Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Results & Banter November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawzlin

Nov 1, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is a good chance acbc might, I dont know about the gunners chances, I have a strong feeling Inter will get the win against them in a few weeks, I think we are (Inter) turning things around, we played well our last two games and im sure there is more to come

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Glad to see ACBC win over Guildford. My 5-2 prediction was close. Figured ACBC would beat them. I just don't think Guildford is really that good (with all due respect). They have been consistent but didn't impress when they beat us. That being said....they beat us.

I think ACBC will win 2B with Guildford in 2nd and Nomads in third. I'd like to think we could and should be 4th, but who knows. Right now its tight from 4 to 8. Anything can happen as all these teams aren't great, but can pull upsets against anyone or shite the bed!!! haha.

On to next week for a 4th place show down with the Pegasus Impact, a team we should have beat the first time. Wonder how the 2nd go round will be...

Fat Rabbit

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you high?

Here's the events that have us upset:
2) He calls back a breakaway for offside that was nowhere near offside (game most likely would have been 1-1 had Hauser been allowed to carry on as he never misses those)

These happen every game, when are people gonna realise that the ref is more likely to call it back than let it go. We don't have linesmen and yes it can and usually affects the outcome of a game. We've lost a few because of it, shite happens.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not racist, but I don't get why people get so fired up. If someone started making cracks about me being white on the field, which they have, fukc I laugh. I'm not ashamed of being white and calling me fukcing white boy and such, big deal. Goes back to the old saying sticks and stones can break my bones but names can never hurt me. I get it should be a straight red and there is no place for it, however why individually does it impact guys so much. Most people don't even have any understanding or education of the history behind the racist remark. I played against an Indo team at U18 and the whole D line was punching me in the back behind the play, saying racist slurs, bagged a hat trick, and threw it in their face. I'll take racist remarks over some dick trying to break my leg all game because I know ref's in this league don't protect the players and he will have 90 minutes to get his licks in. It's not worth your time to get upset about people who feel there is a place for racist remarks, thats what they want.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's about them and even some losers here on TTP getting all bent out of shape at the first sign of any hint or mis-perception of a comment that is viewed as racism. Yet the Indo and Native teams always just fcuking puke it out game after game, like it is some sort of God given right to be able to be racist one way, but then get all offended when it comes the other way.

double standard that makes my blood boil.

The White ref looks at me like, huh? racist? I didn't hear anyone called a hindu, or paki or whatever... I say NO... racist at us, he looks at me funny at runs away. Hilarious.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not racist, but I don't get why people get so fired up. If someone started making cracks about me being white on the field, which they have, fukc I laugh. I'm not ashamed of being white and calling me fukcing white boy and such, big deal. Goes back to the old saying sticks and stones can break my bones but names can never hurt me.

It's not about being ashamed or what you think they mean, it's their intention or their reason for saying it, usually it's not meant as a compliment on the pitch. And no one deserves to hear that, regardless if one can let it slide or imagine having a kid on the sideline hearing that.

It's not right that a guy or group who may have had some bad race experiences or whatever in life, take his or her frustrations out on others. If Joe Blow burned your house down, go after Joe Blow, not the guy on the soccer pitch that shakes your hand saying good game.

When the law is strict and everyone knows what they can't do and know the consequences, then the occurence becomes less. That's all i'm saying. Why not just get it out of the way and make it a rule and that will be that. I mean it may still happen but at least it's a step in the right direction.

Truth of the matter is, name calling can sometimes lead to sticks and stones, where bones do get broken. Think of every fight you have seen at a club and how and why they started in the first place. I'm sure it wasn't over a compliment.

bananaman

Sep 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont know about the gunners chances, I have a strong feeling Inter will get the win against them in a few weeks, I think we are (Inter) turning things around

