Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL Div.3] Results and Banter '12/'13 Season

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westcoast Milan 2 - 4 FC Sparta. We gifted them two goals in the first half on errors, despite dominating the game from start to finish. Score was 2-1 Milan at half. We scored 3 goals for the win in the 2nd half. What an awful game. Milan is by far the dirtiest team that we've played this year. They had some great guys on their squad, but they were overshadowed by the constant ankle hacking and fouls from behind of their teammates. Not to mention the yelling at ref by their coach, who is supposed to be the one calming his team. Of course they can dish it out, but cannot take it: their player gets fouled once on a header off a goal kick, and comes down swinging his elbow. Ref sees it, straight Red card. It's just a game, not the world cup final. We all play because we love it, and yet there are guys intentionally trying to hurt other players. Get a grip. And get control of your team.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Team Canada - games are only to be extended for penalty shots. Ending on a corner kick is within the rules - even if it isn't often done.

@Zidane - yep, I hear ya. I'm in D4 and there were 1-2 guys on the other side of the ball this weekend just trying to throw their weight around rather than play an enjoyable game of soccer. Even their own teammates were rolling their eyes at them. I can't figure out where this stuff comes from - it's D3-4 Fraser Valley....we ain't even semi-pro let alone world cup! And yes, these same guys complained every time they were touched, but had remarks of innocence when they committed the foul. That stuff drives me insane. You committed a foul, accept it.

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Team Canada - games are only to be extended for penalty shots. Ending on a corner kick is within the rules - even if it isn't often done.

It's also well within the rules to end the game with a player sitting in front of an open net with the ball at their feet as long as 90 minutes has passed. You've apparently missed the point...

I was a referee for close to 20 years, and never once did I end a 1-goal game on a corner or free kick, nor have I ever played in a game where a ref has done that before. It's not about being a stickler for the rules or giving any one team an advantage, it's about proper game management. It was also an issue of a larger number of incidents (for both teams) being compounded into a very poorly officiated game.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm pretty sure it's you who missed the point. Which point? It's D3. We're all one step above beer league my friend. But I hear you re: it being part of a larger issue. We've all experienced that particular frustration, believe me. We all know your point.

YNWA!

Oct 3, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
hahahahaha come on we cant take it. is that why you all where crying all game every time we touched you .and that red was no red if he elbowed him the lad would off been on the floor crying like you hole team .

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
WRU Vault 1- ND Titans 0: Game really could have gone either way. They are an awesome team with quality players and game was 50/50.
Gl to those guys

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't think cantuzzi enjoyed the results from the gunners game. There goes the undefeated season. Hope you're not #10, if you are, well you're a prick. Otherwise, decent squad, caught us on a good night, as opposed to the last 4 squads we played.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
WRU Vault 1- ND Titans 0: Game really could have gone either way. They are an awesome team with quality players and game was 50/50.
Gl to those guys

I don't know if we've ever been called an awesome team before. I sense a little sarcasm, but will take it anyway.

Agreed the game was 50/50. I thought we had better possession and deserved a better fate, but you took your best chance and we didn't. A mistake in marking for us, some gimmes by us missed, a few great saves by you and a post on a beautie of a free kick. On another night we win.

Good job C4L. Look forward to the rematch. Another game we expect to win.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry T4L no sarcasm, you guys were the best team we have played all year by far. North Delta 91's who did beat us were "good" but not as overall strong as squad as you guys. Looking forward to game #2! Gl to you guys

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't think cantuzzi enjoyed the results from the gunners game. There goes the undefeated season. Hope you're not #10, if you are, well you're a prick. Otherwise, decent squad, caught us on a good night, as opposed to the last 4 squads we played.

Yup I am #10, prick sure whatever you say... I am guessing you are #13, you played a good game at the back, as for your captain AKA Serena Williams, he is good at playing right on the line of legal/cheap, but screaming every time he kicked the ball or went up for a header got to be pretty humorous after a while.

You guys definitely deserved to win the game, our keeper kept us in it for the first half but lack of subs and I think you guys had some call downs was too much for us to overcome. See ya in December.

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yup I am #10, prick sure whatever you say... I am guessing you are #13, you played a good game at the back, as for your captain AKA Serena Williams, he is good at playing right on the line of legal/cheap, but screaming every time he kicked the ball or went up for a header got to be pretty humorous after a while.

You guys definitely deserved to win the game, our keeper kept us in it for the first half but lack of subs and I think you guys had some call downs was too much for us to overcome. See ya in December.

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Tough luck, Cantuzzi, that you caught them on PM a good day. We are one of the last 4 squads that apparently caught them on a bad day, just like TWU did too, and we only managed to squeaked out a 2-1 win. I'd hate to see them on a good day then......

C4L, whats happened to you guys this year????

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Arsenal 2 ND Titans 3.
We showed up with 12 guys kind of expecting to get out played but that wasn't the case. We went up 1-0 in the first half accually playing good unlike our last couple of games, anyway the second half starts and I don't know if the titans slipped the ref a $50 but it felt as though we couldn't get a call! Maybe I'm sounding like a bit of a whiner but that guy was Brutal! Even some of the Titans were shaking their heads. I give the Titans credit as the played a good clean game but 2 of their goals were a direct result of non calls, one where our defender goes to clear the ball out of the box and gets "shoulder checked" knocked over and they score. Their second was offside, then we scored a beauty free kick by yours truly to tie it up and their third was accually a really nice one on a corner but was in the 93rd minute. Can't seem to catch a break these days. :mad:

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Arsenal 2 ND Titans 3.
We showed up with 12 guys kind of expecting to get out played but that wasn't the case. We went up 1-0 in the first half accually playing good unlike our last couple of games, anyway the second half starts and I don't know if the titans slipped the ref a $50 but it felt as though we couldn't get a call! Maybe I'm sounding like a bit of a whiner but that guy was Brutal! Even some of the Titans were shaking their heads. I give the Titans credit as the played a good clean game but 2 of their goals were a direct result of non calls, one where our defender goes to clear the ball out of the box and gets "shoulder checked" knocked over and they score. Their second was offside, then we scored a beauty free kick by yours truly to tie it up and their third was accually a really nice one on a corner but was in the 93rd minute. Can't seem to catch a break these days. :mad:

Some valid points Megr.

You definitely didn't get many breaks. However we did have a chance to end the game with 3 or 4 glorious chances in the first 10 minutes. If they went in this game was no contest. Instead the first half was very even. Both teams forced mistakes and you capitalized on one.

Second half we played better. Created all the chances and deserved the goals and win.

The ref was brutal but welcome to div 3. No worse than any other week.

And your free kick beauty was no beauty. Our keeper and yours would stop it 98 out of 100.

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some valid points Megr.

You definitely didn't get many breaks. However we did have a chance to end the game with 3 or 4 glorious chances in the first 10 minutes. If they went in this game was no contest. Instead the first half was very even. Both teams forced mistakes and you capitalized on one.

Second half we played better. Created all the chances and deserved the goals and win.

The ref was brutal but welcome to div 3. No worse than any other week.

And your free kick beauty was no beauty. Our keeper and yours would stop it 98 out of 100.

Lets just agree to disagree and see how the rematch goes. Always a good clean game with you guys.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0