Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL] Div 2 2016/2017 Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
How's the knee holding up ?
It's hit and miss, I have 2 meniscus tears that I've had for years, seems to be acting up more and more lately. Knee blew up pretty bad after the Friday night game vs Mission and wasn't back to normal till Thursday, does tend to happen after the first 90 of the year. I'll try it out vs you guys Saturday and if it acts up again, ill probably just hang them up till I can get it repaired. Our goalie is back so a return between the pipes is out of the question.

Last edited:

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission 0-5 Sparta

0-0 at half, but even by that point they were by far the better team, creating chance after chance. We had a couple of chances on the break that made their keeper make the better of the saves but only ever against the run of play.

Second half was as one sided as a game I've ever been a part of though, they showed how much better they are than us, and didn't let us out of own half almost literally. Once they scored which looked inevitable right from the first whistle deflated us, and it must of been 3-0 within minutes. They didn't let up and just kept coming and added another two.

All in all 5-0 was a fair score. Hopefully we can bounce back next week against Dynamo.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights 3-0 Celtic.

First 15-20 we couldn't get anything going and it was all Knights traffic. They went up 1-0 about 20 in off a lucky bounce, but between our goalie and their missed chances 1-0 was favourable to us. We played decently in the last 15 created a few chances but nothing came of it. 1-0 at half. Second half was more even with us playing a bit better but a goal with about 25 to go took the wind out of the sails. They potted a 3rd with about 15 to go. Our keeper played great today and it could have been more of it wasn't for him. Tough start to the year.

After many nagging injuries that haven't quite healed up, I decided to hang them up today. Hopefully just for the year to get back healthy but it's been a pleasure battling against you lads for many years. Best of luck the rest of this year, I'll see you on the sides for pints after the matches. Cheers, Cascade.

Bergkamp2.0

Aug 7, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cascade, I know you have a life, but you gotta get on your bike and strengthen that knee and take in swimming. You'll be back in no time. Div 2 isn't the same without you, so get'r done!

#1 Fan

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights 3- Celtic 0

We really could have gone into double digits today if it wasn't for the Celtic keeper . He was easily man of the match .

Sorry to hear about the retirement knees , good luck .

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights 3-0 Celtic.

First 15-20 we couldn't get anything going and it was all Knights traffic. They went up 1-0 about 20 in off a lucky bounce, but between our goalie and their missed chances 1-0 was favourable to us. We played decently in the last 15 created a few chances but nothing came of it. 1-0 at half. Second half was more even with us playing a bit better but a goal with about 25 to go took the wind out of the sails. They potted a 3rd with about 15 to go. Our keeper played great today and it could have been more of it wasn't for him. Tough start to the year.

After many nagging injuries that haven't quite healed up, I decided to hang them up today. Hopefully just for the year to get back healthy but it's been a pleasure battling against you lads for many years. Best of luck the rest of this year, I'll see you on the sides for pints after the matches. Cheers, Cascade.
Stop being such a pussy and suck it up.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights 3-0 Celtic.

Ask zidanefan about knee injuries. Just need time man and you'll be back. Pretty sure, like most of us on ttp, will never hang them up

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ask zidanefan about knee injuries. Just need time man and you'll be back. Pretty sure, like most of us on ttp, will never hang them up
Oh yeah already had a few knee surgeries just gotta get this one cleaned up and the calf tear back at full strength. Doing my best to be back next season. I'll still be around just on the sides, more time for beers.

InanimateCarbonRod

Oct 5, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 6 - 2 Titans

Well we carried the momentum of a hard fought derby vs Sparta in to this one. We came out flying for the first 35 minutes controlling the play and finishing almost every look we had (both of those qualities are fairly rare for this team)

First goal came around the 5 minute mark and continued every 5 to 10 minutes after that. 5-0 after about 35 minutes. PMO got one back after a cough up in the center turned in to a blocked shot with our CB's hand. PK awarded, no problem with the call. 5-1 at half.

As you can imagine, the game began to degrade from there. PMO didn't have much to lose and pushed their players up. One of our boys got 10 stitches from a clash of heads after their guy went through his back on an air ball. They got one back on a nice finish from a corner-ball volleyed short side. We got it back somehow, didn't see, I was too busy icing my back.

6-2 final. Time to get this ship pointed back in the right direction against Mission next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0