Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL D1] Match of the Week 7

Who is the MOTW?

• SFC Rangers Vs. PoMo Gunners

Votes: 45 88.2%
  • SFC Strikers Vs. Poco City Reserves

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • PAU Vs. Aldergrove Warriors

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • LUFC Athletic Vs. Surrey Sporting

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK fine, if not 10-15, tell me your stories of the masses that come out to all watch you play, that chant and sing your name when you touch the ball. Is there admission fee to come watch you guys? I don't want to take seats away from home supporters eh. Hope concession at your games aren't as pricey as at GM place, and speaking of...im gonna need directions to that stadium you guys play at, could'nt seem to find it on google maps

you'd be surprised at how manyppl actually watch the strikers play. i saw them against sikh utd few wks ago n they had about 15 ppl maybe even more

warmbencher

Sep 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
you'd be surprised at how manyppl actually watch the strikers play. i saw them against sikh utd few wks ago n they had about 15 ppl maybe even more

No, congrats to them having that many ppl out for their games...but son, you're really missing my point, i still think that is not big enough of a crowd to make a difference...maybe if like atleast 100 ppl show up then sure...but 10-20?...doubtful...good on them if theyre gonna be rowdy, but that wouldn't throw me off my game :S....if it throws you off, then......:eek:

Plus, Stall, if you had nothing better to say about the rant than just nit picking at a simple stat...cmon....its almost as bad as making a grammer correction...(you're just dying to correct me on grammar aren't you)....but if you want to be picky, I think 10 person avg is fair, considering the crowd count in the winter months and in the overall league including all teams

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, congrats to them having that many ppl out for their games...but son, you're really missing my point, i still think that is not big enough of a crowd to make a difference...maybe if like atleast 100 ppl show up then sure...but 10-20?...doubtful...good on them if theyre gonna be rowdy, but that wouldn't throw me off my game :S....if it throws you off, then......:eek:

Plus, Stall, if you had nothing better to say about the rant than just nit picking at a simple stat...cmon....its almost as bad as making a grammer correction...(you're just dying to correct me on grammar aren't you)....but if you want to be picky, I think 10 person avg is fair, considering the crowd count in the winter months and in the overall league including all teams
i totally agree 10 - 20 ppl shouldnt throw anyone off their game but its not just about throwing the opposition off their game. when you as a team see people out to support your team it makes you want to play better. not wanting to disappont your supporters n on that note i think the rangers will have the slight upperhand. i think thats what dude was trying to get at. we're used to having about 5 ppl out at our games n when we get 10 plus we jus feel much more confident. i dunno bout u guys but thats wat i think.

warmbencher

Sep 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
i totally agree 10 - 20 ppl shouldnt throw anyone off their game but its not just about throwing the opposition off their game. when you as a team see people out to support your team it makes you want to play better. not wanting to disappont your supporters n on that note i think the rangers will have the slight upperhand. i think thats what dude was trying to get at. we're used to having about 5 ppl out at our games n when we get 10 plus we jus feel much more confident. i dunno bout u guys but thats wat i think.

Maybe that's what separates you guys from teams that play to win, to not disappoint themselves and each other as a whole team, where confidence is gained through training and coaching and not dependent on if there is an extra 5 plus fans out there
Just a thought

Mr.GoldenBoot

Sep 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Being played in Newton gives the Rangers a good shot.

Hahahaha Did the Rangers start playing at Quest field or something? Do you honestly think that their "12th man" is going to make the difference. Like really Dude, where were you going with this? I mean i have my differences with Warmbencher, but my god is he ever right!

But in the case that me and Warmbencher are wrong (which we arnt) ive recently heard that POMO have already been preparing for the harsh playing conditions of the FVSL away games by spending the past 2 weeks with the top Sports Psychologist in the country, Dr. YOUR AN IDIOT

so based on that i am going to have to go with a 3-1 POMO win....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the hell is that supposed to mean?

A) This is not Old Trafford where 90% of the 76 000 or so fans are home supporters that cuss/boo at away teams and roar/chant at the accomplishments on the pitch from the home side so loudly that you cannot even hear yourself think. In the FVSL we avg about 10 fans per game that cuss at the ref and make comical remarks at the opposing team that are rarely heard anyway because everyone's too focused on the game.
B) In many professional leagues for sports, especially north american sports, teams must travel by plane or sometimes bus, overcoming jet lag and time zone differences, home sickness, comfort, etc. In the FVSl, we get home from work/school and make, at most, a 30 minute drive to our match destination if it is the away field. Home team gets that extra 10 minutes to pinch that extra last loaf on the john due to the McDonalds that was injested earlier during lunch break at work.
C) At the professional level, teams must battle it out to win the support of not just the attending fans but for the support of a whole community where may it be a city, state, or even country so higher expectation to win at home is a factor. In the FVSL, actaully, in REALITY, no one really cares about a Canadian city's AMATEUR, RECREATIONAL, soccer club.
D) With almost every pitch we play on is artificial turf, you can't even have the advantage of "knowing theres a hole in the ground just outside the 18"...or "there's a slight incline coming from the north end"....as stupid as that even sounds, we don't have that advantage anymore cuz all fields are the damn same.

