Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL] Div 2 2016/2017 Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Must feel good to place a winning game report for once, hey @cascadesoccer? :wa:

As for the real report, both teams came out ready to play. Pretty even first half. They scored off a middle of the park turnover a little against the grain of play. Our D got mixed up and lost their forward. Nice ball crossed in from the right corner to the back post, headed back across into the bottom corner. No chance for our keep.

We came back straight away. Our left back got the ball on a switch about 5-10 yards inside half. They gave him all day to set up and hit a bomb from way out. Not sure if the keep was out of position or couldn't see, but in it went.

Second goal came pretty quick after on a passing play. Forward turned I the box maybe 15 yards out of the right post and hit one. Sparta D-man tried to get a piece and it looped over their keep (somehow credited as an OG...??).

Third goal came off a cross from the right side. One of our guys played it down and our left mid managed to volley it bottom left corner. 3-1 at half.

Second half they came out strong for the first 10-15 but we really took over after that I thought. Controlled a lot of the play and worked our way into a corner kick mid-half. Our mid took it and bent it in from the corner. No idea how that ball gets in untouched (I MAY have been getting a beer from the cooler when this happened :cool:). 4-1 at that point and no looking back.

They had a couple other good chances (one massive save from our keep first half to keep it 3-1), and there was some controversy off a corner kick that the ref missed a ball trickling over the line. Either way 4-1, 4-2, it doesn't matter. We missed 3 clear breakaways so it all works itself out. The good news for @ZidaneFan is there's no amount of faking injuries that could have got his team back in it, even if he could play. Good game, Sparta's a solid squad.

Pretty even first half? what game were you watching? Royals dominated us from start to finish. We scored, they answered (and yes our keep was out of position). Maybe it was because we hadn't played in a few weeks but we were careless with the ball and played way below our ability, and obviously the Royals were super pumped to play Sparta, so they came out flying. Your keeper made that unreal save to keep it 3-1. We hit two crossbars, had that one goal not called in (no way Kyle could see it) but you guys did miss a lot of chances so that evens it out. 4-1 was a deserved score. You need a new striker that has confidence though, after missing 6 breakaways he almost passed the ball out of bounds to nobody on his 7th breakaway.

@cascadesoccer you were partially right on your report: Our center mid had a hard tackle, and kicked the ball out when their player didn't get up. 10 mins later one of our guys goes down, and instead of kicking the ball out, Royals come down the field and get a shot on net. Luckily, we are on to them and their antics, so we kept playing...

Supersub

Sep 23, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions this week:

Langley Utd Sparta 3
- PMO Titans 1
Mission SC A 1 - Poco FC Royals 4
SAFC Red Bulls 2 - TWU Titans 2
Westcoast FC Celtic 1 - Westcoast FC Milan 2
Langley Utd Dynamo 3- Westcoast Black Knights 2

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions this week:

Langley Utd Sparta 3
- PMO Titans 1
Mission SC A 1 - Poco FC Royals 4
SAFC Red Bulls 2 - TWU Titans 2
Westcoast FC Celtic 1 - Westcoast FC Milan 2
Langley Utd Dynamo 3- Westcoast Black Knights 2

Sparta vs Pomo
Mission vs Royals- no excuses but we're missing a few key guys through injury. Hopefully it's not too bad.
RedBulls vs TWU- battle of the two teams with an average age of 21.
Celtic vs Milan
Dynamo vs Knights- two solid sides playing out a tie.
FVRD vs Surrey- first point(s) of the season for FVRD

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now let's get this straight...are the Royals all cheatin', heathen, sonofaguns or is Sparta the whiniest team in the league?

There was an incident last season with Royals, can't remember the details.

Sparta does talk a bit, I won't say whine. That's too extreme, but their wealth of experience certainly helps them know when to get the officials attention and when not. Lets call it "Strategic Discussion" instead of whining.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission 0-3 Royals

We were missing key guys, and basically just set out to frustrate them. Sit back and hit them on the counter, and it almost worked out well. 0-0 at half with us creating the best of the few chances either side had.

