Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL D1] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL D1] Results & Banter September 2010

Week 1 fixtures ... let's get the ball rolling

Code:
Peace Arch Utd B		Guildford FC MARGA
Surrey Coyotes A		LUFC Dynamo A
Port Moody Gunners B		Poco Revolution FC
Stolo Utd			TWU Titans
Sentinel FC			SFC Rangers
White Rock Utd			SFC Guildford
Fraser Valley Red Devils	Athletic Club BC B
North Delta SC B		DFC Razorbacks

MOTW is Rangers vs. Sentinel ... possibly some new bad blood brewing? Close 2nd MOTW is White Rock hosting SFC Guildford - new colours for SFCG ... White Rock with some new additions??

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

red devils vs acbc will be a good one. both of those teams will be top 10 if not top 5 this year.

juventino26

May 28, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Right off the bat hey Red Devils. Well I am sure alot of people have been waiting to see this game happen.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Right off the bat hey Red Devils. Well I am sure alot of people have been waiting to see this game happen.

what are you trying to say juventino? Why would this be a long awaited match? Perhaps because this was "supposed" to be the semifinals in the Presidents cup last year? hmm, interesting

juventino26

May 28, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

what are you trying to say juventino? Why would this be a long awaited match? Perhaps because this was "supposed" to be the semifinals in the Presidents cup last year? hmm, interesting

Maybe I am maybe im not, I wasnt even thinking of the presidents cup to be honest. I just know people that want to see this game and im sure you do too.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

If anyone wants to play one more exhibition game this week before the season starts, Nomads are looking for a game. We have used up our field access times already and are looking for one more tuneup game. So if you have the field and are looking for a match, pm me or JBN.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I played in this league a couple years ago, but hardly recognize any of the teams on this year's list.
What happened to teams like Mission, Chilliwack, Dewdney Coachmen, LUFC Athletics, the other PA/DFC teams?!

And out of curiosity, who finished top-5 last year?

Thanks,

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

I played in this league a couple years ago, but hardly recognize any of the teams on this year's list.
What happened to teams like Mission, Chilliwack, Dewdney Coachmen, LUFC Athletics, the other PA/DFC teams?!

And out of curiosity, who finished top-5 last year?

Thanks,

i know mission folded and the coachmen became over 35's.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

If anyone wants to play one more exhibition game this week before the season starts, Nomads are looking for a game.

House, This is the D1 thread. If you wanted to play D1 teams, then you should have accepted the offer to offer to move to D1 and then you could have done it all year!!!!

oh well, maybe next year... or will you pull a "Ranger" and turn down promotion?

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

House, This is the D1 thread. If you wanted to play D1 teams, then you should have accepted the offer to offer to move to D1 and then you could have done it all year!!!!

oh well, maybe next year... or will you pull a "Ranger" and turn down promotion?

Listen to this guy. Whats the matter? A little scared about competing and losing to a div. 2 team? Now i see why my text wasn't returned. All the pieces coming together now. Dont be bitter about us leaving Langley. No hard feelings.

As a matter of fact, we will be playing div. 1 teams. Hence the Bradner cup. Which is why i posted on here to see if any teams are interested. White Rock Utd seems very interested. At least they have the balls to step up to the plate. Hope we meet you in the cup, will look forward to it

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Listen to this guy. Whats the matter? A little scared about competing and losing to a div. 2 team? Now i see why my text wasn't returned. All the pieces coming together now. Dont be bitter about us leaving Langley. No hard feelings.

As a matter of fact, we will be playing div. 1 teams. Hence the Bradner cup. Which is why i posted on here to see if any teams are interested. White Rock Utd seems very interested. At least they have the balls to step up to the plate. Hope we meet you in the cup, will look forward to it

Probably less about being afraid and more about wanting to play better competition. Playing a div.2 team is a lose lose you're supposed to win. The balls to step up to the plate, priceless.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sorry House but I agree with Jive...But I do understand why teams want to stay down...The Presidents Cup and the B Provincials are very fun and I admit we stayed down when asked to move up too, to compete in that tournament ...But if you dont win the B Provincials it looks real bad ,staying down and all.....
And Actually thats why I started the push for the Return of the Bradner Cup..To give Div 1 teams something more to play for...for fun.
I say Good luck Nomads ,Im pulling for ya.this is your year..and I hope we meet in the Bradner Cup.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

We Nomads had a long 1 hour and a half talk about moving up. The league presented it to us and we talked to every single Nomad after our game to get their viewpoints on the matter. Some good reasons for going up and some good for staying down. Ultimately it was the whole teams decision to stay down, take a year to gel and build team chemistry with all the new faces and earn our way up. Even with the new divisional alignment, we still felt it was better this way.

Ultimately, suburbanator and ghouse (and maybe jive) you guys all know that for an exhibition game, the Nomads would give your teams not only a good run, but a great run. It was just a simple question of asking for a friendly to shake the final cob webs off that your "Div.1 teams" took offence to because you are supposedly on a higher pedestal than our "Div. 2 teams". You don't want to play us, no worries, we will find others who will.

Hope to meet you all in cup. Cant wait to get back from rehab.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

To correct one thing House posted, the league never presented anything to us, I looked and saw that Div 1 was still one team short and had a few chats with people in the know and it was said to me that if we asked we could likely move to D1, but our team decided on staying in D2.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wow. hit a nerve? Please get facts straight, after years of working with your lot, you'd think you know me better by now.

To answer your questions, no we are not scared to compete which is why we took the free pass from D2 to D1 a few years ago. You however must be, as your not willing to move up to Div 1. Not sure what txt you sent, if I missed it I apologize. Email works better for me so in future feel free to email or message me on TTP. I am certainly not bitter about you leaving langley in the slightest. I think it is a great opportunity for your team, I am sad and disappointed that I can no longer work and train with you guys but in no way am I bitter.

Your team is clearly a division 1 caliber team, losing to you should we play you is not a slight on my squad in the slightest. Calling yourself a D2 team is a slight however on yourselves. Lets call a spade a spade, your better than at least 6 of last years D1 teams.

Johnnybluenose, to my knowledge you were offered a D1 spot, in fact until about 3 days ago you could have had one so don't play so coy.

:p

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I was never contacted directly and explicitly offered a D1 spot by the league. I'm not acting coy at all. I was tipped off that if we'd asked we'd receive.

cleatsupp

Sep 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

is this what passes for bullshit these days? I miss Duffy.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

How is this bullshit!?

I never once was directly contacted by Thomas, Kevin, etc and told that a Div 1 spot was open for my team should we want it.

give me strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0