Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL] Div 2 2016/2017 Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you comparing this hip toss to the bertuzzi incident??

One guy says minor concussion you're saying major head injury. Hopefully the cops got the right story. This is embarrassing.

InanimateCarbonRod

Oct 5, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unfortunately I didn't make it to this game so I didn't see the incident and haven't spoke to our guy since it happened, but @cascadesoccer had it right. I've been in more than my fair share of skirmishes as a result of chippy play but it breaks down like this, if a guy goes in to a tackle with intent and injures someone, its not a soccer play, f*ck that guy, I'm going to tune him up, he deserves it. Yes this risks injuring the guy, but I probably wouldn't be thinking about that, just being honest.

Any one of us could seriously injure another player in open play if we decided to because we put ourselves in vulnerable positions in soccer with the understanding that we all have a basic level of respect for each other.

With respect to calling the RCMP, I'm assuming our guy felt he made a soccer play and got attacked and ended up with an injury. He was probably pissed that he ended up in the ER for something that should never occur on a soccer pitch. Again, I wasn't there, so can't give my opinion on how the incident played out.

One thing is for certain, the Royals a stoked they are last years news. (despite leading the league)

Supersub

Sep 23, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard about this one at practice, and figured the thread would be interesting. You didn't disappoint. Now, if we could just resort to a touch more name calling with a few more memes that would be great, I'll have the popcorn waiting.
Intermission you wankers
9d3ecaf1cfe0dee0eed7543e373e8c9e950f5fd3b610c9807e33c6704b90eb6d.jpg

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic, rain all night and tomorrow. I assume we'll play grass? If so would it be the same time?

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seems like this is just the reality of our society today. Sounds like the injured guy is protecting his legal options in case he needs to make a claim for work or thinks he can bring a lawsuit against his opponent, the team, the club, the league, the referee etc..

I know there's at least one open case in the VMSL where an injured player is suing a player, club, coaches, the league etc. for an injury sustained during a game where an alleged assault occurred. It's a little different because in this case I believe (and I am getting this through the grapevine) the offending player was playing while suspended, but regardless, the point is some people decide that legally this is what is best for their situation.

Certainly no one is being charged criminally here and even civilly the injured party would have to prove that the events that occurred were completely outside of what he had implied his consent to by stepping onto the pitch to play in the first place. It is likely that's a VERY uphill battle, but he can probably find some lawyer somewhere who would argue the case if he wants to go that route. Certainly, creating a police record of the incident keeps that option open.

That being said, I think if you want to get things formally on record to retain your legal options then you are full value to be called a cnut by those who see things differently. Sports are absolutely not a blank cheque to injure someone with no consequences, but where exactly the line between part of the game and not part of the game is definitely very grey. If you want to go the legal route, that's your right, but don't whine when you are labeled a pariah afterword by the people who draw the line in a different part of that grey area. You've made your choice, live with it.

My two cents anyway...

Now back to my enjoyable reading of this thread that actually provides game reports and banter!

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seems like this is just the reality of our society today. Sounds like the injured guy is protecting his legal options in case he needs to make a claim for work or thinks he can bring a lawsuit against his opponent, the team, the club, the league, the referee etc..

I know there's at least one open case in the VMSL where an injured player is suing a player, club, coaches, the league etc. for an injury sustained during a game where an alleged assault occurred. It's a little different because in this case I believe (and I am getting this through the grapevine) the offending player was playing while suspended, but regardless, the point is some people decide that legally this is what is best for their situation.

Certainly no one is being charged criminally here and even civilly the injured party would have to prove that the events that occurred were completely outside of what he had implied his consent to by stepping onto the pitch to play in the first place. It is likely that's a VERY uphill battle, but he can probably find some lawyer somewhere who would argue the case if he wants to go that route. Certainly, creating a police record of the incident keeps that option open.

That being said, I think if you want to get things formally on record to retain your legal options then you are full value to be called a cnut by those who see things differently. Sports are absolutely not a blank cheque to injure someone with no consequences, but where exactly the line between part of the game and not part of the game is definitely very grey. If you want to go the legal route, that's your right, but don't whine when you are labeled a pariah afterword by the people who draw the line in a different part of that grey area. You've made your choice, live with it.

My two cents anyway...

Now back to my enjoyable reading of this thread that actually provides game reports and banter!
Last meme of the day, promise
IMG_5065.JPG

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll take one of those, incase I have to go into a 50/50 with Swifty or a Robinson ever again.

Played that. It wont matter if your in a bubble, it still hurts. I got crushed from behind playing in a work function. My muscles hurt for days after. I should have pressed charges as I was unable to work on my biceps for a few days

BoldTurkey

Feb 19, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
R-Tee with another long bullshit post typed with a tampon . You and your team clearly stand by your little lady rat who went to the fukcing RCMP after the game . I still can't believe that .

Just this past summer my striker was punch in the face going up for a header ...... koed blood everywhere ambulance fire truck 15 grand in dental - not fukcing once did the coward idea of getting the police involved come into any single guys head on my team .

There was a brief bit of hope that maybe you picked up a guy and he went rogue and tried to press charges without your team knowing , but your vasectomy of a post proved otherwise R-Tee.

Now the league knows who Dynamo are .

I've been part of a match where two players literally kicked opposite ends of a ball simultaneously, didn't touch each other whatsoever, and the guy on the other team broke his leg because of the impact. That's as much of a "soccer play" as I've ever seen, and from what I heard the injured player still wanted to pursue legal action. I think @cascadesoccer may have been at that game, so he's welcome to correct me if I'm describing it wrong.

Either way, the point is that guys are wont to do what they need to protect themselves when shite like this happens outside the realm of "soccer plays". In the words of Milli Vanilli, gotta blame it on something.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I never said anything about getting a turf. I just said if the league changed the game to a turf field it would mostly likely be the same time. Can't believe they closed the fields, I was there Friday and they looked good with no standing water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0