Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters Div 1] 2013/14 Predictions, results & banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right, I didn't even check - bloody Sniffer...Real fixtures are:
Langley V Rapids
Rangers v SSFC
Aldergrove v Dominion
Thunder V Surrey Utd
Legends V Abbotsford. Still not picking Arsenal!

A couple of fixtures changed then from when they were first posted!!

Will go for Surrey over Thunder & Legends over Abbotsford

Going to be a competitive season...looking forward to seeing everyone on the field!

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coastal Rangers 0 South Surrey 4..I might have called that result...but probably the only time this season...Rangers are a great bunch of guys...onto Langley Rangers next week!!

soccerbuddy

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow! You aren't kidding, 2 Pk's in 10 mins for 50/50 balls in the box. Credit to Arsenal, They were by far the better team on the day. The ref was tragic for both teams.

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Make sure your team managers are filling out the ref assessment forms after the games, the ref you had was poor in the game i watched Saturday night too.

Tactically Inept

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quite right Sniffer....we should all make sure to do this as was discussed at the league meeting. It's the only way the league can get proper feedback and make any necessary changes.
Also discussed was the fact if you make only one report in the season just because you felt the ref was bad, don't expect it to mean anything to the league - fair position I think.

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
So this weeks schedule & predictions

Dominion V Legends - Dominion win
SSFC V Langley - SSFC win
Surrey V Aldergrove - Surrey Win
Abby V Coastal Rangers - Abby win
Rapids V Thunder Rapids win

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another good game from a spectator's standpoint last night at South Surrey.
Beautiful weather too until the fog came in near the end.
Great atmosphere for some footy and both teams delivered.

LFC 2 - SSFC 1

Felt most of the game was even in possession, corners, etc. with us finishing more of our chances in the end.
We had deep numbers for the second week in a row, fcuking fantastic, and great goalkeeping again.

I thought their keeper had a great game too and robbed Fergy on a couple of counter attack breakaways we had.
Sniffer/Tactically Inept/Ajax's side will for sure take points off of teams this season and will be a club to reckoned with again this year.

We got punted by the Mounties though just at the start of our second pint out at the north gravel parking lot behind Softball City, which is usually a perfect little place to hang out after at.
They were really cool though and the hurt went away the minute I pulled up at the Cactus Club 10 minutes later.

Good game boys and cheers,
RF

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-2 vs Aldergrove. SU with 8 yellows, two to Hoss for a red. Zero to Aldergrove but then again, they didn't deserve any. Night before, same referee in open premier match, 2 reds 6 yellows. Very unfortunate for this official to get scheduled so many poor teams with poor attitudes in back to back games. o_O

Nice of Aldergrove to go up to official and state openly that the throw-in he reversed in their favor was wrong, and they threw it back to us. Good on the Aldergrove team! This game was so clean and sportsmanlike. I have no idea how this official lost the plot. Not all the yellows were for yapping either.

In any event, the teams behaved and we are all chuckling afterward and will utilize for future banter over beers.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One observation- many judge the speed and manner players move as whether they are watching a Masters game or an Open game. In my opinion, it is clearly defined in the manner Masters players fall. Even physics cannot amply explain. This is not a pleasant sight.

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The reffing seems to be the topic lately and will it ever change? Kinda doubt it. We had Torb today and when he refs its like he thrives on being grumpy and uncooperative. He slowed down the game so many times to write notes in his book after every card given when all he has to do is jot down the players # down! Rant complete.:cigar:

Tactically Inept

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
He slowed down the game so many times to write notes in his book after every card given when all he has to do is jot down the players # down! Rant complete.:cigar:
Yeah, I think we'll both be putting another stellar ref report to the league. They have it tough sometimes reffing in our league, but this was a shocker - he was THE man yesterday, or so his attitude and the number of cards displayed. The game was pretty even and fair - no idea why there were so many stoppages as both sides were completely baffled by a lot of the calls.
Good compete from both sides and Abbotsford won out with my perfect header....into the wrong end :(. Enjoyed the hospitality and the smokeys from the Arsenal and looking forward to playing them back home with at least one sub this time.

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, I think we'll both be putting another stellar ref report to the league. They have it tough sometimes reffing in our league, but this was a shocker - he was THE man yesterday, or so his attitude and the number of cards displayed. The game was pretty even and fair - no idea why there were so many stoppages as both sides were completely baffled by a lot of the calls.
Good compete from both sides and Abbotsford won out with my perfect header....into the wrong end :(. Enjoyed the hospitality and the smokeys from the Arsenal and looking forward to playing them back home with at least one sub this time.

Yes, the game aside from the reffing was good and props to you guys playing a full 90 with no subs, you never let up and made it exciting near the end. We are looking forward to the rematch and the eats afterward! ;)

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The reffing seems to be the topic lately and will it ever change? Kinda doubt it. We had Torb today and when he refs its like he thrives on being grumpy and uncooperative. He slowed down the game so many times to write notes in his book after every card given when all he has to do is jot down the players # down! Rant complete.:cigar:

Sorry Megr, Bradner probably put him in a bad mood for you. We had him Sat. afternoon, he let the other team sub on everyone of our throw-ins and when we asked for one he declined when I guestioned him about it ( R U kidding me ) I got a yellow. Pretty sure he still hates us all from high school science class.

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another good game from a spectator's standpoint last night at South Surrey.
Beautiful weather too until the fog came in near the end.
Great atmosphere for some footy and both teams delivered.

LFC 2 - SSFC 1

Felt most of the game was even in possession, corners, etc. with us finishing more of our chances in the end.
We had deep numbers for the second week in a row, fcuking fantastic, and great goalkeeping again.

I thought their keeper had a great game too and robbed Fergy on a couple of counter attack breakaways we had.
Sniffer/Ajax's side will for sure take points off of teams this season and will be a club to reckoned with again this year.

We got punted by the Mounties though just at the start of our second pint out at the north gravel parking lot behind Softball City, which is usually a perfect little place to hang out after at.
They were really cool though and the hurt went away the minute I pulled up at the Cactus Club 10 minutes later.

Good game boys and cheers,
RF

RF, yep a good hard fought game, Langley are a tougher team this season than last for sure...good luck with the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0