Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL D1] Predictions & Banter - October 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Figured I’d chip in my two bits about the new look Athletics...

Young team, lot’s of piss n’ vinegar, and IMO nice to see. Honestly- and I know some of them disagree- a bunch of us were just becoming too long in the tooth. I personally didn’t enjoy div. 1 last year so much. Certain games, yes. Always like playing the Rangers. Enjoyed matches against DFC Razorbacks, and the PAU guys, but for the most part, we were at track meets every weekend, and it just wasn’t as fun- for me, anyhow.

Now, having had a chance to get in a bit of a run this weekend w/ them, I liked the new energy, and youth-full new look to the squad. There is enough talent to score a lot of goals, for sure. They have only played two matches together, and are still getting comfortable w/ each other. I think a lot of the gelling started to come together in the 2nd half vs. the Highlanders, and I hope for it to continue. I think a top 5 finish is possible for the Athletics.

That said, they now get the Gunners, Friday at the effing hardwood. Again. Over the past 3 seasons and 5 matches against the Gunners, they’ve played at our park exactly once. The lads will be in tough; they are already missing a bunch of players, and will have to- unfortunately- rely on a bunch of Masters for help. Not gonna lie, it’ll be nice to kick a Gunner or three, and given we’ve played there so many times now, it’s almost becoming comfortable.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey we're still waiting for the tie breaker!!
Maxwell....you're up

Don't say my name, it stepchild!:rolleyes: and the score of 4-0 is all that needs to be said.
Z, I think its stallions poor attempt at ttp'ing us.........and you just bit :eek: Must still be tired from the weekend at your cabin.
Bit of a jumble in the standing this year, could be an interesting race to the end. Anyone played at trinity this year, is it turf or grass?

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove 0 - Dynamo 4

Aldergrove is not a very good side. They are good natured and clean, and have some mobility up front but their backline is very suspect and slow.

We were all over them early, and their keeper kept them in the game for the opening 25 mins. We scored 1, they held on for a bit and then the flood gates opened at about the 60 minute mark.

Aldergrove will finish bottom 3 without new players.

Maximus

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Maximus

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stallusions of grandeur are distinct from megalomania or narcissism, in that the sufferer does not have insight into his loss of touch with reality.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stallusions of grandeur are distinct from megalomania or narcissism, in that the sufferer does not have insight into his loss of touch with reality.

I didn't realize coming on here meant I had to get edumacated. Why can't we talk promotion? The top 3 teams get promoted, so why couldn't we be one of them? I'd say we'd be very hard pressed to do it, but its not out of the realm of possibility. The only thing I truly know is that we'll be looking down the table at you by the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0