Second half we tried to keep going but they're quality showed as they scored from a perfect cross that their winger I believe just guided home on a volley. The second came a few minutes later from a half volley that looped somehow perfectly in, I would say flukey but I'll give him the benefit and say he meant to hit it like that. 3rd came with maybe 15 left after we started to try chase the game.

All in all it was a decent game, and a much better performance from my boys compared to last week. Royals are a solid squad, and I can't wait for the rematch.

krisztiant

Jan 21, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey- 0
Fvrd- 1

Can't win games without scoring, looks like we might be scrapping it out at the bottom of the table all season if this keeps up, Red Devils played pretty well and made us pay on 1 of there many oppertunities, we couldn't bury any of ours.

Well on to next week

Sprusgoose

Nov 21, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission 0-3 Royals

We were missing key guys, and basically just set out to frustrate them. Sit back and hit them on the counter, and it almost worked out well. 0-0 at half with us creating the best of the few chances either side had.

Second half we tried to keep going but they're quality showed as they scored from a perfect cross that their winger I believe just guided home on a volley. The second came a few minutes later from a half volley that looped somehow perfectly in, I would say flukey but I'll give him the benefit and say he meant to hit it like that. 3rd came with maybe 15 left after we started to try chase the game.

All in all it was a decent game, and a much better performance from my boys compared to last week. Royals are a solid squad, and I can't wait for the rematch.

Pretty much sums it first half. We struggled early. Couldn't string passes if our lives depended on it. Mission played a very tight defensive game. Unfortunately, the field fcuked you. Your boy Billy took a great touch from 25 yards out and slipped trying to ping it. Could have been a big game changer if he can bury it.

Came out second half with a chip. Got a goal and forced Mission to press. We also call fluke on the 2nd....I refuse to believe a guy in Div 2 can play that ball :pompous:. 3rd was off a nice cross, flicked by our mid to our left mid on a one-timer. Not our best performance and Mission played very tight. Well done boys.

Billy for president.:bronco:

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sparta 1 - 1 PMO
Dominated the game in possession and chances. They had a few decent chances in first half, our goalie came up big. We had a goal called back and hit a crossbar. 2nd half pmo had a decent 10 min spell but other than that we had all the ball. Missed a diving header sitter, their keeper cleared a ball off the line. Both goals were scored on mistakes. Disappointed to not come out with 3 points. If only I was playing.....
Have to quit acting like my elder statesman @cascadesoccer and get back in the game

notthewizardofoz

Nov 22, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights v Dynamo was a battle as per @R-Tee mentioned. They have picked up a few guys that make them harder to play against then they already were. Much improved over the last few years for sure. I think you could call the first half pretty even, couple of hard tackles from either side, but Knights had the better chances. Knights scored a nice little chip but the pass to get him in was ridiculously good. Bent in by the centre back with the outside of his foot.1-0 at half. Penalty early in the second half for hand ball on us. Keeper made a good save on a decent shot. Probably gave us a little bit of a boost and kept it at 1-0. We scored not too long after on a mucker off a corner to make it 1-1. By then the hard tackles had caught up and a few yellows had been given, I think 1 to us and 2 to Knights. Nothing over the top, at least one I'd say was for foul accumulation. @R-Tee scored a peach to put us up 2-1. Top corner, far side, about 20ish out, but I doubt he could do it again, that said don't leave him wide open or he'll try it over and over now I'm sure. Knights pushed, we bunkered and tried to hit on the counter. Then it went downhill.

