Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Preseason & September 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

stryk4

Sep 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just want to clear up what happened with the forfeit between ACBC and North Coquitlam, because only one side of the story has been presented here. The time for this match was changed about a week before and updated on the website when it was changed. There was also one of the ACBC players there at about 1120 - 1130, so obviously someone on the ACBC club got the update about the change in game time. As for the empty pitch at 2pm, I am as confused as anyone about why the time would be moved back if the pitch was vacant at the original time, but it is beside the point that the time was changed - there could be a variety of reasons to change it. The ref was there at 1145 to start the game, obviously well aware of the time change. As for the comment about disrespecting ACBC by not calling, I believe the league does not want one coach to call another about a time change for the possibility of fake time changes, where one coach will purposely give the wrong time to another, I am sure this kind of poor sportsmanship has happened in the past. In the end it is the league's responsibility to notify time/pitch changes, and they do this through the website...I agree that the league should phone, if a game is to be changed there should be more than just an internet update, a phone call should be made to both coaches of the respective teams, (by the league) but unfortunately this is not the case, and for now we all have to just keep checking the website for any changes.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm...in your first post you asked why anyone would rate that team (had nothing up front??) and now you are saying that they will be your top competition??? Gee, what does that say about your side?? And now they are a "good team and fun to play???" Man, your all over the place.
I mean they are better than all the other teams left in div.2 from what i have seen in our league...just because they may not be great, there still better than the rest...

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just want to clear up what happened with the forfeit between ACBC and North Coquitlam, because only one side of the story has been presented here. The time for this match was changed about a week before and updated on the website when it was changed. There was also one of the ACBC players there at about 1120 - 1130, so obviously someone on the ACBC club got the update about the change in game time. As for the empty pitch at 2pm, I am as confused as anyone about why the time would be moved back if the pitch was vacant at the original time, but it is beside the point that the time was changed - there could be a variety of reasons to change it. The ref was there at 1145 to start the game, obviously well aware of the time change. As for the comment about disrespecting ACBC by not calling, I believe the league does not want one coach to call another about a time change for the possibility of fake time changes, where one coach will purposely give the wrong time to another, I am sure this kind of poor sportsmanship has happened in the past. In the end it is the league's responsibility to notify time/pitch changes, and they do this through the website...I agree that the league should phone, if a game is to be changed there should be more than just an internet update, a phone call should be made to both coaches of the respective teams, (by the league) but unfortunately this is not the case, and for now we all have to just keep checking the website for any changes.

Ok lets just use your side of the story,,field empty at 2pm yet lets move to 12noon,,why?
Lets not call the other team as it says in the yellow pages to do...
NOTE: THE HOME TEAM MUST NOTIFY THE LEAGUE, AND THE OPPOSING TEAM OF ANY CHANGES TO LOCATION, TIME AND CANCELLATIONS DUE TO UNPLAYABLE CONDITIONS OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON, THE LEAGUE WILL PHONE THE REFEREE.
SO where was my call from your team!!!

I will be takeing this up with the league on wednesday and im sure this situation will be worked out..

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok lets just use your side of the story,,field empty at 2pm yet lets move to 12noon,,why?
NOTE: THE HOME TEAM MUST NOTIFY THE LEAGUE, AND THE OPPOSING TEAM OF ANY CHANGES TO LOCATION, TIME AND CANCELLATIONS DUE TO UNPLAYABLE CONDITIONS OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON, THE LEAGUE WILL PHONE THE REFEREE.

I will be takeing this up with the league on wednesday and im sure this situation will be worked out..

You the man g! You have a strong case but I caution you as I have dealt with this excutive don't be argumentative or confrontational just present them with the facts and you should fair well as I think Thomas can be a fair guy. (bring your cheque book as if it goes the other way you will get a fine and have to pay the ref fees)

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
if that's what it says in the rule book how can they deny ghouse of a rematch? the league will probably even have to pay the referee for the rematch as it was not acbc's fault in any way. i wonder how the fvsl will deal with this...

