Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div. 2] Results and Banter ~ Jan '06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too make bored happy, and to help Shaven out...here you are!

New year...new month...new thread! Let the trash talking and the Walls bashing begin!

Link the the Dec '05 thread here

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Div. 2] Scores and Trash Talking ~ Jan '06

So we lose Mr. Dressup and get the perv lurking in the bushes? What gives? Shaven, are you still trying to unload your X-Box and games to that mom? Can't take a hint, eh?

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey...I think that was a shot...and I represent that!:cool:

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

happy new years...

So no Shaven No MOTW or what... look forward to fridays match up with the gunners could be another shoot out... is your goalie still out with the red?

Cantuzzi #10

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seeing as he hasn't played a game since
receiving the red, he will be unable to play.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tigers 1 - 3 Bearcats

We weren't very good. Neither were they. Just better than us.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm still here. Just so you're all aware, there were some technical TTP issues that did not allow me, or any of the mods, to start new threads earlier this week, try as we did. That is why there wasn't a MOTW thread, or a new Jan. thread started until recently. I just wasn't able to, but hopefully the technical issues have been resolved. MOTW coming Monday for next weekend, good luck this weekend all.

~Shaven

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic won a very tight one 3-1 over GEU, I forget which one.
OK it wasn't tight but Celtic missed a few chances (to be polite). Crap weather but the field was in terrific shape, our home pitch must be the nicest grass field in the valley - Not a puddle to be found.

We played the game without a ref too, every 5-10 minutes the whistle would go and both teams would wait for the coin toss to see who the foul was against.

Good Start to the New Year for the Celtics.

dutch08

Sep 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
4-1 Gunners over Aldergrove... As much as Aldergrove can question the gunners goals, a team that cannot muster a shot on goal cannot expect to win a game. Their single goal came on a pk, which was a questionable call in itself. Good hard fought game non the less. Both teams looked as though they enjoyed the winter break a bit too much.

Backline16

Mar 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nationals and Athletic play to a nil- nil draw. We had most of the ball, they had the best chance ( a post in the last ten ). Reds in the last game hurt us with two of our better players out. A positive return to the Nat's for #19 from NDFC. Disappointing result but considering our last game, a step in the right direction.

Cheers to Kevin for one of the best quotes I have ever heard from a Ref, and a well managed game.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coachmen 2, Aldergrove 2.

Aldergrove should thank their lucky stars they came away with a tie. Their first goal was on a defensive error. Their second goal was an OG. Their goalie made 4 or 5 great saves. We were missing 3 or 4 starters but still handed it to them. Tough to believe they are top of our division at the moment.

I am sure Poco will welcome the result.

JTL

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rams 3 White Rock United 0, they didn't ahve any subs and there keeper made some out standing saves to keep the score to only three for us. good work next week will be a tough one see you then Dude.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC Dynamo 1 - DMU 1

First game back of the New year for us, in fact it was our first touch of 2006 as we have been unable to practice over the break.

Good game, lots of action at both ends. DMU was the better team in the opening 45, though we held our own and limited their chances.

We played much better in the 2nd, created some chances and scored early in the half. DMU equalized late in the game (15 to go) on a scrambly play in our 18 after some poor coverage on our part.

The DMU keeper struggled as he appeared to not be able to Kick the ball AT ALL... We were unable to take advantage however.

Both of us are obviously defensive teams, I would probably Align ourselves differently next time I play them.

I suppose DFC is now solo in the #1 spot. Is anyone else going to take some points from them or is it up to us?

Chopper

Dec 4, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jack The Lad said:
Coachmen 2, Aldergrove 2.

I am sure Poco will welcome the result.

JTL

They might if they hadn't lost to the clones today. 2-1 for us, it looked like a good game in the first half then I had to leave. Not sure how the rest of it was, but it was good for us. The old men never say die, just wheres my geritol.:wa:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC"A" 4, SFC "Stars" 1.

First, my God, what a disorganized (to the point of being embarrassing) team. They're home...a full 35 minutes late to KO because they:

1. Were late getting nets up.
2. Forgot their shirts, forcing us to change to a second kit.

As for effort, ours was poor, theirs was as good as they could muster, I suppose. Two reds, one to each squad, in the 1st, ended scoreless. Second, we score at about 65, they answer back 5 minutes later when the fattest bastard on the park was allowed to walk in, juke two defenders, and score.

From half. Nice finish and all, but a 268 lb man should never, fcuking ever, be allowed to walk in from half, keep possession, and score.

After that, we woke up, took advantage of all the space, and sealed it.

Have to say, lots of poor fitness showing from our guys. On any other given day, we should have been up 3 or 4 nil at half vs. this squad. No offense to them, but they are the shits, and we sure as hell did a good job playing down to their level. We play like this vs. the Rams, or God forbid, Gunners or Royals, and we can kiss the shot at promotion goodbye.

Rant over.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers Dude, I agree they are the worst team in our group, fat bastard scored agaisnt us as well WTF??? he's the fattest soccer player I have ever seen!!! and when he scored they all sang some fat bastard song? I ask you again WTF?

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
No offense to them, but they are the shits, and we sure as hell did a good job playing down to their level.
I don't know why you prefaced that statement, how they could possibly be offended is beyond me.

suburbanator said:
I suppose DFC is now solo in the #1 spot. Is anyone else going to take some points from them or is it up to us?
You have had your day in the sun

Hades should have an interesting finish to the season, they have had 4 games cancelled and they are against: Celtic, Langley, and Delta (all at home) and then Argyle away.

Why was that game cancelled? That should have been a turf game?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just goes to show that the league needs to drop at least 10 teams from Div 2 to 3, ASAP.

First of all, we have WAY too many cancelled or forfeited games, showing that at least one squad on those days just didn't care enough to show up. We already have one team fold outright.

Then, we have teams like the one we played this weekend that, although a good bunch of guys, doesn't care enough to show up on time, and are simply happy at being in a game for 60 minutes. I suspect that there are 15-20 teams, but no more, that actually either care about being competitive week-in and week-out, or are actually gunning for a promotion, so they can get the better competition on a weekly basis.

A division should never be decided on forfeited matched. That's just bad for everyone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0