Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] - Results and Banter Jan '08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New Year, new thread.

Things have slowed down in the past few weeks with weather and holidays but there's still lots of soccer to go.

What's on the minds of the FVSL Div 2's finest at this time of the year?
Who's going to take the league cup? ACBC? Port Moody?

Here's the standings starting the new year:
# Team Pts.
1. Athletic Club BC 35
2. Port Moody Gunners 35
3. North Delta FC 30
4. SFC Rangers 25
5. Dewdney Coachmen 23
6. Aldergrove Warriors 22
7. Delta Metro Utd 21
8. TWU Titans 21
9. Surrey Sporting 20
10.Poco City Reserves 19
11.Langley Athletic 18
12.Chilliwack Rapids 17
13.Tsawwassen Royals 15
14.Aldergrove Utd 14
15.Dewdney Razorbacks 10
16.Langley Dynamo 10
17.Golden Ears Cobras 9
18.Coquitlam MF Arsenal 9
19.Whalley Utd 4
20.Peace Arch Utd 3

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL Div 1 January 08 Results & Banter

Happy New Year to all.
And hats off to Global warming and Winter Soccer

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Were playing Poco City Premier in a friendly Sunday at 8pm Byrne Creek.
We tied them last month 0-0
Then tied their Div 1 team in league play. lol
So hope we play well after all the Turkey and beers this holiday past.
Poco have a good team.This will be a good test for us.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Were playing Poco City Premier in a friendly Sunday at 8pm Byrne Creek.
We tied them last month 0-0
Then tied their Div 1 team in league play. lol
So hope we play well after all the Turkey and beers this holiday past.
Poco have a good team.This will be a good test for us.

We have an exhib today vs. our Premier side... Were missing a ton of guys, I am having trouble re-organized after the long break and I have two guys nursing injuries still from pre-christmas! Key defenders unfortunately.

Signed one new college player, though I am not expecting much.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coachmen 2 Warriors 0. Clean match, both sides short players. DFC Celtic was nice enough to lend us two players on call up who both played great and are of at least Div. 1 caliber. Thanks Guru. Both sides had quite a few chances we just finished our dinner more.

JTL

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC Dynamo 3 - Chilliwack 0.

Good clean game, Chilliwack was strong for the opening 25 and it was a good back and forth battle, we scored against the play on a counter attack and they built strong momentum from that point.

Good field conditions for a grass field in the wack.

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
cobra's 4-0 over sporting
i would just like to thank the sporting guys for taking part in the 1 min silence for Tyler Anderson
game was clean enough no bitching or cheap shots just a couple of rash tackles by my guys who got and deserved yellows

Dali Lama

Mar 26, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great bunch of guys fully deserve the 3 points. On behalf of Surrey Sporting we would like to send our condolences to all freinds and family of Tyler Anderson and to everyone at GEU FC.

LSD

May 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
NDFC 3-2 Coquitlam

We moved the ball around really well this game, created lots of chances and should have scored quite a few more. Game was 2-1 for Coquitlam with 15 to go and bulljive must have had a great Christmas scoring two for the win to complete the hat trick. To Coquitlam's credit they have a couple of little 5 footers up front who are very quick and caused us some trouble on a few occassions, and with us up 3-2 Coquitlam hit a couple posts in the last 5, but we were fully deserving of the 3 points.

canuck

Jan 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya you could say I was AWOL! I played like I wasn't there and apparently mentally I wasn't! I take full responsablity for our loss as for some reason I fotgot I was a goalie and thought it would be a good idea to try and dribble the ball outside my 18 and it bit me in the a$$ and the next two goals were textbook saves that I didn't make. I know we didn't score but pretty tought for the team to recover! Now in saying that very much looking forward to cup this weekend and redeeming myself!

I want to finish by saying that the Cobra's were a classy bunch of guys that came out and really played like they wanted it! I didn't know Tyler but I would also like send my condolences to Tyler's family, friends and teammates!

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Royals almost did ACBC a big favour, pretty even game, opportunities on both sides, but the Gunners finally put one away with about 20 mins left on what I felt was just a defensive breakdown, got caught a man short at the back with them on a fast break. 1-0 Gunners

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gunners 5-1 over Whalley, game was called at 70 minute mark, as whalley was down to 9 men. They started with 10, stuck around till half time 1-1(leading for a bit) but we took control easily with the extra man in the second. On to the Rangers

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ACBC vs Surrey Rangers game was scheduled for this weekend... until this morning? Both teams are out of the Pak cup, is this gmae happening or has it been further postponed?

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game was never on...

The FVSL brass scheduled the game, but we never had a field to play on.

That being said, Newton Turf is a sheet of ice, and we cancelled our practice last night as well.

Shorty story is: No Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0