Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Division 1] Results & Banter - February '05

Who will win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another month, another thread, more Knights making asses of themselves. I'm kidding. I love you guys. I really do. Yeah!

The league will be won this month. The question is, who will win it? Aldergrove has stumbled of late. Dewdney seems to be staying rather consistant. Rangers and the Knights are lurking but I don't think can pull it off. Everyone else...........................done.

The old thread can be found here:

http://www.takethepiss.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6879

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
"THE RANT" heard around the world..........or at least from Cancun! Juice, Jacko, Welshi, Kurt, and myself called on Fri. night to discover the decimated Ranger squad pull off an upset of the year. Not only were we missing us, but Halvie as well! Well done boys, maybe we should have stayed!?!? :D None the less, we hoisted a few MORE drinks that night in celebration of a well deserved win for a few guys who needed to prove a point. ;)
Ya Rangerforever, The cancer....blablabla!

sam1

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Team GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 Aldergrove United 13 9 3 1 34 12 30
2 DFC Razorbacks 13 9 3 1 40 21 30
3 SFC Rangers 14 6 4 4 26 20 22
4 GEU Black Knights 12 6 3 3 33 14 21
5 Surrey Sporting 12 5 3 4 26 20 18
6 DMU Highlanders 11 4 5 2 14 16 17
7 Port Moody Fury 14 5 2 7 18 25 17
8 PoCo Raiders 12 4 3 5 13 21 15
9 North Delta Playe 15 2 0 13 16 45 6
10 LUFC United 14 1 2 11 15 41 5

Week# 18 February 13, 2005
PoCo Raiders vs. GEU Black Knights Sun 12:00PM McLean
North Delta Players vs. Surrey Sporting Sat 7:00PM Mackie Park
LUFC "A" vs. Port Moody Fury Sun 11:00AM Mun Athl Park - Oval
DMU Highlanders vs. Surrey FC Rangers Fri 7:30PM John Oliver Park
Aldergrove Utd. vs. DFC Razorbacks Sun 2:15PM Parkside - West

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DFC will lose to Aldergrove if Wade is still hurting from last week. Like Sam1 said DFC is nothing without him. Take away Wade and his 27 goals and DFC would have trouble beating some of the div 2 bottom dwellers. He is the whole team and everybody knows it.

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Everyone seems to know about Wade and his abilities yet no one has stopped him yet. He is the whole team, everyone knows it, and he still burns everyone, everywhere. I don't think Aldergrove will beat them (him) cause they have been brought down to earth by the Knights and Rangers. The Razorbacks will win the league because they win this game and Grove still has to play the Knights.

J D Walker

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
sam1 said:
Week# 18 February 13, 2005
PoCo Raiders vs. GEU Black Knights Sun 12:00PM McLean
North Delta Players vs. Surrey Sporting Sat 7:00PM Mackie Park
LUFC "A" vs. Port Moody Fury Sun 11:00AM Mun Athl Park - Oval
DMU Highlanders vs. Surrey FC Rangers Fri 7:30PM John Oliver Park
Aldergrove Utd. vs. DFC Razorbacks Sun 2:15PM Parkside - West

knights vs Raiders...... last game the knights seemed lucky to walk with a draw after playing a horrible game. prediction: knights unleashing hell..... 5 -0

playettes vs sporting....... playettes thrashing curry 9-nil in the biggest upset of the season. chainsaw scoring all 9.

langly vs moody...... 7th vs 10th....... who gives a mutha...... but i got 10 bucks down that sampsonite slots a hatty.

lowlanders vs celtic........ celtic back on form? after giving alderdale their first "regular season loss", could it possibly be a turn arround? 1-1 draw (celtic tend to play to the level of their competition)

alderdogs vs razorsacks......... motw......... the dogs seem to be slipping, losing they're last 2 games played. if they plan on moving to div.1 next season, this weekend = a must win. sacks 2-1, and the dogs keep slippin.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
midman said:
Everyone seems to know about Wade and his abilities yet no one has stopped him yet. He is the whole team, everyone knows it, and he still burns everyone, everywhere.

Ahhhhhh......nevermind.

Let the sleeping dog lay....or never show a Burnaby Worker (theRob) a donut at work.....or however the saying goes.

I dont think Wade scored any against us, and we had a substitute striker marking him. Easy.
But, give trapper some credit on that team. He makes some big saves for them.

