Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL D1] Match of the Week 7

Who is the MOTW?

• SFC Rangers Vs. PoMo Gunners

Votes: 45 88.2%
  • SFC Strikers Vs. Poco City Reserves

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • PAU Vs. Aldergrove Warriors

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • LUFC Athletic Vs. Surrey Sporting

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it's a pretty easy pick but I'll throw a couple other games up there. The first Friday Night Lights with the Rangers and Strikers playing side-by-side should make for a good night of footy. Even though we'll be missing guys :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Being played in Newton gives the Rangers a good shot. I'll still take the Gunners, but expect it will be tight. The longer it stays close, better shot at Rangers taking 3 points.

That said, a tie would be nice for all concerned.

warmbencher

Sep 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear for thanksgiving all PM players are only allowed to feast on tofu turkey dinners and salad in preparation for this weekend, who knows if this is true....poor lads if it is as I shall be feasting on the fattiest parts of that succulent bird tonight, smothered in the thickest gravy, complimented by mashed butter with a tad of potato and a 1000 calorie piece of pumpkin pie...oh ya... while pondering on whether this Friday will conjure a really exciting game due to offensive explosiveness....or a really boring game to watch due to defensive tightness on both sides...nonetheless, MOTW for sure

Horny at the keyboard,
WB

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it's a pretty easy pick but I'll throw a couple other games up there. The first Friday Night Lights with the Rangers and Strikers playing side-by-side should make for a good night of footy. Even though we'll be missing guys :D
too bad everyone will be watching the game on the field next to yours :p

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The rumour is the Rangers are calling up the hattrick hero RF for the Pomo match to add that extra "explosiveness". ;)

Hatman16

Oct 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its going to be a clash of the titans,
Wondering what the crowd will be like....

Z-inder & Kerr-inder
Tandoori chicken still on the menu?

Dont forget the non bread!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well with the Rangers 0-35's having an easier game this weekend, and the teams having a very close relationship right now, I am sure that the Mighty Young Rangers will have now excuses for players, and will come away with yet another win at the New NAP.

Ditto RF, could dude please shut it.

hos

warmbencher

Sep 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Being played in Newton gives the Rangers a good shot.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

A) This is not Old Trafford where 90% of the 76 000 or so fans are home supporters that cuss/boo at away teams and roar/chant at the accomplishments on the pitch from the home side so loudly that you cannot even hear yourself think. In the FVSL we avg about 10 fans per game that cuss at the ref and make comical remarks at the opposing team that are rarely heard anyway because everyone's too focused on the game.
B) In many professional leagues for sports, especially north american sports, teams must travel by plane or sometimes bus, overcoming jet lag and time zone differences, home sickness, comfort, etc. In the FVSl, we get home from work/school and make, at most, a 30 minute drive to our match destination if it is the away field. Home team gets that extra 10 minutes to pinch that extra last loaf on the john due to the McDonalds that was injested earlier during lunch break at work.
C) At the professional level, teams must battle it out to win the support of not just the attending fans but for the support of a whole community where may it be a city, state, or even country so higher expectation to win at home is a factor. In the FVSL, actaully, in REALITY, no one really cares about a Canadian city's AMATEUR, RECREATIONAL, soccer club.
D) With almost every pitch we play on is artificial turf, you can't even have the advantage of "knowing theres a hole in the ground just outside the 18"...or "there's a slight incline coming from the north end"....as stupid as that even sounds, we don't have that advantage anymore cuz all fields are the damn same.

Im not bashing the FVSL, im just bashing the coined term of "home advantage" in the FVSL. Lets be real eh folks?..There is none.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
that was a rant... I still think there is home field advantage.

but that might be because we play on a nicely carpeted cement pitch. Right Dude?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the hell is that supposed to mean?

A) This is not Old Trafford where 90% of the 76 000 or so fans are home supporters that cuss/boo at away teams and roar/chant at the accomplishments on the pitch from the home side so loudly that you cannot even hear yourself think. In the FVSL we avg about 10 fans per game that cuss at the ref and make comical remarks at the opposing team that are rarely heard anyway because everyone's too focused on the game.
B) In many professional leagues for sports, especially north american sports, teams must travel by plane or sometimes bus, overcoming jet lag and time zone differences, home sickness, comfort, etc. In the FVSl, we get home from work/school and make, at most, a 30 minute drive to our match destination if it is the away field. Home team gets that extra 10 minutes to pinch that extra last loaf on the john due to the McDonalds that was injested earlier during lunch break at work.
C) At the professional level, teams must battle it out to win the support of not just the attending fans but for the support of a whole community where may it be a city, state, or even country so higher expectation to win at home is a factor. In the FVSL, actaully, in REALITY, no one really cares about a Canadian city's AMATEUR, RECREATIONAL, soccer club.
D) With almost every pitch we play on is artificial turf, you can't even have the advantage of "knowing theres a hole in the ground just outside the 18"...or "there's a slight incline coming from the north end"....as stupid as that even sounds, we don't have that advantage anymore cuz all fields are the damn same.

Im not bashing the FVSL, im just bashing the coined term of "home advantage" in the FVSL. Lets be real eh folks?..There is none.

I'd be very surprised if there were only 10 fans out to the game. Rangers will pull out a 1-0 game.

warmbencher

Sep 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Must suck to have no one ever watch your games.

OK fine, if not 10-15, tell me your stories of the masses that come out to all watch you play, that chant and sing your name when you touch the ball. Is there admission fee to come watch you guys? I don't want to take seats away from home supporters eh. Hope concession at your games aren't as pricey as at GM place, and speaking of...im gonna need directions to that stadium you guys play at, could'nt seem to find it on google maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0