Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] Results and Banter 2012-13 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not sure what the club has planned but I don't see a situation where there will be a merger. If we win league then our intention is to move up to premier.

Pretty sure you guys will have to go rogue to accomplish that. Don't imagine the league or Coastal wants two premier teams. Fraser valley Premier with 2 Coastal teams would be a step back for the league not a step forward.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
What would be a step forward? 3 of the top 4 teams in div 1 have prem teams, should prem go down to 8 teams?

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What would be a step forward? 3 of the top 4 teams in div 1 have prem teams, should prem go down to 8 teams?

Tough to answer. Personally I think it would make the league better, 8 teams play each other 3 times. In ND we use the club system. We have had 5-7 Premier guys hurt for large portions of the season and called up 7 the whole year. Yes it hurt the div. 1 team sometimes but it saved the premier team from relegation. What do you do when
4 starters have long term injuries and 2-3 others are getting minor ones throughout. 2 premier teams hurts the club, talent is seperated. I have a hard time understanding how Coastal wouldn't instantly be a top team if they merged. The premier team is up there now but add 5-7 div. 1 guys and they are a threat in Provincials and a top 3 team for years to come. I guess now a days people just want to play with friends instead of make new ones.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
That makes sense, Gunners are in the same boat at times. If Coastal is using the club system to that/any extent than promotion would hurt. I just don't see the sense in going down the list in div 1 to a team that will take promotion (chilliwack/aldergrove) that have not won.

Injury-Prone

Sep 19, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would make sense to pull up when needed, but the problem is that the call-ups rarely happen in our club; consequently, Div. 1 coastal has a number of premier-quality players who don't get a chance because our premier team is stocked. I have no illusions that we would go up and be top-3 contenders (if we win div. 1, which is still not for sure), but I know a number of us want the opportunity to compete at that level.
If there is no reason to win div. 1 (promotion, money, minor sponsors, etc.), and no real threat of relegation to the bottom prem teams because the top div. 1 teams already have a team in prem, then the whole idea of the hierarchy loses credibility. It will cause talent to leave Coastal (and other clubs who see the futility in winning Div. 1 with a prem team to their club's credit).

Nov 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would make sense to pull up when needed, but the problem is that the call-ups rarely happen in our club; consequently, Div. 1 coastal has a number of premier-quality players who don't get a chance because our premier team is stocked. I have no illusions that we would go up and be top-3 contenders (if we win div. 1, which is still not for sure), but I know a number of us want the opportunity to compete at that level.
If there is no reason to win div. 1 (promotion, money, minor sponsors, etc.), and no real threat of relegation to the bottom prem teams because the top div. 1 teams already have a team in prem, then the whole idea of the hierarchy loses credibility. It will cause talent to leave Coastal (and other clubs who see the futility in winning Div. 1 with a prem team to their club's credit).

I agree, the prem team has no one signed down, and I don't recall any of the div1 getting called up to actually play. This isn't truly a club system though we have the same name. If there is no motivation to win your league and get promoted, then whats the point? And lets be honest, though there are different skill levels in the league, we are all amateurs that have to pay to play

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree, the prem team has no one signed down, and I don't recall any of the div1 getting called up to actually play. This isn't truly a club system though we have the same name. If there is no motivation to win your league and get promoted, then whats the point? And lets be honest, though there are different skill levels in the league, we are all amateurs that have to pay to play

Fair enough but that's not the point of being in a club. Benefits of being in a club are access to facilities, preferred field times, The Club System. Has anyone from Div.1 with ambitions to play premier left the team and tried to play premier and win a spot? Maybe show a little ambition. Call me crazy but look at West Coast, they went from average to very good in one year. Best thing for the league and club is one team with all the best players on it. Player 15-20 on the depth chart can get minutes in div.1 and premier until the transfer deadline. I mean your going to compete against yourselves to recruit youth players. Why would the club allow it? I bet they don't. We had a club meeting and explained the div.1 masters and div. 1 teams are not competing to be in the premier leagues. If that doesn't work for you see you later, enjoy finding field times and changerooms. If you want to play at a higher level tryout, or quit and tryout somewhere else.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter have 3 or 4 of our guys signed down also so i couldn't see them wanting promotion or it making sense for that matter. Westcoast like Delta, Moody, and most other teams use the club system which for sure helps. On the flip side though, if Coastal don't use it then why stop them from coming up under the Coastal name? There was 2 SFC teams (temple/guildford) to start the season so i can't see the league stopping it from happening along with not foreseeing Coastal div1 folding after 4 or 5 games. I would rather see 10 teams playing each other twice, appose to 8 or 9 playing each other 3 times.

matkinson

Nov 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough but that's not the point of being in a club. Benefits of being in a club are access to facilities, preferred field times, The Club System. Has anyone from Div.1 with ambitions to play premier left the team and tried to play premier and win a spot? Maybe show a little ambition. Call me crazy but look at West Coast, they went from average to very good in one year. Best thing for the league and club is one team with all the best players on it. Player 15-20 on the depth chart can get minutes in div.1 and premier until the transfer deadline. I mean your going to compete against yourselves to recruit youth players. Why would the club allow it? I bet they don't. We had a club meeting and explained the div.1 masters and div. 1 teams are not competing to be in the premier leagues. If that doesn't work for you see you later, enjoy finding field times and changerooms. If you want to play at a higher level tryout, or quit and tryout somewhere else.

For years we have tried to utilize the club system with little to no support from our prem program. I can't recall them signing any players to div. 1 over the 7 years I've been with the team. We have always had good relationships with our div. 2/3/4 and masters teams and have had players fill in roles with us when we've needed them. So yes while a club system is obviously very advantageous, Coastal having 2 teams in the premier league really shoudn't change much from the club's perspective. At this point however the season isn't over and we still have work to do before we can really sit down and have this discussion with our team and our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0