAT.

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blahzay said:
Yeah you're right I suck, I'm lucky to be playing Div 2 right now. I figure if my team gets promoted I'll go and join my club in Div 3 or play CAT.

You mean try out for CAT.

B

Blahzay

Actually I already played CAT on a call up basis, scored a goal in my first game in the first min against PAU and knocked some south american defender around the rest of the day. PAU plays a hardworking high tempo game it was fun to play in even though we lost 3-1.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm pretty sure nobody has to tryout for Cat.. I was under the impression it was pretty much anybody that was not good enough to play premier. I guess thats where you fit in. :bronco: :bronco: I play div 2 your right, and I could never make the delta cat teams the quality is just too high.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
I'm pretty sure nobody has to tryout for Cat.. I was under the impression it was pretty much anybody that was not good enough to play premier. I guess thats where you fit in. :bronco: :bronco: I play div 2 your right, and I could never make the delta cat teams the quality is just too high.

i'm on NDNBU, and there's about 5 guys on our cat team that were cut from mine ;) .
for everyone else squabling in regards to "band wagoning", give it up!! there is nothing wrong with making aquisitions to the sqaud in the off season, but i do feel there is something wrong with having people play in cup or provincials that were not on the team all year long. if i was on a team that made provincials i sure as fcuk wouldn't give up my starting spot to someone who had absolutely nothing to do with the team getting there! if your happy letting someone else bask in the glory after you and the rest of your squad have put in all the effort to get the team there you may as well just put on a track suit and start waving a white towel over your head!!!

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
All bang on Walls, I jumped on the "Band Wagon" thing to begin with, but like I said then, I was just playing "Devils Advocate"... No way in hell you can (or should) go from 3rd to premier with the same guys... Changes are necessary.
As for bringing people in from university to take over spots, that's rediculous. I don't care whether they're signed or not, I'd be royally choked as well if some kid took my spot when they didn't do any of the work to get there. What would be the point anyway?

"Our team made it to the provincials, but we brought in a new team to win it." :rolleyes: ... not much pride in that!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crafty,

I hope you're being a good coach, and scouting all those Div. 2 games where it appears all the Premier talent is hiding. Hell just ask these guys...apparently div. 2 is the place to play for aspiring Premier caliber players. Not div. 1, div. 2. Turn right, not left.

Yours in scouting,

Dude.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Crafty,

I hope you're being a good coach, and scouting all those Div. 2 games where it appears all the Premier talent is hiding. Hell just ask these guys...apparently div. 2 is the place to play for aspiring Premier caliber players. Not div. 1, div. 2. Turn right, not left.

Yours in scouting,

Dude.

You know Dude, I must of missed that memo.. :rolleyes:

Good luck to all the Div 2 players in the Provincials and Cup play this year. :confused: Hope the University players don't fukc it up to badly for you. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0