Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL] Div 2 2016/2017 Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bergkamp2.0

Aug 7, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
No doubt. I did the drive from Van to Ottawa, much nicer than the #7. Stopped at the Terry Fox memorial in Thunder Bay, highly recommend checking it out if you find yourself nearby.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey if I were still playing it would take ME 12 minutes to get to your park, but I'm preaching for the choir here, I speak for the people. Nice result tonight.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last nights game was a lot closer than the score indicates. I'll start off by noting how good the ref was last night. It's easy to blame refs when they make mistakes but without AR's it's not easy, and I thought the guy in the middle did as good a job as he could last night.

The game started off back and forth, and we found a break through maybe 20 mins in, and then found some confidence, in which we should/could have added more. Questionable offside goal called back for us right before half that would have made it 2-0, but instead we went into the half 1 up.

2nd half saw them have two very good chances to get back level but our keeper came up with two good stops. We found our feet and started getting chances again in which a scramble resulted in their keeper clawing to make a good stop from a scramble in the six. With about 10 left their left back hit a cracker off the inside off the post and it rolled all the way across the line which I guess must of just made them feel as though it wasn't their night. Then with about 5 left we added a 2nd, after that they died and we scored 2 absolute beauties in stoppage time to improve our goal difference.

We were full value for the 3 points IMO last night, and it feels good to get 3 points after those last two losses. Next up is another tough one against the Knights & a good amount of my old teammates.

wc.Celtic

Oct 8, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Royals 3-0 Celtic

Probably one of our better games this year, still couldn't put it together though. Been a rough go so far this year for sure.

1-0 at half after a goal in the 2nd min, chances at each end, lots of chippy fouls.
2nd goal came midway through the 2nd half, we thought it was offside but what can you do, tough to say without linesman, we just gotta be better. 3rd on a counter to put it away.
I had a couple free kicks I should've done better on, couple other chances, should've had a PK but we were already down 3 so wouldn't have mattered. Definitely 2 teams who don't like each other.

Can't do much other than keep battling.

krisztiant

Jan 21, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 0
Langley United 1

Good hard faught game on both ends, both teams played clean for the most part, first game that hasn't been very chippy for us since joining fvsl, was nice for a change. Referee was also one of the better ones I've seen.

We came out hard and tried to take it to Langley to only come up short of a few near misses and a goal post. At about the 30 minute mark Langley seized there opportunity as one of our defenders miss played the ball and they gave a nice floating through ball that our goalie tried to come out and get to before there player, but there striker was quicker and took advantage and buried the ball. The rest of the half was back and forth with decent opportunities, I myself felt like I let my team down with the amount of chances I had and couldn't even burry one of them.

Second half started out similar to the first we came out hard again trying to get the equalizer but again couldn't find the net had a couple near misses, a ball missed off a cross right on langleys goal line. Langley was good off the counter attack and challenged our goalie on a couple good opportunities. They also had a nice free kick just outside the 18 that there player placed around the wall but again our keeper was there. I had a couple shots near the end none found the target unfortunately. Again good hard fought game and felt like we atleast deserved a tie but hats off to Langley they took there opportunities and won the game.

Hope Langley does a review of the game aswell would be nice to hear there thots on the game

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUSA Dynamo 1 - SU 0

Grass. Who would have thought? Lol. I dropped the ball on scouting which field #5 was at Cloverdale athletic, but turns out the Grass was in good shape.

Surrey United worked hard, had some good combinations on attack. We looked sloppy on the grass, several turn overs and poor passes that almost cost us. I rotated the entire roster through trying to keep guys fresh since we play again tomorrow less than 24 hours later. We can play a fair bit better than that.

As earlier stated by @krisztiant game was fairly clean, if anything WE were guilty of a few reckless challenges. That particular official is always in the top tier, we are lucky when we get someone like that that keeps control and gets it correct way more often than not! I feel he got the yellow card "dive" call wrong on our striker, from my close vantage he was diving to avoid colliding with the keeper not diving to draw a foul, there was zero contact and he's not a diver, but he does object to getting hurt. The next step he takes likely steps on your keeper or knees him in the head if he doesn't dive over him. Moot point, we all see things differently, I have the benefit of knowing the player.

I look forward to a re-match on Turf.

There is a massive blemish on the Surrey United's record however...... I never saw them with a Beer cooler unless they went and hid somewhere! :eek::eek:

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No kidding!

We played them in pre-season the week prior to season start, they looked good!

@fvrd unexplained implosion

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 6:

Mission vs Black Knights
Dynamo
vs Red Bulls
Celtic vs Pomo
FV vs Royals
Sparta vs
TWU
Milan vs Surrey Tie

Knights vs Mission should a solid match Friday night, going to take the Knights 3-2
Dynamo back in the swing of things take out Red Bulls 2-1
Celtic vs Pomo usually have a defensive battle, should be a decent match.
Royals to walk over the struggling FV 3-0
Sparta to continue their winning way with a 2-0 win over TWU
Milan and Surrey to slug it out on a 2-2 tie.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
If weather even permits any games this weekend I'll take

Mission vs Knights
Dynamo vs RedBulls 3-0
Celtic vs Pomo 0-2
Royals vs FVRD 2-1
Sparta vs TWU 4-0
Milan vs Surrey 1-1

Status