Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL] Div 2 2015/2016 Results & Banter

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If inter at div 1 continue their slump and div 3 rowdies continue their form. Possibility of 6 west coast in div 2 next year.

Mr Sheppard Kisses

Nov 5, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sparta 1 - PMO 0

Good clean overall game. Was a fast paced match and it was a great game. We played a solid game, had our defence step up and shut down Spartas talented forwards. Created a lot of good scoring chances. We played strong but just couldnt score. Missed a breakaway and some chances in the 18. Just wasnt going our way on the offence tonight. Late in the second half Sparta player made a quick turn and scored a real nice goal bottem left corner, was a beauty. It was a very even match, Sparta is a great team and always have some great battles with us. Was a tough loss and still only at 3 points. Off to Cascades celtics next week i believe for a very important game. Got to bring the heat.

And for ZidaneFan, if im correct, you played good tonight. Seemed like you were playing hurt cause ive seen you play when your healthy. You played most of the game and helped your boys out and got the 3 points. After having 2 knee surgeries and playing an intence game, you are a stud! Well done

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Definitely not me. I only played 15 mins - tonight was my first game on turf in 18 months - and I was so slow and out of shape. Must be all that pity pizza and lack of movement.....I wanted to come off after 30 seconds.
I wouldn't worry too much about the standings, Shepard, you guys have now played the top 3 teams in your first 4 games.
Recap - We missed two sitters at the 6 yard line, both of them our player was wide open as the ball came across the goal on the ground and shot it over the bar. Was a great battle to watch, with both teams going hard but still playing clean. Really even game. Titans had one half breakaway on an angle but the player didn't hit the net. Other than that, they didn't have much offence. Many crosses from number 11 on right wing (he played unreal) but never more than 2 guys in the box ever. And they never got on the crosses. However, defensively and in midfield PMO had it locked in. Took good care of the ball and passed extremely well in the middle of the park. Just needed some offence. On another day, it could've gone the other way - luck was on our side. It is Thanksgiving and I'm assuming they were missing 10 players like we were tonight. Next year the league shouldn't allow games on Thanksgiving Sunday.
To the rest, don't take PMO for granted based on the standings - they are far better than what you think.

Mr Sheppard Kisses

Nov 5, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
We really needed a win there, hope we can do a bit better next 4 games. Sparta is always a tough team to beat, they have a lot of talent. Were u guys missing your golden boot runner up forward tonight? Maybe i was mistaken about you my bad, thought you had orange cleats

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya we were missing him. We didn't have any natural strikers yesterday. Pretty much played a 4-6 formation......
I had yellow boots. Went in for 15 mins to start the 2nd half. It wasn't pretty....

Mr Sheppard Kisses

Nov 5, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yea thought he wasnt there. The blonde forward did a good job filling in for him, was fast. Was a really good battle. I overheard one of your players saying that he shouldnt even be playing, he had 2 knee surgeries. He pointed to a guy with bright boots and was kinda short. Maybe i was lookin at the wrong player. But anyways, nice victory

Sep 7, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
If inter at div 1 continue their slump and div 3 rowdies continue their form. Possibility of 6 west coast in div 2 next year.
Actually if that happened I think one of the teams would have to fold.
A reliable source informed me that there are about 6 players from the Rowdies also playing with Inter.
He also said Inter is still only getting about 9 guys a game to show up.
My guess would be that Inter would fold, they didn't do so well last year and if it worked out like that then it would mean back to back promotions for the Rowdies.
Who knows it could stay the way it is.
Its a long season and stranger things have happened.

Sep 7, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-1 loss, tough to accept. Went into second half with a 1-0 lead with both teams having chances. Credit to knights who played better for most for the second half. Wade with a goal 10 to go. Then we missed a few sitters right at the end.

Knights are good guys, this will give us some extra motivation to try and bring our A-game next weekend versus United.

SIDENOTE: our ref was Andy Li, if you have him for your game be worried. I am not saying we lost because of him but we had 3 goals disallowed and bizarre calls for both sides all game. He has no control over a game, which could be dangerous. I know this is men's rec div 2, but fvsl watch this guy.
We had the same ref this weekend and it was the same story.
Offside calls that made no sense, (can't be offside in your own end, and can't be coming from an offside position when they still have a player on the post)
Gave a penalty shot with 10 mins left for some pushing for position on a corner that was going both ways.
No rhyme or reason for the free kicks, most off the calls were late and only came after someone from one team or the other bitched about not getting a call.
No control over the game
If it matters I saw him sitting in his car before the game and he was wearing glasses but did not sport them during the match.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would recommend sending the game reports to the league, I know its tough to get quality officials all the time but perhaps with the game reports he would get those lower division games. On a bright note Celtic vs Pomo had Mark Bell and I thought he was fantastic, easy to talk to, played a good advantage, and was 50/50 on everything. Would enjoy having him out every week.

Sep 7, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was a Masters Div 2 Poco vs Whalley Phoenix game so it doesn't get much lower than that.
I play a few games a season for a div 4a team and they have had him as well so I guess your/were sh#t out of luck.
I have had good refs as well had a really good one a couple weeks ago, Estacio was his name called a good fair match.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0