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's just a given isn't it? If their's a time change you phone the other team! It's been like that for years!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is a joke...And a bum excuse from stryk4

What is this nonsense about teams not phoneing other teams!!!!???

I phoned your coach last year to cancel our cup game against you guys (First game, where we would have still humped you anyways) so you didn't have to make the trip to Langley in the snow to not play.

This shite about not calling is utter nonsense.

If teams resorted to those tactics they wouldn't be around long.

1-0 Acbc should be the just result.

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
i personally would love for it to come out that PCNC did it on purpose to screw up ACBC and get the forfeit win. that would be one of the best stories of cheating ever! haha.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is a joke...And a bum excuse from stryk4

What is this nonsense about teams not phoneing other teams!!!!???

I phoned your coach last year to cancel our cup game against you guys (First game, where we would have still humped you anyways) so you didn't have to make the trip to Langley in the snow to not play.

This shite about not calling is utter nonsense.

If teams resorted to those tactics they wouldn't be around long.

1-0 Acbc should be the just result.

good call on that one....I remember you guys trying to plow the field all day to get that game going and didn't even get close to getting the snow off....only the 18 yard box was cleared after hours, and then U CALLED PCNC to let them know the game was cancelled.....interesting concept isnt it?

Ghouse will win, it clearly states in the rules what is to happen, as that's what I initially thought. Get your rematch buddy and hump those guys like we did in the cup:cool:

Richy9

Nov 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm, Still tied for first after a horrible 1-1 tie, Weird.
Lack of Communication lead to a bad goal.. and a lack of shooting on our part/hitting the target. Should have taken that game but i guess its better to get your bad games out of your system at the start of the season rather then at the end.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richy, look at it like this: you dropped points to a team that finished 3rd in div 3, they shouldnt even be in your group. ;)

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for the comment about disrespecting ACBC by not calling, I believe the league does not want one coach to call another about a time change for the possibility of fake time changes, where one coach will purposely give the wrong time to another, I am sure this kind of poor sportsmanship has happened in the past. In the end it is the league's responsibility to notify time/pitch changes,

Your so wrong...but whatever.

In previous cases, game changes that occur with more than 7 days notice, you were not requried to contact the other team, however only a dolt does not. If the change is within 7 days then it must be approved by the league PLUS you must contact the other team. Changes within 48 hours or so must be approved by the other team as well and the league. Some of this might not be posted, but its part of the standard used for years now

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your so wrong...but whatever.

In previous cases, game changes that occur with more than 7 days notice, you were not requried to contact the other team, however only a dolt does not. If the change is within 7 days then it must be approved by the league PLUS you must contact the other team. Changes within 48 hours or so must be approved by the other team as well and the league. Some of this might not be posted, but its part of the standard used for years now

i wish the 48 hrs bit was true but two years ago on the friday night 75% of games showed as postponed due to snow including our game which was on saturday so i phoned my guys and said we have no game this weekend on sat at 1.30 i was called by the other coach to tell me he had found a pitch for 2pm on sunday thats 24 1/2 hrs notice i could not raise a team and i was told we had to forfiet and we got fined $150 even on sunday night our game still showed as postponed but no one would budge
as far as i know and im not 100% sure but prety close if a game change occures with less than 48 hrs notice then you must phone the other team if however its posted on the web site with more than 48 hrs notice then you dont have to
either the exec will stand their ground and not budge or some sort of president is about to be set that we can all point to in the future good luck Rich i think you might need some with this one

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anybody know where Mouat Turf in Abbotsford is? It is not on the FVSL site for fields, or is it under another name?

snaps

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Take Clearbrook Road exit. Head north. Take a right on Maclure, you will pass the field on your right, take a right on trethewey, and first right on Mouat Dr.

Cheers

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anybody know where Mouat Turf in Abbotsford is? It is not on the FVSL site for fields, or is it under another name?

just find directions to exhibition park, mouat school is across the road from there and its on their fields can't miss the giant mouat logo in the middle of the turf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0