Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Banter and Results October 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
punching numbers in a calculator dosent show which group is the tuffest or strongest...this site argues about those power rankings all the time it dosent prove sh*t...if you think B is better than C get the top teams together and have an exabition game...thats how youll prove the hardest group...

I agree.....We smashed the leaders of 2c 5-1!! I was actually hoping they would stay in our group again this year.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree.....We smashed the leaders of 2c 5-1!! I was actually hoping they would stay in our group again this year.

Last year means nothing...
It's the stats from this year that means something...

"C" group has the best average team ranking...
"A" has the best average overall ranking....
"B" has... er... I guess it has the Rams:rolleyes:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last year means nothing...
It's the stats from this year that means something...

"C" group has the best average team ranking...
"A" has the best average overall ranking....
"B" has... er... I guess it has the Rams:rolleyes:

But the lower average could contribute to having 2 very week teams coupled with a bunch of very good teams that are clsoe in talent so they don't blow each other out each week, which would explain the lower average. I'd be very surprised if the top half of B is out after the first round of cup.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Partial blame goes on the ref, too many times I see refs not giving out cards because a)they are lazy and don't want to do paper work, B) its raining and they don't want to be there any longer for extra time or c) they are in a higher level then they are fit to ref.

If refs gave out cards early and established themselves then shitty teams wouldn't continue gooning and they won't be able to field a team because to many of them are suspended!

I don't understand how they even come up with these suspensions, is there a guideline? or is it just what ever the board feels like that day?

Blame the referees for fights? Not for those reasons.

IF the referee set the example early you'd be bitching that the card was for nothing. A) Too lazy to do the paperwork? It takes about 35 seconds, there might be one guy out of 20 that is too lazy to write up a card and those guys usually Issue the card and don't bother submiitting it to the league. (Yellows usually). B) Its Raining, umm yeah, but a card takes about 20 seconds to issue and I doubt that is a valid reason for them not showing cards. C) They are officiating above their level, well there is a pretty massive shortage of referee's period, I have a hard time believing there are many referees not capbable of officiating D2 Soccer, and thats not a knock on D2. If it makes you feel any better I see the same officials in D1 as I do in D2 and D3.

Do some officials not give out cards for other reasons? Sure. But I disagree with yours.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
But the lower average could contribute to having 2 very week teams coupled with a bunch of very good teams that are clsoe in talent so they don't blow each other out each week, which would explain the lower average.

Excuses .. excuses... The stat's don't lie! "C" is the best group period. Always has been!

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blame the referees for fights? Not for those reasons.

All refs are the shits.... We should just play without them, and go on the honour system .. when the ball goes out, we all know who it went off of, and if someone gets up and takes a swing at someone, we all can agree he should have to sit in the corner...

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
But the lower average could contribute to having 2 very week teams coupled with a bunch of very good teams that are clsoe in talent so they don't blow each other out each week, which would explain the lower average. I'd be very surprised if the top half of B is out after the first round of cup.

To make a more accurate assessment, you could remove the highest and lowest rank from each division and then take the averages. removes some of the outlier data - inherent in any mathematical analysis of real-life situations... and how stals team can keep winning (at least with him playing)... :rolleyes:

i'd do the calcs and post them here but.... i'm too lazy... :p

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i'd do the calcs and post them here but.... i'm too lazy... :p

I haz the tecnucle bakgrownd... Ile dew itt.....

First off.... take the running average, double it and add 30.... itz the Canuck way!!

Enough having fun with this ranking system... In all seriousness, the idiots here taking me seriously with this should give thier head a shake. These rankings may have some validation if the league was profesional, or at least of a much more serious structure... even premier.
I know for our team, our line-up is vastly different from week to week. We have 1 team left to play before the entire rotation is complete, and I can honestly say that group C's 1st place team would have been in 8th place last season. The C group is that much deteriorated. I can't speak for the other groups. I do think however that DFC Coachmen would still kick the crap out of any team in B group.
Our team tied the top team, and lost to the bottom. I rotate players fairly evenly throughout each and every game. Our last years team would smoke "our" this years team. To say how we'd do against any team from another group is all crap. You can't compare the groups at all, because there's far too much player shuffling from year to year. To say one team killed another last year, and that team went to a different group this year.... then base that on how they'd do by where they are in the new group is all rediculous.
I do know the Puma's are far better this year than last, and would have my vote as the most improved. To say how they'd do in another group is daft. Our team has gone the opposite direction... we stink this year, but who cares. Anyteam to play us in the first round would be like getting a bye... there should be no celebration in beating us.

I don't know how much improved the Rams are from last, but I did watch a few games, and they would have been in the lower end of C last year, and likely near the top if they were in C this year based on last season.

