Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL Master Division 2003/2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: FVSL Master Division

This weekends Games:

Friday Night 9pm

All Blacks vs Poco

Masters Division Sunday Jan. 18

Academico Alumni v Delta Metro United Erma Stephenson Park 10:00am
Surrey FC Firefighters v Surrey United Unwin Park West 10:00am
Peace Arch v GEU Old Haney South Surrey Athletic #5 10:00am
Mission Celtic Surrey v FC Sundowners Hatzic Park 10:00am
Aldergrove United v Sapperton Old Boys Parkside West 10:00am

First games of 2004. Have fun running all that Holiday cheer off lads :p

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I Love

Sorry Boys but I just love posting with my new avtar, I think I'm Falling in Love with her, I have too little time left with her!!!!

It's been great thus far :D

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough Match

PA - 2
GEU - 1

GEU came ready to play and fought a tough battle in South Surrey today. GEU scored first and then defended like the Italian National Team. PA came out in the second half pushing hard and GEU defended harder. Finally, GEU cracked and Sean "thrilla" Milla scored not one but two fantasic goals!

This was a very important game for PA staying in third spot in the league.

Great game to play and a very hard battle against a good team....

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Surrey United 2-1 Surrey City Firefighters

We started off a little slowly which sadly seems to be a habit but we came on midway through the first half after Ginger Paille took on a couple of FF's and shot into the bottom right of the goal about 18 yards out. It was a beauty and well-earned. It was also about damned time! Murray Howes scored the second on a well set chest trap from Harkinson who got some great service from some Greek guy. (milk that one)

We were up 2-0 and missed some great chances to make it more as we knew what F'F's were going to try and do near the end of the game; Stack our box and send long high balls in. They inevitably scored in typical fashion as the scrum in our six yard box gave way for a brief lapse. Prior to that Angelo Bonato made an unbelievable reactionary save from a close range shot.

It was an intense game that saw some ugly tackles and I think everyone from both teams had some blood leaking from various parts of their body. One play in particular that was amusing to watch was when Kelly Bey recognized some space and made a full stride run toward their box and I saw four F/F's open their eyes and in full stride , almost synchronized, converged on Kelly and all got a piece of him. There were bodies everywhere and Kelly was in pain. He got up as usual. Kelly still got the ball away to an open player who scored but the referee did not call the advantage.

I don't want to make it sound like the game wasn't well played because there was a lot of nice suff played. Personally, I love these kind of games and our squad can play skill and physical. Firefighters always play like this and nobody should expect anything else. It was great just to be able to play. I haven't played since Nov 16 but I have been running. Most of our guys have been running. I know the F/F's are going to be tougher when a few of their guys lose some of the blubber around their mid-section. Geez, they may even have to train.:confused: :D

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jan 25 Cup Games

First round in the Cup,

some good match ups for the first round. Good luck Old timers!

Aldergrove United v Peace Arch Masters Parkside West 10:00am
Surrey FC Sundowners v Surrey United Unwin Park West 10:00am
Academico Alumni v LUFC All Blacks Erma Stephenson Park 10:00am
Sapperton Oldboys v Mission Celtic Erma Stephenson Park 12 Noon

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Jan 25 Cup Games

5bigtoes said:
First round in the Cup,

some good match ups for the first round. Good luck Old timers!

Aldergrove United v Peace Arch Masters Parkside West 10:00am
Surrey FC Sundowners v Surrey United Unwin Park West 10:00am
Academico Alumni v LUFC All Blacks Erma Stephenson Park 10:00am
Sapperton Oldboys v Mission Celtic Erma Stephenson Park 12 Noon

Our game is cancelled. That field is absolute shite! Why don't they put us at Unwin Centre field? Instead they let the 3rd Division ballerinas play there.:mad:

Get on it Sundowners.

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Took a break,

No wonder AllBlacks won this weekend,
BullyB's fam-dam went Boardin' at Blackcomb

And I agree with Ballbaby, change that shiite field at Unwin.

See ya in the next round PA/Aldergrove?

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Breaks for the Committed

PA - 2
Aldergrove - 1

No question about it, the level of play in the O35 FVSL is at an all time peak. Week in and week out the games are well fought battles. Slogging through all kinds of conditions, teams manage to put out an excellent effort and for the most part play an entertaining brand of futba.....Having said that this was another one of those games. Aldergrove fought hard and there where plenty of chances for both teams to be up at the half (too bad Aldergrove's #10 couldn't finish a clear break away that 3rd string goalie Danny "give me da gloves" Christie took in the belly, point blank). PA struck first with a knock in, off a scramble from a bullet shot out of middle field. A PK for Aldergrove tied the game. The game went into extra time, sensing the Aldergrove lads where getting tired, PA's gaffer Big "Ian" made a quick sub and brought in Paddy "I'm on the dance floor, you know the score" Moore. Moore having a wee bit more spark than all the other old timers got involved immediately and during a goal mouth scamble, closed his eyes swung his big right leg, striking the ball into the Aldergrove net. With all the PA legends climbing all over him in relief you could him say, "it's a simple game ain't it lads?" Plenty of sore old legs after this one and loads of hop like beverages to easy the pain.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
field closures

It doesn't look good for this weekend, a list of fields not fit to play on this weekend....

