Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL] Div 2 2016/2017 Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone else call bollocks on the 6 points?? Those are 3 unearned points given freely. What about other teams that are trying to get in a provincial spot. FVSL, why do you continue to make us shake our heads. It's quite unprofessional imo. You guys should be questioning that shite.

Some people will just complain about anything .

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
If it's worth complaining about, it's pretty bush league indeed. I wonder if you'd be making comments if you had lost the game...

Making comments ? Lol

Look it was a crazy winter and we had an unprecedented number of games cancelled . I would take a 6 point loss better than a 5-0 250$ loss any day , which I'm sure we are going to see a lot here as we try to complete the season . This decision by the league to allow a 6 point game only shows that they are trying to work with us at ground level to get the points in .

Seriously Stop complaining and whining - I don't think you are aware how well this amateur " bush " league is run .

Bergkamp2.0

Aug 7, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Making comments ? Lol

Look it was a crazy winter and we had an unprecedented number of games cancelled . I would take a 6 point loss better than a 5-0 250$ loss any day , which I'm sure we are going to see a lot here as we try to complete the season . This decision by the league to allow a 6 point game only shows that they are trying to work with us at ground level to get the points in .

Seriously Stop complaining and whining - I don't think you are aware how well this amateur " bush " league is run .
Sure sure. Its good you have your own opinions too.

Bergkamp2.0

Aug 7, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can understand that you see the league trying to meet you on ground level, but it's not right to give a team more points then they deserve. It's nobody's fault that the break was so long. If the league is going to fine a team $$ because they can't field a team on a Tuesday night, is that really reasonable? If you can't field a team on the weekend, different story.
It is what it is I guess.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
If it's worth complaining about, it's pretty bush league indeed. I wonder if you'd be making comments if you had lost the game...

And would you be whining had we tied? It's not like either team are going to win the league or even provincials at that matter, and both teams were in the same situation standing wise before the game so it made sense. Like TBL said I would take a 6 pointer over not being able to field a team.

Both teams took a gamble, and the knights won fair and square, no whining from mission at all. Who gives a shite man, it's fvsl div 2, not prem, take your whining elsewhere.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Someone should approach the league and propose playing 2 games back-to-back at the same venue 7v7 60 minutes long. No offsides, kickins instead of throwins and can use one player in each game that isn't signed with the team (but must be female).

Now that would be "ground level".

Bergkamp2.0

Aug 7, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
And would you be whining had we tied? It's not like either team are going to win the league or even provincials at that matter, and both teams were in the same situation standing wise before the game so it made sense. Like TBL said I would take a 6 pointer over not being able to field a team.

Both teams took a gamble, and the knights won fair and square, no whining from mission at all. Who gives a shite man, it's fvsl div 2, not prem, take your whining elsewhere.
I would have the same stance either way, combining 2 games into one doesn't seem legit. Leaving points on the table at the end of the season because you can't field a team in the remaining 5 weeks is more fair than just giving them to teams, it changes the standings drastically.

Isn't this the place where everyone whines, complains, praises, criticizes, critiques, analyzes, reports, questions, discusses. I see it as making a valid point in my eyes, you see it as whining. Now you guys are criticizing me so I think we are all in the right place here.

Sprusgoose

Nov 21, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Making comments ? Lol

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    35.2 KB · Views: 12

Bergkamp2.0

Aug 7, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Someone should approach the league and propose playing 2 games back-to-back at the same venue 7v7 60 minutes long. No offsides, kickins instead of throwins and can use one player in each game that isn't signed with the team (but must be female).

Now that would be "ground level".
lol That would be ground breaking

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Or we could continue to have games cancelled and play 3 a week to make up for time or just play 1 a week when weather allows it and finish the season in August. Mountains out of mole hills gents.

Last edited:

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 2 has provincials @4thplacetrophy. That means something to some people.
Black Knights may make provincials, you might not. That's the difference, that's what you chose.

I'm very aware, I've played in the B provincial final in 2010 I think it was with the golden ears/northfraser/westcoast Inter team, and I didn't care so much then about losing, and I couldn't care any less now that we won't even make the provincials.

My point is I cared losing a league game in prem, in fact it ruined my weekend if we lost on a Friday night. I came back to div 2 because I just want to play for fun, and not have the serious aspect, which is the same with most guys in this division.

Sorry, I don't see a valid point in your argument.

Bergkamp2.0

Aug 7, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
My hope is that this doesnt become an alternate option that the league and/or other teams use to get the games in. What you guys did was make that a possibility. The integrity of the division and the year end results could be compromised if it happens. I don't really give a crap if you don't see a valid argument. It seems quite valid to a lot of people that have caught wind. Either way, we'll see how the season ends and then make judgment as TBL said. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0