Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Div 2] MOTW Feb 3-5

MOTW ~ Feb 3-5?

• Alder. United host Tsawwassen

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Poco City host Columbia

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • N. Coquitlam host DFC

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps not the ideal week for this venerable favorite to make its reappearance, what with Cup play starting and all, but there are a few makeup games scheduled that have serious standings implications and are therefore noteworthy.

Aldergrove United host Tsawwassen Royals (2A): While this match will not affect the promotion situation, it does come between two teams that are 3rd and 4th in the table, and had a close match the first time out. Essentially, they are playing for third in the table, with Tsawwassen holding a game at hand and a 5 point deficit to Alder. This game is on the always-outstanding (insert rolling of the eyes here) Parkside West pitch, so that alone makes this interesting. MOTW?

Poco City United host Columbia Bearcats (2B): Now here is an interesting situation. With all the matches that are to be made up in 2B, the Bearcats sitting third in the table could conceivably catch Alder at the top of the table. So too, could Poco, though they have one less game at hand on Alder than Columbia. Quite the scenario shaping up in this table, and with so much at stake I expect this match to be strongly contested by both squads. MOTW?

N. Coquitlam Hades host DFC Celtic (2C): The only match scheduled in this table this week, and for the Celtic it is a chance to move one step closer to promotion eligibility. A win here would leave only one more win from two final matches to ensure the top spot in the table over DMU. Plenty at stake here against an always-game Hades squad. MOTW?

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't think DFC will falter now, DFC 3 Ugliest unis of all time 2

Hopefully Poco United can string together some wins so we can have one successfull team this year. :)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Red carpet week must be over if Shaven feels like being in the mood to posts a MOTW...

Only one that matters here is Celtic. Would be nice to see Hades make it tough for Tayside. As far as ugly unis go, nothing can be worse than the '94-'95 co-ed Rubber Bullet kits we had to wear on Fat Monkey's team. Made the Cape Horn Maroon look comfy.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
Don't think DFC will falter now, DFC 3 Ugliest unis of all time 2

Hopefully Poco United can string together some wins so we can have one successfull team this year. :)
How does Poco United feel about their second "goal" on Sunday?

Poco and Columbia is easily the MOTW. Easily the toughest grouping of the three and a very close race.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm from the "other (shittier)" poco team But from what they were saying they seemed quite happy with it.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Only one that matters here is Celtic. Would be nice to see Hades make it tough for Tayside. As far as ugly unis go, nothing can be worse than the '94-'95 co-ed Rubber Bullet kits we had to wear on Fat Monkey's team. Made the Cape Horn Maroon look comfy.

? ? ? Tayside..... no fcukin way.... this Celtic team is not Tayside castoffs!!! There are but a few, but scarcely enough to call us tayside.... They suckdiddlyucked!!! And Fat Monkey didn't sign with us... Too bad though, he wanted to, and we would have loved to have him... but we had a very full roster when he called, and a long waiting list ahead of him... and we already have a Silverback on the team... if he's going to play for us... he's going to have to get that fur taken off!!

And by the way.... this game probably won't happen this week anyway... We're trying to get the game switched to next weekend. It's in the works right now...

Superstriker

Aug 16, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
How does Poco United feel about their second "goal" on Sunday?

We feel quite good about it, you were not correct in your evaluation of it as it went off the crossbar not the uprights. I was on the six so I know for a fact that this is true..no I didn't put it in either, but would have if he missed.

We should have buried a few more as well but our finish has vanished in the last 2 months....but I bet i lead the league in crossbars and posts hit... 4 in 2 games lately..not really lovin the iron.

I also disagree with you havin much of the play as you may have owned 10-20 min of the whole game...tough call in the box cant say for sure that it was a peno but it was close..but we've had that happen to us many times this year so it was nice to not have one go against for once.

Also must say that it was the worse weather i've played in for quite a few years..:(

Anyways, good luck the rest of the way...were gonna need help to finish at the top as we've been absolutely shite the last few games.. oh well.....:rolleyes:

BTW: thanks for the gimme at the start I really needed that one..:D

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If it makes you feel better then you can think all that stuff you typed. Bottom line is the ref apologized to me twice about the second goal, saying that he blew the call.

Bygones.

Did I mention that the Poco - Columbia game is EASILY the MOTW?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bullshit. You told me in a personal e-mail that you hate Supestriker, and wish he fail in every endeavor.

~0%

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well.... I voted for the Hades - Celtic match.... but just to even up the votes at 4 for each..... knowing fullwell that this match has been postponed till next friday ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0