Not sure the guy involved from Knights but him and Dynamo player got in a bit of a pissing match. Probably 10 mins left. Little kicks here and there, some beaking, and probably a foul or two for both that went uncalled. All lead to, on a clearance from out keep, the Knights guy going pretty hard shoulder to shoulder with our guy. From my point of view it could have been a foul, if anything just to calm to two of them down but didn't get called. Anyhow ball slides away and Knight guy keeps chasing the ball. Our guy rides the challenge does a little loop back and just when Knights guy and our forward go to challenge for the ball, Dynamo guy comes back and cleans him out. Fine hit for a corner of a hockey rink, no where close to fine on the soccer field. Knights guy gets up and head locks said Dynamo guy and drops him head first on the turf ( This is the best I can put it together...bodies collecting pretty fast at this point). Everyone jumps in but no punches thrown as I think most guys were in to get everyone else out. Happened right by the Knights side line so they may have had a better angle on it.

Ref red cards head-locker and our guy, both leave, still beaking at each other. Game ends and our guy is not good. Ended up at the hospital getting checked out. Turns out minor concussion (from the head meeting turf incident, I think) but aside from some time off doc thinks he should be ok.

Bad ending to a hard fought game especially because it didn't need to happen. Personally I'd like to have seen the ref do a little more during the game but there's no way you can lay all the blame on him. Both guys in the skirmish should have backed off well before the incident happened. Our guy's tackle was horrid (shoulder to shoulder but not clean in the slightest) but the Knights reaction was over the top as well.

Not a fan of hard fought games ending like this. Competition is good and Knights and us compete hard but stuff like that just leaves me shaking my head.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights v Dynamo was a battle as per @R-Tee mentioned. They have picked up a few guys that make them harder to play against then they already were. Much improved over the last few years for sure. I think you could call the first half pretty even, couple of hard tackles from either side, but Knights had the better chances. Knights scored a nice little chip but the pass to get him in was ridiculously good. Bent in by the centre back with the outside of his foot.1-0 at half. Penalty early in the second half for hand ball on us. Keeper made a good save on a decent shot. Probably gave us a little bit of a boost and kept it at 1-0. We scored not too long after on a mucker off a corner to make it 1-1. By then the hard tackles had caught up and a few yellows had been given, I think 1 to us and 2 to Knights. Nothing over the top, at least one I'd say was for foul accumulation. @R-Tee scored a peach to put us up 2-1. Top corner, far side, about 20ish out, but I doubt he could do it again, that said don't leave him wide open or he'll try it over and over now I'm sure. Knights pushed, we bunkered and tried to hit on the counter. Then it went downhill.

Not sure the guy involved from Knights but him and Dynamo player got in a bit of a pissing match. Probably 10 mins left. Little kicks here and there, some beaking, and probably a foul or two for both that went uncalled. All lead to, on a clearance from out keep, the Knights guy going pretty hard shoulder to shoulder with our guy. From my point of view it could have been a foul, if anything just to calm to two of them down but didn't get called. Anyhow ball slides away and Knight guy keeps chasing the ball. Our guy rides the challenge does a little loop back and just when Knights guy and our forward go to challenge for the ball, Dynamo guy comes back and cleans him out. Fine hit for a corner of a hockey rink, no where close to fine on the soccer field. Knights guy gets up and head locks said Dynamo guy and drops him head first on the turf ( This is the best I can put it together...bodies collecting pretty fast at this point). Everyone jumps in but no punches thrown as I think most guys were in to get everyone else out. Happened right by the Knights side line so they may have had a better angle on it.

Ref red cards head-locker and our guy, both leave, still beaking at each other. Game ends and our guy is not good. Ended up at the hospital getting checked out. Turns out minor concussion (from the head meeting turf incident, I think) but aside from some time off doc thinks he should be ok.

Bad ending to a hard fought game especially because it didn't need to happen. Personally I'd like to have seen the ref do a little more during the game but there's no way you can lay all the blame on him. Both guys in the skirmish should have backed off well before the incident happened. Our guy's tackle was horrid (shoulder to shoulder but not clean in the slightest) but the Knights reaction was over the top as well.

