Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL D2] Banter and Results March 08'

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The weekend of March starts us out with some great Cup matches, with league winding down there are still no teams clinched yet, though with a little help from Aldergrove and PoCo City Utd we could be close :)

PK Howler

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game Result tonight at Langley MAP Turf:
LUFC Wolves - 5 Aldergrove United - 0. We scored in about the 4th minute and got another before the half ended. Then potted 3 in the 2nd half with possibilities for more. Good save by LUFC keeps off a free kick to preserve the shutout. No cards and no incidents in this game. Amazing what a difference it is when the referee decides not to be the centre of attention and llets the teams play their game.
Last game of the year against Poco City United in POCO next Sunday. It will be a tough game as they are on a good roll. No ferry problems to deal with going to POCO instead of GEU. Good Luck to all Cup teams this weekend.:)

the_caged_keeper

Nov 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise decides that the Rams v Royals game needs some spice, some drama, so with the last play of the game, he puts one right at the keep, to make sure that the two sides go to a shootout. ;-) LOL... GEU sky the first two kicks while PoCo pots their first. From there, everything goes according to plan; Rams keeper makes two awesome diving saves, and one very respectable one, and the Rams shooters pour in three to win it and give the crowd a thrill. :) Glad I froze my nuts off to watch this one, although the Rams could have made me a little less like an icicle by not allowing a late equalizer (though it WAS a very good effort that beat the keeper). Good luck again to Franchise, KH and co. in the next round.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise decides that the Rams v Royals game needs some spice, some drama, so with the last play of the game, he puts one right at the keep, to make sure that the two sides go to a shootout. ;-) LOL... GEU sky the first two kicks while PoCo pots their first. From there, everything goes according to plan; Rams keeper makes two awesome diving saves, and one very respectable one, and the Rams shooters pour in three to win it and give the crowd a thrill. :) Glad I froze my nuts off to watch this one, although the Rams could have made me a little less like an icicle by not allowing a late equalizer (though it WAS a very good effort that beat the keeper). Good luck again to Franchise, KH and co. in the next round.

I know I blew it in the last 8 secs but what about my goal two minutes into the second half:eek: I pulled my jersey over my head for the fans:D...

Oh well I hit my pk and the rams are through to the next round.....bring on whoever...we are going to the finals.....beware Whalley we are going to smash you if we meet up ;):D

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know I blew it in the last 8 secs but what about my goal two minutes into the second half:eek: I pulled my jersey over my head for the fans:D...

Oh well I hit my pk and the rams are through to the next round.....bring on whoever...we are going to the finals.....beware Whalley we are going to smash you if we meet up ;):D

Don't say thing like that, it's motivation :D See you in Langley today?

the_caged_keeper

Nov 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL, yes, the goals you scored definitely made up for the blown opportunity. Fun game to watch, btw, but I thought you guys would be better. :-D

the_caged_keeper

Nov 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh yeah, Pumas and Dewdney 1-1 at Hammond today. Good game. Had to watch it again, but oh well. Ref was... interesting? Crap? No idea how to accurately describe how he called the game.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh yeah, Pumas and Dewdney 1-1 at Hammond today. Good game. Had to watch it again, but oh well. Ref was... interesting? Crap? No idea how to accurately describe how he called the game.
pumas drop points again this week? caged keep whats going on? and to dewdney of all people?! i know they just beat pcnc but we beat them 2-0 with 10 guys for like 75mins that's sad or maybe dewdney just made a few great late signings....also just noticed abby storm beat the magpies kind of surprised because the storm just suck but oh well we play magpies this coming saturday....i wanna go watch the pcnc vs mission but we have practice that night hopefully its a tie or pcnc wins, but since they just lost to dewdney i won't be surprised if mission wins

Krazy_Mexy

Jan 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
pumas drop points again this week? caged keep whats going on? and to dewdney of all people?! i know they just beat pcnc but we beat them 2-0 with 10 guys for like 75mins that's sad or maybe dewdney just made a few great late signings....

jimmy, sounds like you are from the coyotes clan. yeah we had a ugly game against you guys, but that's our season. we play a good game and then we dont show to the next. and no we did not sign new players, we are just playing a little bit better thats it.
good to play against some familiar faces, yeah the ref was... interesting. the game itself was fun.

their sweeper plays damn well, JP solid and with great vision on the mid. rob always seems to find the space... i just dont know why they played #9 in the backline, he's got weels a good touch with lots of skills.

good luck!