A.H.P. Matthews (regular)
Bakerview
Bear Creek S. Practice
Bear Creek W. Practice (Field Events)
Brook side (regular)
C.A.P. #2 (northwest)
C.A.P. Practice Field #2
Cougar Crk (lower regular)
Don Christian (east)
Erma Stephenson
Frank Hurt (west)
Lionel Courchene
N.A.P. S. Casual
North Surrey Lower
Royal Kwantlen (north)
Royal Kwantlen (south)
S.S.A.P. #3, #9
Sullivan (3/4 field)
Unwin - NE (east)
Unwin - NW (Kinvig)
Unwin - SW (west)

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sundays result

PA - 2
Acedemico - 1

This had to be the worst game of the year. Even though the ball did not come out of the Acedemico half for the first 45 minutes, PA was only up 1 at the break. In the second half Acedemico found some legs. They sub in two guys up front that smelt like two Crown Royal Whiskey bottles. Unfortunately, Chalkie bumped into one of these guys in the box and the plumber went down like a brides panties on her wedding night. Acedemico converted the spotter. The game remained tied until olde "Thrilla in Minilla" got his mellon on one to shut up the Acedemico side line. Game, set, match!

Next weeks Cup game is against Giant killers and longest name in the league - Langley United Football Club All Blacks. Should be a good game in South Surrey where the sun always shines.....

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta 1 Mission 0

Great performance by our lads on Friday night. The soccer wasn't pretty cause there wasn't any. I had inadvertently posted in a Premier thread earlier in the day that I was dressing for this game and I guess Mission got wind of it and forefit the game.... :eek:

Oh well onto GEU on Friday in the Cup. Looks like it will be at JO as Albion, I believe, is still closed.

Cheers

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally something to gloat about.

All Blacks went into Friday nights game ready for a battle and received just that. GEU started the game with some very slick passing and stretched the back line for a good 20 minutes. The turning point had to be a magnificent penalty save on Arnie Miers and from that point on the gloves were off. Every player to a man won every challenge and the AllBlack work rate was phenomenal. It reminded me of our name sake the NZ AllBlacks.
A very nice goal from StevieWatts opened the scoring and a beauty of a shot from Wattsy was saved and poked in by the ever present BullyB. :rolleyes:
The icing on the cake was a great finish by BrianGriffiths. The difference on the evening was not only the players but MrSpringett steered the team
from the sideline, making some decisive decisions, something that has been sorely missed this season. To cap off a great evening the lads had plenty of carbonated hop-like beverages at The Rendezvous. :bronco: :bronco:

Next week its a cup tie against those pufta's@PA. Lots of history in this one and a few scores to be settled. ;) :eek:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Surrey United 5 - 1 Aldergrove

This was not a 5-1 game. Aldergrove actually had a great deal of possession, but you have to remember the objective of the game, and that is to score. Our scorers: I got one, as did Ginger, and Spud, and Farquhar, and Reeder.

Aldergrove did well and our keeper, Angelo, had to make some key saves. I think this game demonstrated a rather complacent demeanour from our squad that has to be expected from time to time.

5-1 and we were analyzing the game to no end in the changeroom. Weird game! Lot's of goals and we were missing Howes and Bey. A win is a win.

I'm supposed to be at training but I am childminding. That's O-35's for ya!:cool:

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Makes me want to stay in Div. 1 next year.

Ranger, you need the O35 league along with the rest of those old bastards you play with..... :D

youngPunk

Feb 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ballbaby said:

This was not a 5-1 game. Aldergrove actually had a great deal of possession, but you have to remember the objective of the game, and that is to score. Our scorers: I got one, as did Ginger, and Spud, and Farquhar, and Reeder.

Aldergrove did well and our keeper, Angelo, had to make some key saves. I think this game demonstrated a rather complacent demeanour from our squad that has to be expected from time to time.

5-1 and we were analyzing the game to no end in the changeroom. Weird game! Lot's of goals and we were missing Howes and Bey. A win is a win.

I'm supposed to be at training but I am childminding. That's O-35's for ya!:cool:

Very true.. and us (Aldergrove) have that problem alot, we get our chances but we fail to finish. We were missing a few key players, but we have to finish out chances when we get them. Still a great game and both teams played well.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ballbaby said:

I've heard of moonlighting firemen, but Ballbaby's Daddy Daycare is a stretch.

Analyzing the game...what more is there to learn? ;)
You gotta know I wouldn't have anything to add.
It's a simple game really
keep it rollin' boys.

:D :D

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

PA - 1
LUFC All Blacks - 0

The All Blacks are becoming a very good team and are not a gimme as they once where at the start of the FVSL over 35 season. Solid in the back ( they could use a few subs as the All Balck back line ran miles) The mid-field is quite good with several different options to choose from, the front two, well when Wattsie wants to play with the ball and not look for the open man, it hurts them as far a creating chances. There where not many chances in this game and for the most part the game was pretty scrappy. PA squandered a few good chances as did the All Blacks in the last 15 minutes of the game. Again as I have said before a tough game loads of running, the league seems to be better from top to bottom,

Oh, except Surrey United who apparently are the creme de la creme of any Over 35 team. Their record over the past several years says it all.

Aves, I'd have to agree with BullyB. It sounds like you miss playin with the old SU boys so much you've reverted back to touchin yourself in an un-natural fashion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0