Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL D2] Banter and Results March 08'

Status
Not open for further replies.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
you'll have to play us again though :D...mission and whalley both good young teams that deserve to go up playing in competitive divisions. peace arch in 2a did have a lot of easy teams to play against....needing only 32 points to get to div 1 whereas in 2b n 2c teams needed 40+ to move on...the league should make the top 3 d2 teams overall move up...that way if a team clinces their division a month ahead of time it's incentive for them to keep winning games....but that's not the way it is...congrats to whalley, mission (bastards!;)) and peace arch even though i don't think you guys should go up...good luck next year....see you all next week at the finals/ 7aside..

I hope we don't have to play you guys I hope we go into 2A. I know we would win there. After all Westcoast doesn't want his team promoted anyway.

Kidding aside. I agree the fair thing to do is let the top 6 POINTS teams in div 3 go to div 2 with the bottom 6 div2 POINTS teams going to div 3 and the same for div 1, 2, and Premier.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope we don't have to play you guys I hope we go into 2A. I know we would win there. After all Westcoast doesn't want his team promoted anyway.

Kidding aside. I agree the fair thing to do is let the top 6 POINTS teams in div 3 go to div 2 with the bottom 6 div2 POINTS teams going to div 3 and the same for div 1, 2, and Premier.

The easier thing to do would be have more divisions and 1 group then you wouldn't have to worry about this.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh yeah we suck so much tit tonight that the Sundowners could have beat us.....shocking.....guys don't show up.

2-0 Ajax

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well that puts us Tigers in Div 3 next year. I guess I'd better get some thicker shin guards.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

You shouldn't worry about promotion. Finish in the top of your league first before worring about who should move up. The only reason your teams not moving down is because you won and tied games against the bottom teams in your league who are shite. As for not wanting to be promoted we will see next year, picking up some players this summer and maybe somemore for the winter.

WestCoast...What??? hope we finish second next year.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
here we go again...

...Westcoast remind us all again the cup head2heads...I seem to recall 2c not doing so well - talk about an 'easy' league :rolleyes:

No need to remind people. Div. 2a had two teams in the semis, and one was the bottom of the league(Titans). And the teams in the finals of the cup know how tough you guys played and that was what it was like all year in our division. Tight, tough defensive battles usually ending in a tie. If you look at our division we have the most ties, because the teams were so evenly matched. No more my divisions better then your division. You have to have the top team from each division move up, not the top point getters. If you wanted it like that it would have to be one huge division or two 15 team divisions. If anything they should drop the bottom 10 teams and make a fourth Div.3, so teams like Port Moody Lions can forfeit in Div.3. And make two div.2's of 10 teams each, division winners move up bottom two from ecah move down. With the four division winners in Div 3 moving up. Because only the good teams would be moving up and the really bad moving down.

WestCoast...What??? i'd like to thank the academy

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Real nice. Could have helped out a team in your club but you lose.wow
I would be upset if I was the Tigers.

Hey Westcoast when only 9 players show up for the last game of the year and have to make phone calls to Div3 and U21 players right before kickoff tell me how you guys would do? yeah like we wanted to see our club team relegated. I'm sure the league will look at keeping them up and making the Pomo Lions play Div3. and I don't think anyone on here could say Pomo deserves to stay up. not only should they be fined, they should have points taken away -3 points for every forfeit.

Mag_17

Jan 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree Hector...if the team cant make the commitment to one game a week then they should be losing points...the league should send the message that if you dont show up you fall a division.

although maybe im not the best one to be talking about commitment right now...

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Westcoast when only 9 players show up for the last game of the year and have to make phone calls to Div3 and U21 players right before kickoff tell me how you guys would do? yeah like we wanted to see our club team relegated. I'm sure the league will look at keeping them up and making the Pomo Lions play Div3. and I don't think anyone on here could say Pomo deserves to stay up. not only should they be fined, they should have points taken away -3 points for every forfeit.

Agreed. It is too bad, you would think guys would want to play seeing as they haven't played in a while. Good thing you weren't playing for promotion.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

That's the difference in class right there, at least you guys showed up and tried to make a game of it with 9, PoMo just phones and/or doesn't show up at all. To D4 with them I say.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You shouldn't worry about promotion. Finish in the top of your league first before worring about who should move up. The only reason your teams not moving down is because you won and tied games against the bottom teams in your league who are shite. As for not wanting to be promoted we will see next year, picking up some players this summer and maybe somemore for the winter.

WestCoast...What??? hope we finish second next year.

Over your head again WestCoast. We would finish in first if we were in 2A because 2A is shite. Cup play proves (not in the final). Look at the stats we did beat top teams and tie top teams which is why we aren't being relegated.

Face it Div 2A sucks if you were in any other Div 2 group you would have been relegated. Just stated what you said earlier. Your words are coming back to haunt you.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rams, you guys are all class (the guys that were there anyways) it was a big win for us,:) but believe me, we know it would have been different if you had your full team out there. See you in the summer league.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Over your head again WestCoast. We would finish in first if we were in 2A because 2A is shite. Cup play proves (not in the final). Look at the stats we did beat top teams and tie top teams which is why we aren't being relegated.

Face it Div 2A sucks if you were in any other Div 2 group you would have been relegated. Just stated what you said earlier. Your words are coming back to haunt you.

Dreams do come true. Just not for you. You're better then us??? I think not. GEu pumas beat you pretty good but couldn't manage a win against us. But we won in shootouts right. Well next year ask to be in our league and we will see. But you will lose, sorry. As for cup, our division must of being shite having 7 teams in the round of sixteen, 3 teams in the quarters(of 8) and two in the semis(of 4), must be a real shite division.

You're an idiot, and talk way too much shite and not showing it in your league or cup play just how good you are.

WestCoast...What??? enough with the haters of Div.2A, especially the idiots.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought we were going to have 15 to 17 guys. I called our starting ricghtback and he told me he was on pinetree. we never saw him last night. could someone tell me how this happens? our top striker (18 goals in 8 games) moved back to England the night before the game so we knew we would be in tough without him. I don't mind when guys call and say they can't make it but when they don't answer there phone or say they are coming and they don't show pisses me off. we could have helped out the Tigers and got some Money for finishing second now we got S.F.A.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like you did your part Hector.

Just do us a favour and give your guys sh#t as our guys worked hard to win our last 3 games which for us was VERY tough. It's all about respect and you and your few guys that were accounted for have it...the rest...I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0