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ajax 3 - Poco United 3
Fastest two goals to start the game that I've seen. Poco takes the ball and shoots, in off the crossbar ( 6 seconds). They come back in after we give it away, we foul the guy near the sideline about 25 yrds out, shot, in, two goals in probably 3 minutes. Looked like it was going to be a long afternoon, but we regained composure and created several chances and got back in the game, 3-2 for Poco at the half. Tied it up early in the second half, had a lot of chances to go ahead, but then got tired and Poco had some good chances (missed PK and a missed breakaway). All things considered a fair result, we needed the 3, but the point also helps, puts the pressure back on GEU and Aldergrove to get a result in their last game to avoid demotion.

the_caged_keeper

Nov 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The game was a blast to watch, actually. Had fun bugging old teammates and friends on the Dewdney side and it was just a good, hard fought game. Neither team is stellar right now, but both put up a decent game. As far as what's going on with us, I think we're just coming back down to where we're probably best suited to being. We're not a top team in this division yet due to a lack of practice commitment from a good portion of our team ( 6 or 7 guys to apractice is a good night) and due to the fact that our cohesion comes and goes depending on the day. And Mexy, #9 is a solid player wherever he plays, and always has been. The thing is, we lost our centre d at the half, had to head out, and so9 had to step in because he's our best replacement t the position. His smarts are what we need back there. Anyway, enough rambling from me. I'M FINALLY PLAYING AGAIN NEXT WEEKEND! LOL...

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ajax 3 - Poco United 3
Fastest two goals to start the game that I've seen. Poco takes the ball and shoots, in off the crossbar ( 6 seconds). They come back in after we give it away, we foul the guy near the sideline about 25 yrds out, shot, in, two goals in probably 3 minutes. Looked like it was going to be a long afternoon, but we regained composure and created several chances and got back in the game, 3-2 for Poco at the half. Tied it up early in the second half, had a lot of chances to go ahead, but then got tired and Poco had some good chances (missed PK and a missed breakaway). All things considered a fair result, we needed the 3, but the point also helps, puts the pressure back on GEU and Aldergrove to get a result in their last game to avoid demotion.

I am now angry that my 15 second goal is not the quickest this year. The one thing I have and you take it away. Jerks :D

Semantic

Sep 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The game was a blast to watch, actually. ....... As far as what's going on with us, I think we're just coming back down to where we're probably best suited to being.

It was fun to play, as well. Albeit, I'm gonna be hella sore tomorrow from that bit of banging and crashing I was doing. Who the hell puts that tree in center mid? :)

I think our biggest problem is our transition from the back line to the front line. Making space, moving to space, and getting the rest of the team involved in the offensive zone is hampering our ability to ripple the twine. When we do move the ball around, we do it well enough...but getting that smooth movement up to the strikers and giving them support has been our nemesis.

Maybe we've just misplaced that "killer instinct" in the box...I haven't been able to figure it out.

That ref was rediculous. It's bad enough when Keith doesn't wear his glasses on the pitch...but that guy today missed more calls than he made...

Krazy_Mexy

Jan 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe we've just misplaced that "killer instinct" in the box...I haven't been able to figure it out.

QUOTE]

Look for it in the cooler, it usually is next to the money bin... yeah the one nobody can find after they take a beer. belive me I know. i can never find it :D

the_caged_keeper

Nov 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
We always have too much space between the mid line and either the d or the strikers. Our spacing is not good at all most days. With the exception of the Port Moody cup game (our best effort by far this year) we've usually won games by capitalizing on opportunities and then hanging on, even in the games that we've won comfortably. It may help to have a coach, or even just someone on the sidelines who the guys will listen to and who has a decent vantage point from which to direct us. But it seems to me that that might be taking it a step or two farther than most of the guys want to go. *chuckles* I still can't figure out whether everyone's out to have fun or out to compete at a decent level.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Rams!! Any scouting report on the Royals? As you just played them and we haven't seen them in a while, who do we have to watch out for. They only have 16 goals, so if we shut down their top guy (if they have one) we should do OK. Its a huge game for both teams as the winner is safe from relegation and the loser has to watch the scoreboard. Thanks ---*** Mighty Rams - winners of the Knights Cup '08***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0