Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL D2] Results & Banter - February 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree that the 5 top teams from div 2 are better than the bottom 3 div 1 teams...But there is no way of proving that with out a few games...a 1 off is not the answer . A 2 game mini could be.
We also must keep in mind that ...Out of the top 6 div 2 teams,you may not find 5 that want to move up, then it would be ok to keep one of the religated teams up.
Other than that...down they go.
one more thing, I also believe that the Prez cup winner if not in top 6 should be considered for the move up.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guarantee that we would have managed to win more than 3 fcuking games in Div 1 this year ;)

You only beat Stolo 1-0 FFS... and they're crap, and they finished ahead of you!
johnny that was a forfeit. they didn't even show up to play us at their home field where we beat them 4-1 last year. if they showed up we would have put more then 1 by them, guaranteed. this year has been a learning year for us and as our results from our last few games show we've been improving....if we go down we will be up again no doubt. we've been one of the top teams in the 2nd div since we got promoted to div 2. we've beaten some decent teams in div 1 and given up points in the last minutes to others. however i think it will be a 20 team div 1, just look at the promotion, relegation page on the fvsl website. next year we will be stronger we just have to win our last game this sunday...

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree that the 5 top teams from div 2 are better than the bottom 3 div 1 teams...But there is no way of proving that with out a few games...a 1 off is not the answer . A 2 game mini could be.
We also must keep in mind that ...Out of the top 6 div 2 teams,you may not find 5 that want to move up, then it would be ok to keep one of the religated teams up.
Other than that...down they go.
one more thing, I also believe that the Prez cup winner if not in top 6 should be considered for the move up.
i dont completely agree with you, but like you say there is no way of proving it other then playing against each other.....however ghouse, i believe that if those top 5 teams can't be the last 4/5 teams in the presidents cup, a competition consisting of division 2 and 3 teams they clearly don't deserve to be in the first division. obviously there's a chance of them playing one another in an earlier round like gunners n acbc....but if div 3 vault can beat dewdney celtic(just using these guys as an example), second spot in div 2a your telling me that dewdney is better than some div 1 teams? get real man......this week in cup play we have some interesting matchups with inter v guildford and red devils v poco royals. if the royal win does that mean they should go up over red devils? i too used to think last year that we were better then some div 1 teams and this year when playing div 1 i clearly noticed a different level of play, physically and mentally. some teams getting promoted will do fine others will struggle. another example just look at aldergrove,abby and even us. aldergrove went undefeated last season and almost winless this season....abby and us both did well last year but clearly had a hard time this season....there's still a few league games left and after it's all said and done we'll see who goes where

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
i dont completely agree with you, but like you say there is no way of proving it other then playing against each other.....however ghouse, i believe that if those top 5 teams can't be the last 4/5 teams in the presidents cup, a competition consisting of division 2 and 3 teams they clearly don't deserve to be in the first division. obviously there's a chance of them playing one another in an earlier round like gunners n acbc....but if div 3 vault can beat dewdney celtic(just using these guys as an example), second spot in div 2a your telling me that dewdney is better than some div 1 teams? get real man......this week in cup play we have some interesting matchups with inter v guildford and red devils v poco royals. if the royal win does that mean they should go up over red devils? i too used to think last year that we were better then some div 1 teams and this year when playing div 1 i clearly noticed a different level of play, physically and mentally. some teams getting promoted will do fine others will struggle. another example just look at aldergrove,abby and even us. aldergrove went undefeated last season and almost winless this season....abby and us both did well last year but clearly had a hard time this season....there's still a few league games left and after it's all said and done we'll see who goes where
As a Dewdney player we should have won that game against Vault and didn't (not complaining we did it to ourselves) Im not sure on how well we would do in Div 1 as we have not played a Div 1 team. It does show however that anyone can beat anyone on any day. (see langley prem vs twu pak cup) The gunners even though I have not seem them play as I joined halfway thru the season and wasn't in town for the game on saturday night, should be a div 1 team as they have proved with a full season of wins and only 5 goals against. I think they should just go on with the regular promo and relegation games as usual and stop screwing around with everything. lets just figure it out ffs.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
...I think they should just go on with the regular promo and relegation games as usual and stop screwing around with everything. lets just figure it out ffs....
i agree however, the league hasn't screwed around with any promo, relegation stuff its all on the website, its just people on here assuming or making up shite and causing all the confusion as to whats going on now that theres not bcpsl

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
You also must remember any team being promoted should also be looking to add some more better players to help them in the higher division they are moveing to.
Players who will play div 1 but may not play in div 2.
I know the top 6 teams in div 2 now and they all could play div 1 and all have said to me they would be looking for more players to add to thier team. (and letting a few bench players go). I know your club could have done better and are better than your record shows...But thats soccer,you need to find ways to get results to stay up.
Out of 18 teams you unfortunately are in the bottom 3 after 17 games.... Sorry but you gotta be religated and figuar you shti out ,earn your spot back and try again. The next time you will be better for sure. Some of the teams comeing up will probabley move right back down because they dont have the experiance that you have learnt. But again thats soccer and it makes everyone stronger because of it.
Hey the league may choose to promote less teams and keep you up for all I know...But ??
If your at the bottom..your at the bottom for a reason.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Mills and Co are missing a great opportunity to tighten up the top rungs of the league if they don't pair D1 down.

Just my humble $0.02. worth, I am not making shite up either, there has been plenty of rumblings...

The FVSL Promo/Relegation will not go as on the website, mark my words, the BCPSL is non-existent... therefore the rules go out the window.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
You also must remember any team being promoted should also be looking to add some more better players to help them in the higher division they are moveing to.
Players who will play div 1 but may not play in div 2.
I know the top 6 teams in div 2 now and they all could play div 1 and all have said to me they would be looking for more players to add to thier team. (and letting a few bench players go). I know your club could have done better and are better than your record shows...But thats soccer,you need to find ways to get results to stay up.
Out of 18 teams you unfortunately are in the bottom 3 after 17 games.... Sorry but you gotta be religated and figuar you shti out ,earn your spot back and try again. The next time you will be better for sure. Some of the teams comeing up will probabley move right back down because they dont have the experiance that you have learnt. But again thats soccer and it makes everyone stronger because of it.
Hey the league may choose to promote less teams and keep you up for all I know...But ??
If your at the bottom..your at the bottom for a reason.
just for the record ghouse we have one more game left and if we win we stay up...

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Mills and Co are missing a great opportunity to tighten up the top rungs of the league if they don't pair D1 down.

Just my humble $0.02. worth, I am not making shite up either, there has been plenty of rumblings...

The FVSL Promo/Relegation will not go as on the website, mark my words, the BCPSL is non-existent... therefore the rules go out the window.
there have also been quite a few rumblings of 20 D1 in 2 groups of 10 followed by 4 div 2's of 10 teams each....just saying theres A LOT of speculations. no one will know until the league makes a decision of what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0