Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] MOTW Jan 20 - 22

Div 2 MOTW Jan 20 - 22

• Port Moody host LUFC

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Poco City host Mission

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • DFC host DMU

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • None worthy of MOTW consideration

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here are you candidates for this weekend's MOTW:

Port Moody Gunners host LUFC Athletic ( 2A ):
This is a no-brainer for MOTW from this table. First place visits second place in what could very well decide the promotion spot should LUFC win. A tie or a Moody win will take this battle to another week. The first meeting earlier this season resulted in a tie, and based upon their GF/GA numbers this match should provide a one-goal difference between the two. That said, it could just as easily be 6-5 as 2-1. MOTW?

Poco City United host Mission SC ( 2B ): Of all the matches in this table, none are of the overly-meaningful-to-the-standings variety, except this one for one reason only: Poco holds two games at hand on Aldergrove at the top of the table, and wins in both of those put them four points back with a match against Alder in the offing. Realistically, this table is not yet decided and Poco needs to take care of Mission and bag the three points. In their first meeting, however, Poco eeked out a 1-0 victory against a game Mission squad. This match is by no means a sure thing for Poco. MOTW?

DFC Celtic host Delta Metro United ( 2C ): No doubt this is the only choice from this table, as the top two teams go head to head in Pitt. Two high scoring, solid defensive squads clash after a 1-1 draw earlier this season. This match, should one team beat the other, will likely decide the promotion spot, with neither team likely to falter down the stretch beyond this match. MOTW?

Post your thoughts, and vote.

~Shaven

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure what to think of this week, as recent results, I believe, are misleading.

As much as Hector likes to throw roses and teddy bears our way, I believe we thumped them more because they were bad, than we were good. No offense meant, KH. As you stated yourself, you had a lot of guys on individual missions, and we were able to take advantage early. Had your group played as well as our first match, result could have been a different story.

We had guys out that haven't trained in well over two months the other night, and it showed...too many subs, too many errors, and too many near dumb-ass yellows. Lucky we had a star struck ref.

Gunners...from what I saw when we played them, they are quality. They haven't lost since the last time we lost...our last game of last year. That means this team is used to winning, and has developed good habits. Sometimes I wonder if our guys have lost good habits, because over the last two weekends, the group has been sub par.

No prediction (as is my MO on games I play in), but this will be a challenge, and hard fought. These kids are good, we just hope they stumble enough Friday to open the door a crack.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic will win this game at home vs Delta, however in the immortal words of Les Nesmond 'the last game was closer than the score indicated'.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
Here are you candidates for this weekend's MOTW:

DFC Celtic host Delta Metro United ( 2C ):

~Shaven

Should be an important match, for obvious reasons. There are still WAY to many games left for either of these teams to clinch #1 spot. Still 4-5 games on the table for many teams, and things can go south once playoffs come and factoring in the accumilation of cards late in the season. But who knows.

The LUFC / PM match also has some meaning... Langley can really move ahead.

My Votes with DFC/DMU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0