Sam1,
well done on getting this thread started up again.
Who is the moderator here anyways?

Predictions:
(celtic tend to play to the level of their competition)
Sad , but true.

Kinghts
ND Playa's
Port Moody
Ger's
Aldergrove

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions

Poco - 1 BK's 6 this one shouldn't be pretty even though I hate to admit it...

ND 2 - Sport 1 hopefully we can close out the season with a couple wins... chainsaw 2 goals...

LUFC 1 - PM 3 who cares

DMU 0 - Rangers 2 Ranger finally rolling?

Grove - Wade No prediction but look forward to going and watch... go grove

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see the Knight winning 4-1
Sporting 3-0
PM 2-1
Ranger and DMU 1-1
and the MOTW
Razorbacks 3-1

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rex or Trapper,

Could one of you do me a favor & get a hold of an authentic Wade DFC replica preferably not autographed (I hear they lose value on E-bay if autographed), that would be so sweet man....

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers play Highlanders tonight and Rangers sr's play Delta Old Boys.

The Changerooms back at Newton should be as good as gold tonight?

What do you say Zaurrini, a little team for team loonie toss!!!!!!(losing team buys).

Good luck boys, see you back at the ranch.

Rob, your birthday beers are on the house brother. :D

Whiteshoes, please try to make an appearance.

Barry and Jeff are playing for the young boys so please take it easy on them.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
What do you say Zaurrini, a little team for team loonie toss!!!!!!(losing team buys).

I dont gamble :rolleyes:

What about some fine Hot Dogs and ketchup for The Roberto??

Or we can get Geegers....PM me.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My suspicion is that Wade wouldn't miss this one, hurt or not. This is too big to leave him on the side. A big part of the team for sure, but the Keeper is the one you have to beat, and he's the best in this league. They have other weapons up front as well, not as prolific as Wader, but you only need 1 to win if Mac's in form. The sad part about this whole thing is that the only way to stop Wade is to hurt him... and time after time that's what teams set out to do. It's thier plan from the start. It was no different in the cup game last week against Langley. They specifiaclly went at him to hurt him. Pretty pathetic when the game comes to that. It's like the NHL, the only way to stop Naslund and Forskin is to intentionally go out to hurt them. Don't have the tallent to stop Wade? Break him! What's worse is that alot of schmucks take pride in that. Fcuking sickening to watch players resort to that!

DFC will take this one 3 -1 with Wade, or tie 1 - 1 without.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's all the fuss with Wade Brookbank these days?

Bits and pieces from Guru
My suspicion is that Wade wouldn't miss this one, hurt or not. This is too big to leave him on the side. The sad part about this whole thing is that the only way to stop Wade is to hurt him... They specifiaclly went at him to hurt him. Pretty pathetic when the game comes to that. It's like the NHL, the only way to stop Naslund and Forskin is to intentionally go out to hurt them. Don't have the tallent to stop Wade? Break him!

I thought the NHL was in a lockout??? Why do we constantly keep bringing up this kids name??? I know he has potential and has had a couple big fights, but this is a bit much to expect out of this kid... Give him a few more seasons in the minors (Div. 1) to mature... :rolleyes: ;)

~Brian Burke

Deej

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
This just in:

Its a critical week for the NHL.

Highlanders tie, again. :rolleyes:

0-0 vs Rangers

They outplayed us in the 2nd half, when they played their best lineup. Best chances were Zaurinni off our keepers toe and for us Fish blasting the ball off there guy on the goal line not once but twice in succession.

Looked to me like Stepchild took more than he gave out tonight which is unusual for him. Good battles all over the pitch, some late tackles but very little complaining from both sides.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the usual Ranger vs. Highlander matchup, not the prettiest soccer to watch.
First half was lots of kick and run soccer by both teams with hard challenges. Our coach rewarded the team that beat alderhole tonight with the start, but were unlucky to have to play in such a shiiiity first half.
Second half was different, we changed things up and went at them for most of the half to come out rather unlucky not to have a few goals. Goalie for them played well and the d-fence looked tired but held. No one on either teams looked great today, but it was good to play a game since most have not played since early dec. :mad:

DMU, just curious on why the long ball to planzer most of the game? :confused: It took your best player out of the game. That young Asian kid in the middle played well with me giving him the ball a few times a half. I was rusty (literally) and he made me look bad a few times. :eek: :D
You will have to change that since planzer will not be available to play against PPD DMU on tues................or is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0