Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] September 2009 Banter and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya we took alot of knocks...One player in Hospital ,ankel swollen up like a grapefruit.
Should have been 10 nil. One of my guys showed up to tell me he just signed with Croatia A VMSL...shite the VMSL Premier is steeling my FVSL div 2 guys...how do you like that.
Good luck Andrew we will miss you. Hurry home.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya we took alot of knocks...One player in Hospital ,ankel swollen up like a grapefruit.
Should have been 10 nil. One of my guys showed up to tell me he just signed with Croatia A VMSL...shite the VMSL Premier is steeling my FVSL div 2 guys...how do you like that.
Good luck Andrew we will miss you. Hurry home.
well when you have the players you currently have on your div 2 team no one would think its a div 2 squad. good job on the win. n hope drew does well at croatia...

junction

Oct 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-0 Gunners over North Coquitlam. We scored in the 91st minute to seal an ugly, ugly win. We pressed alot and they didnt have a whole lot going forward. We had something like 18 or 19 guys (a few injuries, and 4 or 5 that were called up to play Div 1 lastnight) and they showed with 13. But the 13 they had were pretty quality, this is pretty strong team, but they were pretty worn out by the end of this one.

Reffing was good, BUT. It seemed to me like we would get absloutely chopped on the edge of the 18 a few times and then the free kick would get rolled back about 5 or 6 yards from where the foul was taken. Not to mention the wall they set was only about 7 or 8 yards back. ANYWAYS, I digress. JB did a good job and kept the game under control the whole time.

GL Nor Coq the rest of the way
Cheers

Slug

Feb 9, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-0 Gunners over North Coquitlam. We scored in the 91st minute to seal an ugly, ugly win. We pressed alot and they didnt have a whole lot going forward. We had something like 18 or 19 guys (a few injuries, and 4 or 5 that were called up to play Div 1 lastnight) and they showed with 13. But the 13 they had were pretty quality, this is pretty strong team, but they were pretty worn out by the end of this one.

Reffing was good, BUT. It seemed to me like we would get absloutely chopped on the edge of the 18 a few times and then the free kick would get rolled back about 5 or 6 yards from where the foul was taken. Not to mention the wall they set was only about 7 or 8 yards back. ANYWAYS, I digress. JB did a good job and kept the game under control the whole time.

GL Nor Coq the rest of the way
Cheers

Pretty much summed it up. You guys will have no problem moving up next year. We have a few injuries and a few guys working so it was definetely tough only playing with 2 subs. Mostly a clean game and you were right on the free kicks but JB called a good game I think. Some of our guys were complaining about an offside on the goal, but I didn't see it because I was left alone with the guy who scored. Tried to block it but went through my legs. We came close on our only free kick with bananaman hitting the crossbar but you guys hit a post too so cancels out.:confused: Anyways, on to Inter where were expecting to have less players and we need to call up our div. 3 goalie, should be fun!!!:wa:

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty much summed it up. You guys will have no problem moving up next year. We have a few injuries and a few guys working so it was definetely tough only playing with 2 subs. Mostly a clean game and you were right on the free kicks but JB called a good game I think. Some of our guys were complaining about an offside on the goal, but I didn't see it because I was left alone with the guy who scored. Tried to block it but went through my legs. We came close on our only free kick with bananaman hitting the crossbar but you guys hit a post too so cancels out.:confused: Anyways, on to Inter where were expecting to have less players and we need to call up our div. 3 goalie, should be fun!!!:wa:

They've already moved up, but love to sandbag.

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was "only" 4-0 though not 6:rolleyes:.but yes, it should have been 10. Should be the class of 2B.
Not surprised VMSL took one of your players though....even the spares could play Premier....Oh yeah...they do.

haha thats funny. They do what they have to do to win, according to the players that have to sit during cup games. Can we all stop picking on them?

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU Pumas versus Port Moody Lions 2-2

Early rust by both teams but pretty entertaining. Late goal by Lions tie's the game which ends in the fair result as both teams.

Great game by Richard up front for the pumas though very lucky not to score late with the header.