Im not bashing the FVSL, im just bashing the coined term of "home advantage" in the FVSL. Lets be real eh folks?..There is none.

I only wrote that to hurt your feelings- because clearly, I have.

What I'm getting at are playing w/ the comforts of home. Regular routine for Rangers, not for Pomo. Also, a big part of it is the fact they are NOT playing on the Port Moody hardwood floor they call turf. You may not be on the older side of things, but let me tell you, that pitch is destructive for older bodies.

My "home field" shout has nothing to do w/ supporters...but the Rangers usually have a good crowd, depending on what the Masters are up to. Not enough to factor, IMHO.

Finally, you can relax...I did actually pick Port Moody to win, but also give the Rangers a better than average shot at upsetting. One thing: Rangers are deffinitely more experienced and smarter than Moody, and they can establish the right game plan to counter. That said, game plan is one thing, executing another. Deffinitely MOTW.

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I used to play div 2 soccer in vmsl and there was a croatian team that would get up to 60 fans coming out - motorhomes on the side of the field, bbq's going, whole family thing.. then when the team starts hacking you and the fans getting *rowdy*... that can affect your play...:(

warmbencher

Sep 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I only wrote that to hurt your feelings- because clearly, I have.

What I'm getting at are playing w/ the comforts of home. Regular routine for Rangers, not for Pomo. Also, a big part of it is the fact they are NOT playing on the Port Moody hardwood floor they call turf. You may not be on the older side of things, but let me tell you, that pitch is destructive for older bodies.

My "home field" shout has nothing to do w/ supporters...but the Rangers usually have a good crowd, depending on what the Masters are up to. Not enough to factor, IMHO.

Finally, you can relax...I did actually pick Port Moody to win, but also give the Rangers a better than average shot at upsetting. One thing: Rangers are deffinitely more experienced and smarter than Moody, and they can establish the right game plan to counter. That said, game plan is one thing, executing another. Deffinitely MOTW.

lol, no hurt feelings, just laughter buddy.
Anyway, i just love chirping what you say cuz you make the most hilarious remarks.
"Rangers are definitely more experienced and smarter than moody"
Smarter, perhaps, when it comes to making ends meet perhaps because PM is full of kids that live at home and need their mommies to prepare lunch for them at school....but more experienced?...I love it when people say that at this recreational level. You're more experienced at what...the 90's Canadian style of soccer? Let me guess, you guys use lingo derived from hockey on the soccer pitch... "Skate!" "Dump it in!"

Well all this makes me sound really biased towards PM when I've honestly haven't seen the rangers play while have only seen a couple matches with PM, so I will make an unbiased assumption of a 2-2 result. A damn TIE. So everyone concerned will be happy right?

OH NO THE CROATS ARE HERE! THE SMELL OF JOHNSONVILLE BRATSWURSTS MAKES ME SO NERVOUS!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Experience counts for a lot, especially when you can combine it w/ a decent level of skill, a hard effort, and an executable game plan.

I count us as one of those teams, but then, Pomo has had our number going back three seasons now. That being said, we’ve always executed our game plan against them very poorly.

Besides, if experience didn’t count, the Gunners would be occupying a Premier spot right now. As it is, they bottled points last year vs. older, slower, more experienced teams. I’ve been on their bandwagon ever since we first played them. Good squad, well coached, and in general a good group of kids. Very fit and reasonably talented. That said, they have had a tendency to choke against teams they should easily beat. This sets up very well for the Rangers; they won’t be a push-over, they will generate chances, and Port Moody does have pressure on them to take home these points. In the past they have choked under pressure, so we’ll see.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe that's what separates you guys from teams that play to win, to not disappoint themselves and each other as a whole team, where confidence is gained through training and coaching and not dependent on if there is an extra 5 plus fans out there
Just a thought
we play to win alright, its just nice to see people out to support us and we try not to dissapoint. we mite not be as crazy as you mothrfcukers but we get shite done homie..:knvb:

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think WARMBENCHER = ODOG

Well done Warmbencher!

POMO had a fast young team with skill last year and they lost.
Period.
I guaranteed it, remember? ;)
This year the only difference will be their experience from the past year:
So, they will be a better team for it.

Now, tell me again experience has nothing to do with it...

Travelling to Mission on a Sunday night...no home field advanatage????
Donkey.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I used to play div 2 soccer in vmsl and there was a croatian team that would get up to 60 fans coming out - motorhomes on the side of the field, bbq's going, whole family thing.. then when the team starts hacking you and the fans getting *rowdy*... that can affect your play...:(

That was a the team I put together. We had great fan support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0