Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] September 2009 Banter and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Haha! Listen to all this! Don't come on here for 24 hours and my name is being dropped left right and center.

Everyone is right is there own aspect.

Ghouse, thx for the compliment. Much appreciated. I wouldn't call it disrespect from teammates, its just what is expected of me. You haven't seen me play much in our recent battles, but that is the norm for me. Very vocal, very loud, very demanding and commanding of my defence and team all the time, every game. So its just expected as I like to be a leader on the team and show by example.

But as far as shot stopping, nothing too out of this world. The goal was a bullet that I barely got fingertips too, and the one 'insane curve' was pretty crazy as it was dipping and swirving and can only parry it away, which led to a disallowed offside goal. (Don't know if it was in fact offside or not). You guys did in fact out possess and out chance us, but in all honesty, we knew that was gonna happen before the game (as u should with every team u play with the caliber of players u have signed) and we accepted it, withstood the pressure and countered when we could.

I feel our team did play very well as a TEAM and am pleased with the result. Whether we were the better team or not from a observers perspective I don't know, but from a Nomads perspective we anticipated what the game would be like and adapted to it. We knew u would have more possession and more chances. Fine by me, that's what I'm in net for. And by me controlling things in the back with my sweeper, we stood our ground and let S&H and others in the mid control any counter attacking opportuntities that were presented to us.

Just remember. With all those chances u did get, only one was finished with class. The second was garbage. Good pressure by the player on our defender but u have to admit it was lucky for a clearance to bounce of him and right inside the post. Could have been 2-1 us. But could have been any score if all chances were finished. I was what it was.....a fair result. November will bring the real truth.

As for my knee, its pretty bad. Swollen like crazy. Kneecap slipped out of place on my already torn ACL knee on the ACBC second richocet goal. Gotta ice like crazy before next week.

Nov 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very impressive Guildford for haveing 0-GA. Not just leading the league but not conceding a single goal is outstanding.
Hats off.
S&H it was 9 shots on target for us and 2 for you.
And as you said we had more clear cut chances and as JBN said we had more of the ball.
So ???? I use the term hands down.
Your keeper stood out from any other as he had more than 1 impressive situation to handle includeing busting up his leg to make a save.
And when you dont lose and you out shoot your opposition...usually its because the keeper is man of the match. (usually) In this case it was a compliment to a player on your team who I felt stood out from all the rest and made a difference in the game.
Not to mention, His orders he gave to his defence were bang on and he was the man talking in the back, giveing the correct orders to his mates. Its not just the saves he made but how He arranged his defence around him. How he had the ball watchers pick up open men and the way he saw the game and told his players where to stand/cover.
I know you just see him as a stopper...but he was man of the match because he did above and beyond just stopping 9 shots(in his sleep). He was your General on the field and he led by example when sacrificeing his already torn up leg to keep it at 2-2.
Is that good enough for you.
If I was him I would slap my teammates for disrespecting me on here when a compliment was made from another manager.

Im sure melo will be fine with my comments, everyone in this div knows what he means to our team, so on his behalf, i thank you for the compliment made to him. cheers big guy, didn't mean to strike a nerve. i still don't agree with your points, but we might as well move on eh? Im know you guys probably expected to go 16-0 (not sure how many games), but even in div2, it aint easy. our team is compiled by old married farts with kids and some young blood, so we just try to go out and have some fun and drink a few beers after...we'll do that after our next game if thats ok with you, melo will bring the bbq....guildford is looking like a nasty piece of business as well, nice work guys

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
WestCoast 0-2 SFC Impact.

We came out flat in the first they when up 1-0 on a header with our goalie being held. Too bad we had Mrs. Maggoo as our ref(he couldn't even see the team list). Then in the second half with our benchwarmers they got a second one on a good strike. Down 2-0. We played hard down 2-0 and should have gotten at least one but just couldn't finish. We have 12 new players and in this game with a full squad it showed that we could be a lot better then what we are. Oh well 0-3 and on to the undefeated Guildford Utd. Will be missing some core players but that needs to stop affecting our play.

WestCoast...What??? still would rather lose every game then drive to ?Maple Ridge.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just watched LUFC Athletica 2 - WRU 1... Good game both team hard fought! WR really controled the game in my opinion, just couldnt slot one home. Athletica's defense held up well, any team will have troubles getting past that deadly man Paul on the back line and Mark in the Midfield. Two quality players.
There striker finished WR off in the 80th with just two beauty dangles outside the 18 and slotted it into the corner on WR's keeper. Nice team to watch!

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Paul usually plays in the midfield, he's a great player. Shorty_o07's facebook status updates during games to say he's scored, 6 this season in case you're counting.

I'm surprised how well the Athletica are doing, they were pretty close to folding, I got calls begging for players.

Good on em.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last year the league wouldnt let anyone change games on Halloween on Thanksgiving.

Yes they did.... they rescheduled almost all of them.... I sent in a formal letter, and copied all the other teams involved that night.

