Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters Premier Division] Predictions, Results, & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
No. 10 or more days it's a change that has to be played, you cancel it's a forfeit. Less than 10 days, team has option to cancel and it's a postponed game only. I believe that's how it works. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

As for complaints, again he is not the sole viewer of these types of team to team emails so it would be hard for him to do this without the collusion of others from other clubs and divisions on the executive. Where there's smoke can also be someone blowing smoke up your ass. Jus' sayin'
So a change that happened 11-12 days before should have been a forfeit if I read that correctly. For a group of guys to be that pissed off, I am pretty positive they are right this time around. Maybe it didn't have to do with TM but coincidence

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He was also president of the league until they told him that position couldn't take money. So they shuffled around a few papers and here we are.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's go with coincidence, for my previously stated reasons.

Let's agree to disagree that they got screwed by the rules. Could PoMo have played? Possibly.
Are they just pussies for not playing?
Likely.
Is it the end of the world?
Not that I'm aware of
Is it FVSL Masters?
Most definitely.

Carry on

ASSMAN

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
So a change that happened 11-12 days before should have been a forfeit if I read that correctly. For a group of guys to be that pissed off, I am pretty positive they are right this time around. Maybe it didn't have to do with TM but coincidence
Look.. There is no chance we were aware of this change 11 or 12 days before the game was to be played.. If this is the case why wasn't it posted on the website since we would have no say about it. We as a team are not the type of guys to pull antics like this. We have played many games this year with 11 guys sometimes 10. So if you have a problem with TM and the way he favors Port Moody (according to you) take it up with him. Maybe he can clarify this for you and you can move on! On to North Delta on Friday unless we decide to postpone it...Just because we can:)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FWIW I always thought there needed to be a bit more leniency in granting postponements, especially for Masters. I don't know what the solution is, because it also can't be open season, either. 12 days seems reasonable (and I guess within some boundaries of set rules?); I don't know if allowing one team a "mulligan" per year is even a realistic solution, because that then causes a whole heck of a lot of shuffling around to re-work the schedule.

So...willing to give this one a pass, TM link to team or not.

That being said, the Admin position is not a volunteer position, it is compensated. I doubt whoever holds that job is getting rich, and there could even be a case to say it's not even worth it. Not sure I'd find it worth it, a lot more easier ways to make 20 or 30 or 40K, or whatever it is.

I must be maturing, too...a post in defense of TM. Fcuk me, where's my Irish coffee?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd hazard a guess that fielding complaints like the one above, from the dozen or so leagues every weekend wouldn't be worth the compensation. Not to mention field closures, referee and linesman scheduling and rescheduling etc etc.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FWIW I always thought there needed to be a bit more leniency in granting postponements, especially for Masters. I don't know what the solution is, because it also can't be open season, either. 12 days seems reasonable (and I guess within some boundaries of set rules?); I don't know if allowing one team a "mulligan" per year is even a realistic solution, because that then causes a whole heck of a lot of shuffling around to re-work the schedule.

So...willing to give this one a pass, TM link to team or not.

That being said, the Admin position is not a volunteer position, it is compensated. I doubt whoever holds that job is getting rich, and there could even be a case to say it's not even worth it. Not sure I'd find it worth it, a lot more easier ways to make 20 or 30 or 40K, or whatever it is.

I must be maturing, too...a post in defense of TM. Fcuk me, where's my Irish coffee?
How about in the $60K - $70K region?

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
How about in the $60K - $70K region?

Does that include the kickbacks to postpone games for certain teams? Sure makes the salary I took to run the AMSL for a couple of years look a little small.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does that include the kickbacks to postpone games for certain teams? Sure makes the salary I took to run the AMSL for a couple of years look a little small.
There were no funds left for you after Herb was paid out for reffing 90% of the games :)

No bumming for everyone else but for you... bend over.

:)

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sure makes the salary I took to run the AMSL for a couple of years look a little small.

In 2015, female full-time workers made only 80 cents for every dollar earned by men, a gender wage gap of 20 percent. Women, on average, earn less than men in virtually every single occupation for which there is sufficient earnings data for both men and women to calculate an earnings ratio.

I'm not calling you a woman but because it was a mixed Gender league the pay difference was probably justified based on 2015 data.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alright Gentlemen and Port Moody (pussies)

Although we haven't played in a few weeks, it Christmas Break time
Here's the standings up to the end of week 15 with many makeup games to come in the new year:

B Masters Premier - Fraser Valley Soccer League
1 - - SFC Temple United A 11 8 1 2 33 16 17 25
2 - - North Delta SC Rangers 11 7 3 1 26 14 12 24
3 - - Coastal FC Peace Arch 10 6 2 2 20 11 9 20
4 - - PMO Rangers FC 10 5 3 2 28 18 10 18
5 - - South Surrey FC 12 3 3 6 20 25 -5 12
6 - - Westcoast FC Milan B 12 2 4 6 14 29 -15 10
7 - - Delta United 12 2 3 7 13 28 -15 9
8 - - Surrey United 12 2 1 9 17 30 -13 7

Temple lighting up the season after a rough season last year. Not sure what's changed but they've got it going on right now. So much so that 1 postponement of a game and they've got players from other teams are complaining about it.

North Delta as usual on a steady pace to fight for the league championship and tough as always

Coastal every week is a battle for everyone, but pushing to reach top spot, but they're focus is likely on the Masters Cup where they always impress.

PoMo despite match fixing, league favours, illegal players, and underinflated balls are not having their strongest start, but once healthy and numbers improve on the field and bench, they'll be back on top I'm sure.

South Surrey, as one of the two newcomers to the league, has had a great start and are proving they deserve a place here in the Premier Division

WestCoast started off good but numbers and inuries have hampered their last few weeks. They're hoping the weeks off will heal all ailments and will no longer get the "ribbing" they've received so far this season.

Delta has dropped off this season from top of the table to bottom. There are lots of games to go but a lack of scoring and keeping the ball out of the net could be a problem for the whole season.

Surrey United moved a few places down the table to last and need to get a few points to get out of relegation. If there were such a thing they would need to be concerned

See you all in the new year. Happy Holidays and enjoy your season festivities.

Your friendly (usually) moderator,

Yoda

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has anyone seen the Masters cup draw yet?
I saw something on twitter that the draw had been done a couple of weeks ago but haven't seen an email or anything on the website.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well masters allstar out I guess they couldn't find anyone's name on a team that's fourth or below besides WH. South Surrey no player on list, no delta, both pomo tenders. Pretty sure south surrey's winger should be on the team. Anyways my 2 cents but you know I'm right.

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well masters allstar out I guess they couldn't find anyone's name on a team that's fourth or below besides WH. South Surrey no player on list, no delta, both pomo tenders. Pretty sure south surrey's winger should be on the team. Anyways my 2 cents but you know I'm right.[/QUOTE

Agreed, i might be biased but also think South Surrey's keeper should be there .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0