Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL D1] Results & Banter - December 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Works been very busy, can't TTP at work anymore. Plus I was waiting for JBN to paste the direct part of the referee's handbook on professional fouls :D

I have also decided to cut out the carbonara and try and maintain some sort of fitness over the Christmas holidays. Last year I didn't and Dude was beating me down the line, never been so close to quitting footy before....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is true.

Last year you looked like you were in your 3rd trimester, but last Saturday only looked like you were in the 2nd.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, that's what I figured.

Did it cross anybody's mind (a short trip for those concerned I know) that it was interesting how a FIFA ref called such an otherwise excellent game, failing only to apply the mythical 'last man back' rule?

Or did everyone other than these two FVSL stalwarts fail to get their personal correspondence from Josepp Blatter via special FIFA carrier pigeon informing them of the 'rule change'?

Stop bogarting the FIFA rule change pigeon guys, the rest of us feel so left out.

those words have never been said before in that order and I claim my $5 prize.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, that's what I figured.

Did it cross anybody's mind (a short trip for those concerned I know) that it was interesting how a FIFA ref called such an otherwise excellent game, failing only to apply the mythical 'last man back' rule?

Or did everyone other than these two FVSL stalwarts fail to get their personal correspondence from Josepp Blatter via special FIFA carrier pigeon informing them of the 'rule change'?

Stop bogarting the FIFA rule change pigeon guys, the rest of us feel so left out.

those words have never been said before in that order and I claim my $5 prize.

Again, I mentioned professional foul, and I feel like JBN here, but:

FIFA first instructed its referees to send off for a professional foul prior to the 1990 World Cup, and in 1991 the provision that a professional foul should be considered serious foul play was incorporated into the Laws as a Decision of the IFAB. The professional foul was made a red card offence in its own right in 1998.

Subsequently, the wording of Law 12 was changed and the term professional foul was replaced by denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to remove the implication that in order for a red card to be issued, such a foul had to be deliberate. Currently, if a player denies a player an obvious goalscoring opportunity by foul means, whether deliberate or not, he is sent off.

As far as I'm concerned, a breakaway is considered an obvious goalscoring opportunity, no?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the only grey area here- as far as our game Stallion- is that the foul was committed up near centre. Maybe the official felt one of the other full-backs near centre would have stood a fighting chance of getting back?

Dunno.

I can admit that, when the foul occured, I was fearing a sending off.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the only grey area here- as far as our game Stallion- is that the foul was committed up near centre. Maybe the official felt one of the other full-backs near centre would have stood a fighting chance of getting back?

Dunno.

I can admit that, when the foul occured, I was fearing a sending off.

If he had been watching the game, he knew that although you guys are quick, not one guy on the park was catching Jamie.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Again, I mentioned professional foul, and I feel like JBN here, but:

No you didn't actually, what you said was, "That said, game changes when your last man back takes Jamie out on his breakaway. Should have been a red, ref admitted after the game he didn't know that was a rule."

What you said and what you wished you'd said are two different things.

Read the rules of the game before you go trying to take the piss out of a good ref. There's so few of them around, they must wonder why they bother when guys scream at them about rules that don't exist.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, isn't that like you assuming a bunch of guys were screaming at him?

It didn't happen that way. In fact, this ref officiated a very good game. He whistled this particular play down, addressed the player, and showed yellow. This was late in the game; maybe the ref had the players' respect at this point, or maybe they were all just letting coach Lamont do the talking, but there was no screaming going on. It was actually very cordial. There was no incident following the yellow whatsoever. Sure, a few moans from the sideline, but for the most part, the players got right back to the game.

I didn't even know Stallion or anyone approached this ref after the match to discuss. If they did, it was certainly not done in a way to make a scene.

So...don't see what the beef is here.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have also decided to cut out the carbonara and try and maintain some sort of fitness over the Christmas holidays.

Don't you have to have some semblance of fitness before being able to maintain it? We haven't seen too many of you training opposite us on these cold weeknights. You guys aren't packing it in, are you?

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I cheerfully withdraw the generalization 'screaming'.

It's a nice attempt to win an argument by defending the manner in which you were ignorant of the laws of the game but no matter how you found out that the ref in question was unaware of a 'rule' which everyone knows, there's still no such thing as the 'last man back' rule.

And please forgive me for assuming that you screamed at the ref. I should know better, that this sort of thing never happens. Ever.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky,

I think you need to expand your classroom for "FIFA Laws of the Game 101".

The Waderbacks are definitely in need of some lessons - they argued that our player was offside on a throw-in during our last match.

Put them and Stal in a room and sort them out!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No you didn't actually, what you said was, "That said, game changes when your last man back takes Jamie out on his breakaway. Should have been a red, ref admitted after the game he didn't know that was a rule."

Actually, I did. Post #2. Said I was waiting for JBN to post the rule on a professional foul.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't you have to have some semblance of fitness before being able to maintain it? We haven't seen too many of you training opposite us on these cold weeknights. You guys aren't packing it in, are you?

Yes. I'm currently maintaing a 50% fitness level :D As for training, we've been hit ridiculously hard with injuries and the flu, thus having so many guys signed (30) but only 10 to training, and 11-13 at games, and that's with call-ups. For once I'm actually happy to have a bye, and the Christmas break is coming up so we can heal.

junction

Oct 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Didn't this problem just get resolved? f*ck off Jimmy. I've heard enough nerd jargon on the laws of the game for one week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0