I don't expect the Gunners to go unbeaten in 2a. I watched their game against Poco and they were not looking good at all. Just depends on which team shows up, the div 1 half, or the div 2 full. When we played them first game of the season we had 12 players, missing five starters plus others (yes we still lost) but they only scored in the 93rd. If their div 2 team shows up this week, as their div 1 team plays the same time, I think we will give them a run as we have a full squad. Saying that, depends how we come to play. As for Inter, I say we will give you a run as well. You beat us with 10 on field players, 2 being from the subs bench of the div 3 team and the one of them was the back up keeper there and you only beat us 2-1. But I'm sure you will think otherwise... Gunners, Inter, NCoq, should be the top three.. let's wait and see...:wa:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't expect the Gunners to go unbeaten in 2a. I watched their game against Poco and they were not looking good at all. Just depends on which team shows up, the div 1 half, or the div 2 full. When we played them first game of the season we had 12 players, missing five starters plus others (yes we still lost) but they only scored in the 93rd. If their div 2 team shows up this week, as their div 1 team plays the same time, I think we will give them a run as we have a full squad. Saying that, depends how we come to play. As for Inter, I say we will give you a run as well. You beat us with 10 on field players, 2 being from the subs bench of the div 3 team and the one of them was the back up keeper there and you only beat us 2-1. But I'm sure you will think otherwise... Gunners, Inter, NCoq, should be the top three.. let's wait and see...:wa:

I agree it will be close in our game...we seem to always have troubles with NC and Poco Lions....

We have had two great games in a row..just shitty we have a bye this week. I will be out to watch your game versus gummers though

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
In terms of clubs, I wouldn't know I don't fight at clubs. I go to dance and not dance with people, I dance against them.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is a good chance acbc might, I dont know about the gunners chances, I have a strong feeling Inter will get the win against them in a few weeks, I think we are (Inter) turning things around, we played well our last two games and im sure there is more to come

Remember the Gunners play 2 less games than us too...

I hope we can go undefeated but the Gunners and ACBC and a few other teams will be loseing players players come January 15th which should bring the level of play down a bit. I know Guildford is counting on that and their coach will use this to inspire his team.
We are makeing plans for this as we speek to ensure we keep the quality of the team up enough to win the division.
We are in talks to get our 2 big center defenders back for the last part of the year. (Defence as you know has been our week spot).
They both left after the Provincials last year. 1 to UBC and the other to Bosnia in the VMSL div2 (where his father coaches). After speeking with both of them regularly and them coming out to watch and support us a few times ,I am confident they will be back after Xmas to finnish our season and make another cup run and provincials with us.
Plus there are a alot of ethnic guys we have on our team list who are signed but dont play till after January Because of the cold.
Thats one huge boost for us like last year ,when they return.

Moody last year stayed strong till the end too..So the January 15th deadline should weeken some teams but,,,It does and it doesnt. You just wont know till then.
I wish Moody luck so we can meet again in Cup. We always have great games with them. (they just beat our premier club)
FVRD are another powerhouse team who will be doing damage come Cup.

I hope all of you come out to the Cup Draw. So you can see who plays who. Its going to be a blast.

On another note..I was told that Pt.Moody has got the Green light to re-Turf the cement patch. That is great news and will be done for next season.:)

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Ghouse, are you saying when your div 1 and premier players go play where they are supposed to, you won't have much of a team left?

Slug

Feb 9, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
If their div 2 team shows up this week, as their div 1 team plays the same time, I think we will give them a run as we have a full squad. Saying that, depends how we come to play.

Minus 1 starter, I'm out atleast a couple more weeks. I might try to hobble my ass down to watch or else I could watch UFC for free.:p Good Luck!!

Jawzlin

Nov 1, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

Im sure when we play each other again it should be a good battle, im looking forward to it as I didnt play in the first game against you guys due to injury, as for this weekend I wish you guys good luck against moody gummers

bananaman

Sep 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Ghouse, are you saying when your div 1 and premier players go play where they are supposed to, you won't have much of a team left?

I know, it's amazing how the teams change after christmas. Div 2 teams become div 2 teams and not premier "well-ness" centres haha.

Carniehore

Sep 20, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
i guess we have to take everything with a grain of salt. i heard all this crap last year with all the complaining and still ACBC won both cups ...so what now ?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Read my post again...I said I am prepairing to have a strong club at that time as we will most definately be calling a few guys up perminantly.
And I dont want to be caught flat or short.

Last year we played our second Premier Provincial game in Victoria with 11 players and I truley believe if we were better prepaired we would have won that game (lost 3-2 to Bays ) So I need to carry a deeper bench hense calling up a few more than last year.
Injuries in our Cups and Provincials are way more comman than I thought due to the intencity of the games.
Lost 7 players in 2 weeks with bad knocks and broken bonez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0