Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL Masters Cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tactically Inept

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, I'll post a correction, although it pains me to do it - looks like Yoda's been on the beer already!

It was actually Poco 3 PA Rangers 0. Three goals in the first 20 minutes and then we played shut-down and did a pretty good job.

I'd like to say we had loads of chances and that we almost came back, but no such luck. They hemmed us in for the remainder of the game, our keeper saved a penalty and we managed to play some decent defence and kept the 3-0 score - we were happy with our performance.

I'm sure Poco expected an easier time and we were happy not to oblige.
Cheers

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, I'll post a correction, although it pains me to do it - looks like Yoda's been on the beer already!

It was actually Poco 3 PA Rangers 0. Three goals in the first 20 minutes and then we played shut-down and did a pretty good job.

I'd like to say we had loads of chances and that we almost came back, but no such luck. They hemmed us in for the remainder of the game, our keeper saved a penalty and we managed to play some decent defence and kept the 3-0 score - we were happy with our performance.

I'm sure Poco expected an easier time and we were happy not to oblige.
Cheers

whatever...

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU Ranger 0 Castilians 3. A victory is a victory. They seemed quite happy with the result, for us it was uninspired. 85 minutes was spent in their half. One time the ball went over our end line and I think they celebrated like it was a goal. Anyways, the group is done - next week means nothing. By the way Yoda missed a pk. No idea why the coach called him out to take it. The regular guy has taken over a hundred pk's and never missed.

JTL

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not sure but it looks like South Delta just got knocked out of the cup by the lowly Athletics. Nice victory Dude. I am wondering why you have not posted yet as that is surely the biggest victory in Athletic history.

JTL

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was a much improved Peace Arch team last night. They played very and were much better than the last time we played. Other than one of their subs running off to puke there was not muchto report from the game.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not sure but it looks like South Delta just got knocked out of the cup by the lowly Athletics. Nice victory Dude. I am wondering why you have not posted yet as that is surely the biggest victory in Athletic history.

JTL

I am not sure about that. If South Delta beats PAU and they all beat White Rock then that division will finish with 3 teams that have 2 victories and each having lost to one of the teams they are tied with. So that sets up the MOTW next week - PAU vs South Delta. PAU win and they are through with 3 wins but if South Delta wins its a 3 way tie - all assuming Langley beat White Rock.

What is the order of tie breakers?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think at best we're looking at a three way tie atop the group, and that is assuming we can win next week.

Great game, one of the most enjoyable of the year, so far as hard play, battling. Lots of hard tackles both ways...nice not to have the ear bleeding bitching and moaning Poco brings.

Fat Monkey- go piss up a rope and suck the wet end you two faced ****.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta must have been missing a bunch of players. There is no way the LOWLY non-Athletics could have beaten them otherwise.

JTL

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently that big win didn't cheer Dude up one single bit.

Who'd you have in net?

As for the PK, the keeper made a phenomenal save. Heard he played pro in the EPL last year. Really an amazing save he made..........if you ask me :rolleyes:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who'd you have in net?

:)

JTL:
South Delta could have been a bit short and missing #'s but all the good players that I know were there for them.
Maybe they took us a bit light after the 1st humping they gave us and also in all fairness to them they did have a lot of the possession last night.
That said, my back line played fcuking great and Carl bagged two really nice goals for us.
We were smart and organized and it was a lot of fun out there.

South Delta is an extremely classy team and without a doubt a great addition to the league.
Well done lads.

We are quite happy to have for once come out of a match relatively injury free and didn't have guys dropping like flies in the last 10-20 minutes which has killed us this year since I've joined anyway.
The only injured reserve at this point appears to be Utah with a severely torn uterus and bruised ovaries.

Cheers,
RF

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF....I imagine the pints tasted alot better after the game than previous weeks:D Even your ole buddy Taxman's team managed a win this week:eek: Sorry I can't say the same for Coach and Regs:(

Cheers!

Cheers to all you weiners...I mean winners:D

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What would make you say that about the pints Scotty?

:rolleyes:

Bastage... :D ;)

Fcuk me it gets worse for us though.

Utah's updated to pulling his clitoris also.
BillyBoy's now icing his temper.
And Dude's bottom lip has swollen afterwards today to the size of my waistline.

He'sonlysingingwhenhe'swinningforever

:bronco:

Ladnerdad

Oct 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have to give Langley full credit for doing what they had to do to gain the victory. We did not have our shooting boots on last night and it cost us. We had a bunch of opportunities early and could not put one away. They got their first after a corner where the ball was poked out of the danger zone in from by one of our d-men but #16 collected it in a wide position and put it top corner. We got ours before the half on a quality strike by Huddy.
Second half we dominated possession, but they had one long ball from their back that took a bad bounce for us and #16 was off to the races with another quality finish. Their centre-back did a great job winning a lot of the balls that we swung in, and the few times that he missed, our guys could not get them on net.
Halsey-Brandt wasn't there with his top-end speed that really opened up their D in the last game, and we should have done better at adjusting to the way the ref was calling the game (too many guys were looking for calls that didn't come).
Langley played an very determined game defensively (one of our players commented that he had never seen so many slide tackles on a turf field before), and took full advantage of having a ref that let them play a "hard" game. I know I certainly have not been knocked down that many times in a game in a long time, especially one where I didn't get any free kicks out of it.
Guess this wil make the Peach Arch game a whole lot more meaningful next week.

BILLY BOY 11

Sep 13, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
What would make you say that about the pints Scotty?

:rolleyes:

Bastage... :D ;)

Fcuk me it gets worse for us though.

Utah's updated to pulling his clitoris also.
BillyBoy's now icing his temper.
And Dude's bottom lip has swollen afterwards today to the size of my waistline.

He'sonlysingingwhenhe'swinningforever

:bronco:

It seems to make me play better..:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0