Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Preseason Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since no one's started a thread yet, I will. Just heard that rosters for returning teams need to be in by July 12th, leaving not much time for teams wanting to pick up players. We need a couple so we'll be having tryouts the week of the 25-30, if anyone's interested. Coaches are out of town until Sunday so exact date and time to follow.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stallion, returning teams have until July 12th to confirm that they will be back next year, that's all. Rosters do not have to be in then.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stallion, returning teams have until July 12th to confirm that they will be back next year, that's all. Rosters do not have to be in then.

That makes sense, will let my coach know, thanks. And to Yoda, we have tryouts because we need players, but we don't want them on our team unless they can drink (and play I guess), thus the need for tryouts.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
And the season approaches...

...lads, the Shaven one is seeking to earn a spot for this coming winter, and am putting it out there for some leads; Who knows of teams in either Surrey, N. Delta or Coquitlam that have need of an experienced backliner for the coming season and beyond?

~Shaven.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Shaven, we're starting training in about the 3rd week of July where we'll be looking at some new players for some spots to fill. Our D is tough to crack, only allowed 7 goals all season (in D3 though). If you want I can let you know about times when they're in stone. Being able to drink is a must.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shaven

Another season, another team? Getting to be a bit of journeyman...

Well my friend, when you get enough season's under your belt, you too will be a journeyman ;) ...

...I actually wasn't certain I was going to play this coming season, but have decided to just recently.

How's the WRU squad looking for this season? Have most of the boys returning from last season?

~Shaven

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Believe so, but not entirely sure, they have about 20 playing summer just now, with about 4 or 5 of us from Winter not playing.

The core will probably be there, and the younger ones from last year will be stronger. Could be a decent team...

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The core will probably be there, and the younger ones from last year will be stronger. Could be a decent team...

Good to see, from what I recall you had a pretty decent squad last season. The young guys always benefit from another year in their boots.

20-25 strong is a big squad...are you going to be able to manage carrying even close to that amount for the season? Might be a bit difficult to spread the minutes around, in my experience.

~Shaven.

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't know what the intention is for Winter. I think some of the players for summer are being 'trialled' for a winter spot. Haven't spoken to the guys since winter lge ended.

But last year we had 22 on the roster and struggled at times to make 11.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aaahh yes,,My favorite TTP Thread,D2 FVSL is back up and running.. How I miss your banter fellas.
I have just purchased a new set if mittens for the up coming Winter season.
I am not sure though If my team(s) will even be in this Division this year.
Our new team (yes the same lovely Kits and mittens) will be in Div 3 as should be,,but our first team is looking like we will be getting a lift up to Div 1. Its not a done deal but we are in talks now with the league. I know that some of you will not like that but we do have alot of new Faces and we are not suited for Div 2,,we could stay down but really what is the point of hammering teams. We only want to play games where it is fun for both squads. As I said before its not a done deal,,but we are working on it with the league. The League has come out to see our team play a few times and do agree that we are a Preimer squad now. They also agree that the only way for us to move up is if someone drops out or if some other oppertunity presents itself where as not to interfear with the way the league is run. (the number of teams in each division must not be altered). We have our fingers crossed. If we must stay down we will,,,. But that will suck for all of us.
Enjoy the summer and I hope some of you enter our tournament for a kickaround before the Winter season starts.
(Arsenal,we are coming for you)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aaahh yes,,My favorite TTP Thread,D2 FVSL is back up and running.. How I miss your banter fellas.
Our new team (yes the same lovely Kits and mittens) will be in Div 3 as should be,,but our first team is looking like we will be getting a lift up to Div 1. Its not a done deal but we are in talks now with the league. I know that some of you will not like that but we do have alot of new Faces and we are not suited for Div 2,,we could stay down but really what is the point of hammering teams. We only want to play games where it is fun for both squads. As I said before its not a done deal,,but we are working on it with the league. The League has come out to see our team play a few times and do agree that we are a Preimer squad now. They also agree that the only way for us to move up is if someone drops out or if some other oppertunity presents itself where as not to interfear with the way the league is run. (the number of teams in each division must not be altered). We have our fingers crossed. If we must stay down we will,,,. But that will suck for all of us.
Enjoy the summer and I hope some of you enter our tournament for a kickaround before the Winter season starts.

I'll be glad if you guys move up, or aren't in our group. Saw you guys play in Salt Spring and if you're in D2 then we are in trouble. Premier quality for sure, but I can see why you'd have to play D1 first. Good luck to you in getting a spot, as I know we won't be looking forward to having to play you :)

D13

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
And the season approaches...

...lads, the Shaven one is seeking to earn a spot for this coming winter, and am putting it out there for some leads; Who knows of teams in either Surrey, N. Delta or Coquitlam that have need of an experienced backliner for the coming season and beyond?

~Shaven.
Titans Now of div 3 may be looking:wa:

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Moving up?? thats a shame, I was looking forward on beating you guys, again...

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Osame,,How about a friendly then,,or better yet why not enter our tournament..I could put you in our division so we could play against you.
We are looking for good teams to play against and there is not much out there this time of year.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
[We are looking for good teams to play against and there is not much out there this time of year.[/QUOTE]

North delta hammers 2-ACBC 1....:D :D :D

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is this the same ACBC that feel they belong in premier? What division do the delta hammers play in?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya cause I dont remember that but hey if so good on ya as we love the good close games either way..Any other takers...please register for our tournament we still have a few open spots left..or just let me know and well shall have a friendly,,we are looking hard for good teams to play against,,oh and remember we have 2 teams dont get the 2 mixed up..our 2nd team is made up of most of the guys you may remember...only 6 are with the 1st team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0