All this means very little, because I have yet to see a quality team in this division. There are some good players, but the teams aren't very good.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Completely agree Guru. Coachmen and Arsenal from last year would dominate any of this years divisions (I haven't seen Whalley yet, we play them Sunday), and I don't see anyone moving up to Div.1 and being able to compete with the top half of Div.1

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
i agree - at least with respect to our team (PA). we're top of div 2a (tight though) but if we move up, we'd probably get bumped right back down at the end of the next season. :eek: of course, a number of our players came down from div 1 cuz they didn't want to give the committment needed for that level of play. and a bunch of our other guys don't want to play at that level either - we all know that we'll never be playing for Team Canada (unlike a certain team in div1 :rolleyes:) so we're really out for some competiveness, fun and fitness - or what passes for fitness.;)

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Completely agree Guru. Coachmen and Arsenal from last year would dominate any of this years divisions

Arsenal have been dismal this year up in Div 1.... They're in 18th place, no wins 2 ties... They lost some players to other Div 1 and Premier teams.
ACBC picked up several new players, and have been pretty solid up near the top of Div 1. (3rd place, 1 win out of 1st)
The Coachmen picked up the cream of our last years team... 8 players, 3 of those scored a combined 43 goals last year for us. (5th place in Div 1)
Ths PM Lions lost a lot of players as well, and are in 5th in group B.
We lost all but 6 players, and are in 5th in C... to lose that many players and still be where we and the Lions are is not bad. Arsenal should have declined going up once they lost their players.

If they're that close to the Rams, I don't see any team in Div 2 being competitive in Div 1.... You have to upgrade with half a new team to compete there. As with the Coachmen and ACBC, other wise there's no point moving up.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Arsenal have been dismal this year up in Div 1.... They're in 18th place, no wins 2 ties... They lost some players to other Div 1 and Premier teams.
ACBC picked up several new players, and have been pretty solid up near the top of Div 1. (3rd place, 1 win out of 1st)
The Coachmen picked up the cream of our last years team... 8 players, 3 of those scored a combined 43 goals last year for us. (5th place in Div 1)
Ths PM Lions lost a lot of players as well, and are in 5th in group B.
We lost all but 6 players, and are in 5th in C... to lose that many players and still be where we and the Lions are is not bad. Arsenal should have declined going up once they lost their players.

If they're that close to the Rams, I don't see any team in Div 2 being competitive in Div 1.... You have to upgrade with half a new team to compete there. As with the Coachmen and ACBC, other wise there's no point moving up.

That's what happened with a lot of teams, Abbostford must have been gutted this year as we were even last year, we still have basically the same team, and we're in 2nd and they're at the bottom. IF we won promotion, I don't see us competing with the Rangers, ACBC, Coachmen top half of the league just because we won't be going out and getting new players. Our team have all known each other and played together since we were wee un's, and that's kinda the reason we started it. It just also happens we have mad skill :D We still would like to be promoted though, though it's going to be tough to earn in our group. Can't wait for cup as it will be nice to see some of the other teams.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get yer facts straight old man. Aresnal maybe lost one or two players. We have a guy on our team who's brother plays for the Aresnal. I also had a chat with there coach and he told me it was the same team he had in Div2. and nice excuse about losing players and saying the same about Moody. we the Rams have five players from last years team playing for us this year. the players we lost went like this.one is playing premier this season, five are playing for the Cobras. and the rest are playing for the Phoenix, oh three aren't even playing this year one's in rehab for his drug habbit. Furious George has retired and the other player not playing is mountain biking this year. and I've already had a few phone conversations with guys playing Premier/Div1 about joining the Rams next year if we get to Div1. I agree with you on this Guru, week in week out most teams aren't the same, thats why you'll see a team win when they have no business winning against a better team.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Stallion you guys aren't big enough for Div1. you have skill and pace just not big enough for the more physical play. other then your stopper whos a monster, your team as a group are to small for Div1. and if you're not going to add anyone why go up and take a lumping each week???

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get yer facts straight old man.

Exactly where did I err? ? Port moody lost MANY, arsenal lost "some" as I said. I don't care who you talked to, they lost more than 2...
Next it only proves my point that you are higher in the standings now than you were last year... due mainly to you gaining so many new players.... you sucked last year and were near the top of your group, so that must mean something when comparing the teams in your group this year to last.
As for us, I don't know what the hell you're on about.... We had 6 returning players. All the premier players that joined us 3 years ago went up to play for the Coachmen. How does a team in Div 2 lose that much talent (8 premier players), go about replacing them (with lower calibre players) and remain on top of the div? How do you not end up not being worse off?
'splain it to me Lucy?
The Coachmen are only where they are in Div 1 because of the players they got from us. ACBC are only near the top because they picked up half a new team... even more than half.

Finally, are you suggesting we suck the same this year as we did last year? No difference between the two? That I'm making excuses? Yer daffier than a duck...
What is obvious here is that you can't base any successes this year by comparing this years team to last years... How can you even argue that when your own team is that much different?

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Completely agree Guru. Coachmen and Arsenal from last year would dominate any of this years divisions (I haven't seen Whalley yet, we play them Sunday), and I don't see anyone moving up to Div.1 and being able to compete with the top half of Div.1

You must not have seen the Arsenal either then, they will be back soon. Our div 1 team is mostly div 2 and 3 guys from last year and they have beat both the Arsenal and most recently ACBC (supposed to be the best team in the province), so any team can be successful if they work at it...(ie.Whalley, Rams, Pumas,PCNC, Clones)

Watched the Coachmen on the weekend they are a good team mostly build on being physical because fitness has past them:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0