If this is going to be a problem for the teams involved this year, they should do the same ASAP!

sh0rty_oo7

Nov 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Paul usually plays in the midfield, he's a great player. Shorty_o07's facebook status updates during games to say he's scored, 6 this season in case you're counting.

I'm surprised how well the Athletica are doing, they were pretty close to folding, I got calls begging for players.

Good on em.

LOL :wa:the only one who uses facebook mobile to update their status is you Kjohn!

We're off to a good start, lots of tough matches still to play though. As for us folding, it was pretty much only because Langley tells us we have the lowest seniority of ALL the langley clubs...leaving us to have our games/practices at HORRIBLE times. Especially when half our club works in the industry, sat night at 9pm doesn't exactly make a whole lot of sense for us.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shorty,

I am not saying this to be an ass, but I don't see the difference between playing at 9 or 7... Saturday nights are saturday nights... Keg doesn't close at 10 or open at 9... and if you work at a club you have to be there by 9 usually...

Plus how to you handle your away games, which 80%+ will be happening on Saturday evenings...

~NightclubIndustryWorkerFor4LastYears

PS: I don't think the club ever communicated to Shaun that you guys are lowest seniority in the club, I believe he said you were lowest seniority amongst teams with time slots that would be preferable to you (Ie: Premier, Both Masters, Both Div 1's, Nomads, Knights, and Wolves)

sh0rty_oo7

Nov 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnny,

You're completely right. It wouldn't matter playing at 7 or at 9 Saturday night.

I think the guys were mostly worked up about it because our pitch time last year was Sun 10am. We've managed to work it out with the Keg that we can all have the game nights off, so it's not a huge deal anymore. It was just a hassle to begin with... water under the bridge!

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sat night at 9pm doesn't exactly make a whole lot of sense for us.
Saturday at 9 is not bad at all ! !
How about Thursday night at 10 pm on Bby turf.... We had to play a make up game a couple of years ago against Coq.... their field was shut down in Dec for the rest of the season, so they got that time...
ACBC had a Sunday night 9 pm 2 seasons back...

Bby isn't even in the FVSL area ! How do teams get away with this crap ! ! Not even Port Moody and Coquitlam are in these boundaries, and they extend it to Burnaby! WTF?

IT'S THE FIRST FRICKEN RULE ! ! ! See here : FVSL Constitution

Article 1 - AFFILIATION & MEMBERSHIP

1(a) Membership shall be comprised of properly constituted teams affiliated with the British Columbia Soccer Association from that area of the Fraser Valley lying to the west of and including Hope, to the western boundaries of Port Coquitlam, the Municipality of Delta, the City of White Rock, and the City of Surrey.

Shifty_dwarf

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
NCU 2-Celtic 1

We were f'n dreadful for the first 30 and were very lucky that they had no finish early. Celtic played well despite having only 13 players but we were able to take over once we started to play physical. A couple of chippy tackles by both teams but nothing ugly. We scored off a corner and a counter attack. Started to sit back after that and they really turned up the pressure. They got one back off a rocket free kick. They were again all over us after that but we were able to clear any opportunities they had going forward. We will definetely take the 3 points but IMO we didn't really deserve it and Celtic were the better team.

Couldn't agree more!
CELTIC RULE!
hehe, our lack of finish definitely cost us the game. especially early.
I think we outchanced you guys, but you guys capitalized and we just didn't.
Couple unlucky bounces, a couple non-calls (no I'm not making excuses).
Would have been a different game if we'd potted one of those early chances.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Couldn't agree more!
CELTIC RULE!
hehe, our lack of finish definitely cost us the game. especially early.
I think we outchanced you guys, but you guys capitalized and we just didn't.
Couple unlucky bounces, a couple non-calls (no I'm not making excuses).
Would have been a different game if we'd potted one of those early chances.

Definately should have been 3 PK's in that one... possible 5, believe it or not... one guy actually grabbed the ball, then tossed it back down... Flying Phil just called a corner instead. That along with Phil looking the other way on any of the take downs inside... or maybe he just couldn't see that far.... WTF? A couple of defensive missed clears at our end, and it's in the back o the net against us. Not the goalies fault at all... he was stellar ! ! ;-)

Not excuses, facts... even without the missed calls, it should have been over in the first half.... several missed shots and posts...

Missing several players... 2 on reds, two in Europe, etc.... it'll be different second time around... we could loss by a few more :-\

jdeezaypmg

Aug 25, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
i dont think we were lucky to come out with a point we should have had 3 points, but we havent found our scoring touch yet this year, we dominated most of the game, and as for the ref doing his 3rd straight game he was terrible..
and your goal was nice... i dont see that happening ever again i assume your player shot it and it hit him in the face and deflected over everyone and in the net but hey, thats just what i saw

Knight

Aug 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who are you talking to John, the Knights play at 7pm we had a choice and we got what we wanted. Plus why is this being brought up?

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who are you talking to John, the Knights play at 7pm we had a choice and we got what we wanted. Plus why is this being brought up?

I'm pretty sure he prefaced his post with

"Shorty,"

That's usually a clue as to who a person is directing their msg.

Just FYI. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0