Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL D1] Predictions & Banter - October 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like I've been saying all year cloughie...the silver platter promotion system the league has implemented has done nothing but water down div. 1. Maybe that has something to do w/ it.

;)

rookie7

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
sentinal 4 - strikers 2 . . . we came out flat with 1 actual defender no subs and scottish kiss playing keep . . they were up 2-0 at half i believe we come out flat again to start the second they get 2 quick ones . . then all of a sudden we woke up and started go actually play and started to take control got 2 pk's but to little to late . .
sure would be nice to have the same 14 guys or even same starting 11 on the pitch to every game

UnderYourSkin

Mar 30, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wantke is a joke, ya he could beat Dude jr. in a footrace but hes still a kid

Who are you Supersub? For someone who plays div. 2 (and whos name is supersub) I wouldn't be talking smack.. If you ever make it to competetive soccer, let me know so we can face off.. And if I'm a kid you should have no problem right?

UnderYourSkin

Mar 30, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh and Rookie7, sorry to tell ya, but you guys never took control.. Your team was lucky enough to recieve two shocking PK's from the referee and wouldn't call that taking over.. You also forgot to mention we were playing with 10 men for the last 20 and were still playing around with you guys.. good effort though, but unfortunate for us we didn't pot our other thousand chances.

Italian Stallion, when are you providing us with our 24 case?I believe we had a bet in the offseason banter section. Remember? It was around the time when you couldn't stop complaining about us getting promoted to div. 1 without deserving it. Backing up your words are hard to come by these days eh?

Canadian suites us quite well thanks.

Maximus

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
sentinal 4 - strikers 2 . . . we came out flat with 1 actual defender no subs and scottish kiss playing keep . . they were up 2-0 at half i believe we come out flat again to start the second they get 2 quick ones . . then all of a sudden we woke up and started go actually play and started to take control got 2 pk's but to little to late . .
sure would be nice to have the same 14 guys or even same starting 11 on the pitch to every game

At least you didn't let in 7 this week. But take heart, you still have a chance at promotion to premier.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh and Rookie7, sorry to tell ya, but you guys never took control.. Your team was lucky enough to recieve two shocking PK's from the referee and wouldn't call that taking over.. You also forgot to mention we were playing with 10 men for the last 20 and were still playing around with you guys.. good effort though, but unfortunate for us we didn't pot our other thousand chances.

Italian Stallion, when are you providing us with our 24 case?I believe we had a bet in the offseason banter section. Remember? It was around the time when you couldn't stop complaining about us getting promoted to div. 1 without deserving it. Backing up your words are hard to come by these days eh?

Canadian suites us quite well thanks.

If you can find the post, I'll get the beer. And I think the reason the PK's were so shocking was because of how retarded you guys gave them away. As for your 10 men, do you remember how long Sam was on the bench? We played with 10 longer than you guys did. Wish we had a full team there, or at least a goalie (although Scottish_kiss did do admirably, except the first ;)) and any subs, but what can you do on Thanksgiving?

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abby 4 Stolo 2. Finally. Things definately went our way last night but the score would have been higher for both teams if Ziggy wasn't reffing. He's brutal! Too old and slow. It was nice to see Happer score from inside his own 18. He bombed one out to the other end and their keeper and defender misscomunicated and it rolled straight in. You know your having a good day when your keeper can score.:D. Rangers next week, should be fun.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo and Coyotes game was not played.

There was a referee scheduling issue...and the official did not show up.

That puts us into a back to back no-game situation, so if anyone wants an exhib next weekend message or email me.

klewis

Nov 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally Posted by italian_stallion21
I've done it every year so why change now? Case of beer on our game? I'm hoping to improve on my 4-4-9 betting record from last year.
Sentinel will most definately play for a case of beer.. We've gained a few very good players and are no longer a kick and run team which you saw last year. Expect some competition.
Here you go ;)

predator

Jan 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

There was a referee scheduling issue...and the official did not show up.

That puts us into a back to back no-game situation, so if anyone wants an exhib next weekend message or email me.
that sucks where both teams at the field

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
that sucks where both teams at the field
yup we were all there. both teams had quite a bit of players out. about 30+ people standing around. we all waited for about 40 minutes then left. it was a beautiful day for footy yesterday. its too bad that we couldn't play then, now we'll probably have to make it up the weekend before christmas? .....hope not.....the ref from the previous game was there (rangers v twu) and one of the dynamo guys actually offered him $100 to do the game and he said no because he already changed and had a beer...kind of sad really...

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

We watched the warmups to this non-played match.

The Dynamo used that classic warmup where 15 guys line up single file at centre, take turns running to the top of the 18 and cracking shots at the goalie.

Best "play" was where a ball pinged off the post ... into the goalie's beak ... and then rung off the post again. It really was the highlight of the Dynamo's awesome warmup.

F***ing classic - I haven't seen that warmup "routine" since U11 Gold. Thanks for the laugh guys! :D

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Worst game of year for rangers, managed to win with 10 men most of 2nd half..........we hung on!
Will take full points, and most likely run our asses off this week! Even though we were bad, wasn't really impressed with trinity other than what we gave em all game............they did work hard and are like any other young team! FIT!:knvb:

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
We watched the warmups to this non-played match.

The Dynamo used that classic warmup where 15 guys line up single file at centre, take turns running to the top of the 18 and cracking shots at the goalie.

Best "play" was where a ball pinged off the post ... into the goalie's beak ... and then rung off the post again. It really was the highlight of the Dynamo's awesome warmup.

F***ing classic - I haven't seen that warmup "routine" since U11 Gold. Thanks for the laugh guys! :D

Yes, we did do are normal warm-up: keep away, stretching, more keep away, than smaller one-touch drills. Then half an hour after our game was susposed to start we lined up at center to take some cracks at our goalie. So, yeah go fuk yourself with "Dynamo's awesome warmup"

klewis

Nov 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you can find the post, I'll get the beer. And I think the reason the PK's were so shocking was because of how retarded you guys gave them away. As for your 10 men, do you remember how long Sam was on the bench? We played with 10 longer than you guys did. Wish we had a full team there, or at least a goalie (although Scottish_kiss did do admirably, except the first ;)) and any subs, but what can you do on Thanksgiving?

The first PK was garbage, you know that. Your guy got checked (clean), cramped up and fell to the ground and the ref called the pk, cause he felt bad that you were loosing 4-0.. Second one was retarded on our part, so we'll give you that one. And as far as your 10 men, why would Sam be stupid enough to head the back of someones head with there nose? And it wasn't that long, about 5 minutes. I must say that guy marking me was a warrior, wonder how he's feeling this morning, puking like crazy at half from running so much, got stepped on a few times, and I think got hit in the head a few times as well. You would have been better off keeping him up front. Tyler would have helped in the center but played great as a sweeper.

Anyways, you have to admit we outplayed, and outran you guys, won about 90% of the 50/50 balls, don't forget about that one I put towards the net and it went in.. your keep even knew it was in, I think the ref was sleeping cause he was at half and couldn't see. I won't mention those other two I missed, fml.

Oh well, good game, on to next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0