Double R

Aug 21, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Red devils 6 GEU 2
Both teams played pretty poor. Fist 15minutes of the 1st red devils gave up to 2 PK's. 1 of them was scored, 1 was stopped. After that it was basically all devils. Scored 4 straight goals b4 half. 2nd half GEU got a red card. 2nd half was basically the same except for a 10 minute spell where GEU scored a crap goal. After the goal devils put in 2 more to finish it.

Double R

Aug 21, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
well for a first reg season game as team together. I wouldnt say it was too bad. Things will only get better. And the was not misleading, it sholuld have been 10-2. Possesion was 70 - 30

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU-RED DEVILS score was misleading. We missed three breakaways and a penalty shot, not to mention numerous other chances and a missed pen call where our player landed up in the goal. Knights had little possession the entire 2nd half, except for the first 10 mins. GEU played really well at the start of both halves; gotta hand it to them, they came prepared to play. Also, props to their forward for that 2nd goal: that was a brilliant strike. Wondering why the 1st pen scorer didnt take the 2nd one as well? I heard a rumor from a Knight that they thought they were gonna run the score so......
TSN turning point?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC Nomads 5- Westcoast 1

Awfully ugly first 10 with a goal on a brainfart by Nomads put WC up 1-0

A quick sub and the game turned.

Hauser with the hatty and young DeJong pots 2 for us.

I made a mess of a breakaway at the end of the game when the red seas parted to make it 6-1, but I had too much time to think about what to do and shot it straight into Matthews hands, which he parried back to my left foot and I missed the post (on the wrong side) by 6 inches... brutal :(

Anyways, we got the year off right with a big 3 points and WC has work to do. Duffy and Brent have got to find help for themselves and the black dude in the middle or it will be a really REALLY long year in this division after seeing Guildford hammer the improved LUFC Knights 6-0 and ACBC dispose of the Bulletts (who are not bad at their own end of the park) 4-0.

also should note the most hilarious thing I have seen in years, our fullback picking the ball up wiht his hands 3 yards before the touchline thinking the football yellow line was the touchline giving WC a peno, which the taker skied over the net (Karma ;) )

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC Nomads 5- Westcoast 1

Awfully ugly first 10 with a goal on a brainfart by Nomads put WC up 1-0

A quick sub and the game turned.

Hauser with the hatty and young DeJong pots 2 for us.

I made a mess of a breakaway at the end of the game when the red seas parted to make it 6-1, but I had too much time to think about what to do and shot it straight into Matthews hands, which he parried back to my left foot and I missed the post (on the wrong side) by 6 inches... brutal :(

Anyways, we got the year off right with a big 3 points and WC has work to do. Duffy and Brent have got to find help for themselves and the black dude in the middle or it will be a really REALLY long year in this division after seeing Guildford hammer the improved LUFC Knights 6-0 and ACBC dispose of the Bulletts (who are not bad at their own end of the park) 4-0.

also should note the most hilarious thing I have seen in years, our fullback picking the ball up wiht his hands 3 yards before the touchline thinking the football yellow line was the touchline giving WC a peno, which the taker skied over the net (Karma ;) )

You guys should have got more and the same goes for us. We are not in the same game shape as you guys(seen you have had 4 exhibition games in last few weeks. We came out pretty decent in the first 10-15 then fitness (or lack of it) went down hill and quick. We were definately missing players with 4 starters and core players from years past couldn't make it to the game. Of the 13 players we had, 7 were new with 2 never even met the team yet. We haven't gelled as a team at all and it showed. I was happy with the way we played for the first half and with a couple more subs maybe we could have made a game of it. Nothing beats Jeff picking up the ball 1 yard inside the goal line to give us a PK only for our BAGGIO to BAGGIO it over the net then complain to everyone and not get back into position, costing us the fifth goal.

WestCoast...What??? we will be a better team JBN believe me. Good Luck the rest of the way and maybe it will be a better game in the rematch.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I totally forgot the 5th came on the slack back tracking by your guys, when do you ever see a short goalkick following a peno that missed go through 2 passes to a 3 on 1 80+ yards up the park!!?? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0