Not a fan of hard fought games ending like this. Competition is good and Knights and us compete hard but stuff like that just leaves me shaking my head.

Maybe I should shoot more :wa:

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 2- Black Knights 1

Good scrappy game, lots of 50/50's, a few nicks and bruises. The Knights are a tight group who play a nice style of rugby/soccer and have a few players who push the intensity level a little too high unnecessarily and thus you must always be ready to play them. It was a fun fun game to play, the competitive juices were sure a flowin'. I didn't like the incident from both sides especially when their bench and fans jumped on the field but cooler heads did prevail. We lost our best defender 10 minutes in which gave me ample time to enjoy the game and chase their speedy forwards. Their two front runners #12 and #8 (Kaz) were probably the two nicest guys that I have played against in years. Not once did they complain about a call or a foul that might of happened to them. Nice job.

So, what am I trying to say is that all the Knights aren't boneheads.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 9

Celtic vs Dynamo
Surrey Utd vs Sparta
Milan
vs FV
TWU vs Knights
Royals
vs Red Bulls
Pomo vs Mission TIE

Celtic vs Dynamo : Always good games between these two squads over the years, should be a good battle again on Saturday, with Celtic seeming to get their numbers and grove back. Weather may suck but the beers will cold.

Sparta to roll over Surrey Utd. 3-0

Milan to take out the struggling FV 2-1 heard the commitment levels at FV are causing the struggle. If these get their numbers, they can compete with anyone.

Knights coming of their first loss of the season will get back on track with a 2-0 win over TWU

Royals continue their winning ways and possible run to promotion by taking out the red bulls wings 3-0

Pomo and Mission will be a defensive affair finishing in a 1-1 draw.

Random game reports to follow.

InanimateCarbonRod

Oct 5, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 9
Celtic vs Dynamo : Always good games between these two squads over the years, should be a good battle again on Saturday, with Celtic seeming to get their numbers and grove back. Weather may suck but the beers will cold.

November games on grass fields, should be a real mucker. I love it! Celtic always manages to frustrate us playing on their loon-shite field but we've got a few grass games under our belt and hopefully can continue the run of strong performances. Cascade, if you're going to brave the weather and watch this one, feel free to swing by the Dynamo cooler afterwards and introduce yourself.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
November games on grass fields, should be a real mucker. I love it! Celtic always manages to frustrate us playing on their loon-shite field but we've got a few grass games under our belt and hopefully can continue the run of strong performances. Cascade, if you're going to brave the weather and watch this one, feel free to swing by the Dynamo cooler afterwards and introduce yourself.
I should be there.

Mr Sheppard Kisses

Nov 5, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sparta 1 - 1 PMO
Dominated the game in possession and chances. They had a few decent chances in first half, our goalie came up big. We had a goal called back and hit a crossbar. 2nd half pmo had a decent 10 min spell but other than that we had all the ball. Missed a diving header sitter, their keeper cleared a ball off the line. Both goals were scored on mistakes. Disappointed to not come out with 3 points. If only I was playing.....
Have to quit acting like my elder statesman @cascadesoccer and get back in the game

PMO 1 - Sparta 1

We came out slow in the first 20, played better after that. Sparta carried most of the possession. Both teams having good chances, Sparta again having a few more. Sparta the better team at half. Second half i thought we played much better. We misjudged a header that ended up going straight back to their striker instead of forwards and had a tap in 1-0 Sparta. Had a few great chances to tie after their goal but didnt come through. As well did sparta to try to go 2 up. Both teams missed some sitters and both keeps came up huge all game, made some unreal saves. Off a turnover we created a nice passing play game becomes 1-1. Both teams did score off mistakes. Possession in the second went to Sparta as well but closer than first half and thought the good chances to score for both teams were even and in the end the tie was fair. It ended up being a good game. Thats where we may disagree

Dynamo 3-1
Sparta 3-0
FV 1-0
Knights 2-1
Royals 3-0
PMO 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens