Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL D1] Results & Banter March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The stakes are high for our match tonight; Arsenal vs. Coyotes. With our win and a Sto:lo loss we stay up. Any other result and we're back in div.2 and that's fine with us. The new format for next year sounds like it will be better in div.1 as teams will be playing each other twice. I don't much like the top teams playoff idea though, should be two up two down as the top teams in div.1 could easily compete in premier. :cool:

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The stakes are high for our match tonight; Arsenal vs. Coyotes. With our win and a Sto:lo loss we stay up. Any other result and we're back in div.2 and that's fine with us. The new format for next year sounds like it will be better in div.1 as teams will be playing each other twice. I don't much like the top teams playoff idea though, should be two up two down as the top teams in div.1 could easily compete in premier. :cool:
we're pumped for this game, after last weeks victory against the dynamo we're feeling pretty good rite now, if we happen to tie tonight then we need some help from pau united in beating stolo next weekend but with a win for us tonight we stay up 100%. see you tonight.

doucheface

Mar 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The stakes are high for our match tonight; Arsenal vs. Coyotes. With our win and a Stolo loss we stay up. Any other result and we're back in div.2 and that's fine with us. The new format for next year sounds like it will be better in div.1 as teams will be playing each other twice. I don't much like the top teams playoff idea though, should be two up two down as the top teams in div.1 could easily compete in premier. :cool:

2-0 yotes; abby has some fast hard working guys on their frontline, but they were pretty much kick and run the full 90 minutes with spurts of good ballwork; classy bunch and no issues on the game

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
yes classy bunch for sure. but i was surprised to see that much kick and run. haven't seen that much all year. game was ok we were dominant possession wise and chance wise. however whenever we got near the abby 3rd we'd have a mysterious foul called against us or an offside somehow. for such a crucial game i can't believe we were given the official we were assigned. i think that was ridiculous. to have a game between surrey and abby and to call the ref all the way from abby to surrey on a sunday night was a somewhat questionable for me? i wonder if any other referee in new west? burnaby? delta? coquitlam maybe ? wow this guy was just AWFUL, our striker gets a breakaway from half and dribbles by their keep in the 18 yd box and gets fouled the ref calls it back and gives us a free kick on the edge of the area saying he was fouled outside and he fell in. he claims " i was only 6 yds away i saw it clearly" CLEARLY when he was ~ 30 yds away huffing and puffing up the field. what a joke. after our first goal off a nice diving header i saw the look on the referee's face and it was just a look of "wow, there's nothing i can do to call that one back...." and the second one off a breakaway which he was about to blow for offside but a defender clearly holding our guy onside by 10 yds forced him to let play continue (thank god). i still can't believe he reffed a game at this level with his fitness. it would have been nice to see a neutral face on the park. the most interesting i heard on the park tonight was one of the abby guys on the sideline calling the ref racist. i found that interesting since all of abby team is white and we were all brown. sad thing really. one of the guys said to me after the game " that ref was one racist white loving guy". not the way would have liked to finish our season. but hey we managed to turn our season around and stay up and next year will definitely be more prepared.

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-0 yotes; abby has some fast hard working guys on their frontline, but they were pretty much kick and run the full 90 minutes with spurts of good ballwork; classy bunch and no issues on the game
Agreed. Young and fast prevails over old and slow once again. No.10 scored a couple beauty's for them. We're still wondering why our keeper didn't get tossed or at least a yellow and a pk.:confused: Anyway, good luck next year all as it's back to div.2 where we belong.:cool:

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
yes classy bunch for sure. but i was surprised to see that much kick and run. haven't seen that much all year. game was ok we were dominant possession wise and chance wise. however whenever we got near the abby 3rd we'd have a mysterious foul called against us or an offside somehow. for such a crucial game i can't believe we were given the official we were assigned. i think that was ridiculous. to have a game between surrey and abby and to call the ref all the way from abby to surrey on a sunday night was a somewhat questionable for me? i wonder if any other referee in new west? burnaby? delta? coquitlam maybe ? wow this guy was just AWFUL, our striker gets a breakaway from half and dribbles by their keep in the 18 yd box and gets fouled the ref calls it back and gives us a free kick on the edge of the area saying he was fouled outside and he fell in. he claims " i was only 6 yds away i saw it clearly" CLEARLY when he was ~ 30 yds away huffing and puffing up the field. what a joke. after our first goal off a nice diving header i saw the look on the referee's face and it was just a look of "wow, there's nothing i can do to call that one back...." and the second one off a breakaway which he was about to blow for offside but a defender clearly holding our guy onside by 10 yds forced him to let play continue (thank god). i still can't believe he reffed a game at this level with his fitness. it would have been nice to see a neutral face on the park. the most interesting i heard on the park tonight was one of the abby guys on the sideline calling the ref racist. i found that interesting since all of abby team is white and we were all brown. sad thing really. one of the guys said to me after the game " that ref was one racist white loving guy". not the way would have liked to finish our season. but hey we managed to turn our season around and stay up and next year will definitely be more prepared.
You guys did a great job of keeping your composure because if we were getting calls like that against us, I'm pretty sure we woulda snapped!

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys did a great job of keeping your composure because if we were getting calls like that against us, I'm pretty sure we woulda snapped!
what could we have done really ? Only thing to do was win on the scoreboard anything we would have said/ done to the ref would have resulted in a mysterious pk for u guys somehow or he woulda just left. He threw our linesmen out for saying nothing where your linesmen called the ref a racist and yet the ref does nothing. I have a question megr, say one of our players was to take a cracker of a shot an the ref happened to get. Inthe way, you think he would have called it differently?

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
what could we have done really ? Only thing to do was win on the scoreboard anything we would have said/ done to the ref would have resulted in a mysterious pk for u guys somehow or he woulda just left. He threw our linesmen out for saying nothing where your linesmen called the ref a racist and yet the ref does nothing. I have a question megr, say one of our players was to take a cracker of a shot an the ref happened to get. Inthe way, you think he would have called it differently?
I'm not saying the ref did a good job, he was horrible. He was being one sided and that's not cool. I've been playing in this league for 15+ years and when a ref is being one sided it's because one of the two teams was causing the ref grief which I didn't see from you at all. I didn't hear what was said about all the racist crap but whatever it was I don't condone it. Anyway good game and good luck next year. Watch out for the Red Devils:cool:

predator

Jan 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
well the season is over except one game left on sunday

Team Name GP W T L GF GA PTS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Whitecaps Prospects 17 13 1 3 71 18 40
2 LUFC Athletics 17 11 4 2 46 22 37
3 SFC Rangers 17 12 1 4 43 18 37
4 Port Moody Gunners 17 9 5 3 45 27 32
5 Delta Utd Highlanders 17 8 6 3 36 27 30
6 TWU Titans 17 8 3 6 28 25 27
7 North Delta FC 17 8 2 7 32 28 26
8 LUFC Dynamo 17 8 2 7 26 24 26
9 Sentinel FC 17 7 4 6 31 24 25
10 SFC Strikers 17 7 3 7 38 36 24
11 Poco Revolution FC 17 7 3 7 29 26 24
12 Peace Arch Utd 16 7 2 7 32 23 23
13 DFC Razorbacks 17 5 3 9 30 48 18
14 Surrey Coyotes 17 4 4 9 20 36 16
15 Stolo United 17 4 2 11 31 62 14
16 Peace Arch Selects 17 4 2 11 17 46 14
17 Abbotsford Arsenal 17 3 2 12 14 42 11
18 Aldergrove Utd 16 1 3 12 22 59 6

with a PAu win we will move upto 7th
not sure what will happen next year with the league but i heard its top 10 and bottom 10 ?

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Langley Athletic on the 2nd place finish. They were the best coached team we played this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0