Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] October 2009 Banter and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananaman

Sep 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter go up 3-0 after 10 mins then the lions score a cracker, we score two more. After that things go down hill for inter letting in another 3 goals before the final whistle. Lions tried saying we were lucky but at 5-1 we gave up. Congrats on the comeback but you guys are terrible and classless. 3 points again and in the positive inter looked good for the first 30 mins.

doesn't sound too positive when you let in 4 goals against the lions. I stand by my comment after we played that your defense is suspect. regardless of if you were up 5-1 or not, come on inter... really, i see no blow outs yet?

on another note. what is going on with 2a... practically EVERY result so far this season for every team is a tight one goal game, even if you score 5 :)

i await the inter backlash :wa: haha

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
doesn't sound too positive when you let in 4 goals against the lions. I stand by my comment after we played that your defense is suspect. regardless of if you were up 5-1 or not, come on inter... really, i see no blow outs yet?

on another note. what is going on with 2a... practically EVERY result so far this season for every team is a tight one goal game, even if you score 5 :)

i await the inter backlash :wa: haha

We tried to get everyone equal playing time....we learned a lesson so be it.

at 5-1 we coasted and when we put back in the starters we controled the game again....say what you will bananaman but you didn't beat us:p

celticpride

Sep 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow Thank god we got lucky! Smashed them first 30 mins made some changes went down hill some nice goals by the lions. Other then that not much to say a win is a win talk shite until you play us?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Franchise we do the same once we get a lead...its good for the guys. Everyteam has a good starting 11...Its whats on the bench that makes a good team.

bananaman

Sep 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
...say what you will bananaman but you didn't beat us:p[/QUOTE said:
as long as you are thrilled to beat a 10 man SQUAD, not team, then all power to you. and 2-1 at that. but i guess facts now prove we have a better defense than you :eek:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
as long as you are thrilled to beat a 10 man SQUAD, not team, then all power to you. and 2-1 at that. but i guess facts now prove we have a better defense than you :eek:

Check the games scores of you guys then look at us and let me know the results:D

SuperMid

Jul 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
A win's a win. 21 minutes in we were up 5-1. Than you would think that would be a good time to get some subs in who havent played too much this year. Well i learned my lesson and it wont happen again. Obviously this wouldnt happen against a strong team, so im glad we got it out of the way now. But props to lions for finishing on what few chances they had. Wake up call for the subs on Inter who think that they deserved time up till this point. As for our defense, we're fine. It was a team breakdown that resulted in their goals.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The funniest thing happened at our game on friday. We had this little older Asin official who could hardly speek English..He was dreadful both ways but whatever. At half time he came over to our bench and started in on one of my guys and saying to him that if he doesnt put his shin pads in he is going to red card him. My player says Yes I will they are new and they are itching his shins and he wants to let his legs breath for a sec. The ref says I know you were not wearing them in the first half and If you dont put them on right now I will card you. I then said..sir its half time and he doesnt have to put them on if hes not on the field and if you saw him not wearing them in the first half why didnt you card him then? Anyways we cooled him and my player down and went on with the game...but wow what a weirdo. We are sure short officials If a guy like that gets games.

onlygoals

Nov 25, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The funniest thing happened at our game on friday. We had this little older Asin official who could hardly speek English..He was dreadful both ways but whatever. At half time he came over to our bench and started in on one of my guys and saying to him that if he doesnt put his shin pads in he is going to red card him. My player says Yes I will they are new and they are itching his shins and he wants to let his legs breath for a sec. The ref says I know you were not wearing them in the first half and If you dont put them on right now I will card you. I then said..sir its half time and he doesnt have to put them on if hes not on the field and if you saw him not wearing them in the first half why didnt you card him then? Anyways we cooled him and my player down and went on with the game...but wow what a weirdo. We are sure short officials If a guy like that gets games.
Rich i got a better one,on saturday nights game vs the dirty bullits our striker was one on one with the goalie and he put the ball past the keeper and when he went to go around him the keeper fooball tackled him and i swear he jumped and and wrapped his arms around our strike and tackled him to the ground .it was a highlight real and the ref called a foul and said its not a red because its late in the game.After the game i asked him why it wasnt a red ?he says it was a red but i didnt give it ,so i got upset at him then he says back to me it wasnt a red becuse he wasnt the last man when he clearly was....he was shocking i will report him for sure and so should you that is the only way we will get some changes.

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
WRU 3 - Players 2

Players went up 2-0 in the first half, both from free kicks on the edge of the 18. Although both 'fouls' were dubious, I won the ball for the first one, but the ref saw something different from 30yds away with an unclear view of the ball. Anyway, got a yellow when I was last man, so should have been a red if it was really a foul. 2nd one was just a shoulder to shoulder, when 2 guys went in for a 50-50, cheap freekick to say the least. Both freekicks were nicely taken, over the wall, leaving the keeper with no chance.

We turned it around in the 2nd half, and scored the winner right at the death. I made amends for my foul, lobbing the keeper with a speculative cross come shot from 40yrds out for the winner in injury time.

We'll take the 3pts and get back to eating our turkey.

Ref was awful, small man syndrome, and inconsistent throughout. About 5 yellows handed out, and don't remember a bad foul in the entire game. Freekicks were being given for looking at the opposition in the wrong way, let alone being allowed to actually tackle them...heaven forebid. Kept shouting 'watch the feet' whenever you were 5 ft away from the player with the ball.

His best line when asked about an offside decision (who was offside ref?) was telling the Players' striker that he should shut it otherwise he'd be in the parking lot before he knew what had happened....excellent man management skills...killed the enjoyment factor in the game for everyone.

If you get him don't even think about playing the slightest bit physical or having any banter with him. He's a short guy, with a knee brace on a power trip.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys make sure your coach/manager fills out the game/ref reports. I do every game good or bad...If we want change then we must do as they ask first and if it doesnt get better then we at least did what we were supposed to do. And then we can go from there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0