Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL Masters Re-alignment

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With the games frequently having scores get out of hand, the FVSL clearly needs to tier the Masters Division. They have said that they plan to have a ten team "Premier Division" with the rest forming a Div. 1. That would only work if more competitve teams join this summer. If the teams remain the same as they are now, it should be 8 and 8.

This should be the FVSL Premier Division IMO (alphabetically).

Aldergrove
Delta United
Mission
North Delta
Peace Arch FC
Peace Arch United
Poco Castilians
South Delta

The only exception could possibly be the GEU Thunder, who I admit to not haven't seen yet this year. They may edge out Aldergrove.

After recently beating White Rock and Abbotsford by 7 & 8 respectively, I would rule them out.

Discuss

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why would they not make an even split of 8 and 8?
Do they plan on adding 4 new teams to make it 10 and 10?

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gotta agree fully.Those are the top 8,although it would be nice to have 10 teams.Competitive games week after week are the key.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think they'd initially planned to have 10 due to rumblings of another 3 or 4 teams to join, which would slot right into the lower tier. Thus, top 10 forms the higher.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes you can play Div. 3 and Masters. I am not sure why you would want to but if you sign to Masters you can play for any team in your club and if you sign for Div. 3 the same thing holds true.

I know that Dewdney are adding a Master's team for sure but also heard they may merge with GEU. 10 team premier is better, playing each team twice. If you only have 6 or 7 teams left play each other 3x. Looks like Langley will have two teams in Div. 1. That's too bad.

JTL

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes you can play Div. 3 and Masters. I am not sure why you would want to but if you sign to Masters you can play for any team in your club and if you sign for Div. 3 the same thing holds true.

I know that Dewdney are adding a Master's team for sure but also heard they may merge with GEU. 10 team premier is better, playing each team twice. If you only have 6 or 7 teams left play each other 3x. Looks like Langley will have two teams in Div. 1. That's too bad.

JTL

Thanks JTL,

We own BC United FC and could possibly expand to Masters. I guessing 2-3 years if we can put a competitive team together. Depends on when we promote and how long I can put off gaining weight.:eek:

Who do you play for?

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks JTL,

We own BC United FC and could possibly expand to Masters. I guessing 2-3 years if we can put a competitive team together. Depends on when we promote and how long I can put off gaining weight.:eek:

Who do you play for?

I play for the mighty Castilians. Steppy, the Rangers already have a Master's team but they don't play in Surrey anymore.

JTL

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't see how a Div 3 team could compete with the top 12 Masters teams.
Better to stay where you are or join with another team.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey Heat were an average Div. 3 team last year and look what they've been put through this season.

Most people think that once you step into a league that has 35 and older players only, it'll get easier. But most guys who continue to play competitively into their late 30's and early 40's tend to be the ones that can play at a decent level (Dude notwithstanding).;)

If 4 new teams join, I disgaree with automatically slotting them into a lower division and having them earn their way up. Poco, North Delta and South Delta would have fallen into that category this year and only one or two of them would have been able to be promoted. Would Abbotsford or White Rock be happy getting beaten fairly regularly in premier while a "new" team is cleaning up in the lower division?

Most of the time, teams are moving up from an open division into Masters. The league simply needs to look at their division and their record before deciding upper or lower divsion. If a team is starting from scratch, then they should definitely be placed in the lower tier.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
FM:But most guys who continue to play competitively into their late 30's and early 40's tend to be the ones that can play at a decent level (Dude notwithstanding).;)

Don't forget about us OVER 45's who are still playing competively with you young bucks:D....and must admit it's hard chasing down someone who's 13 yrs younger:eek:....but it's still fun:wa:

Cheers!

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't see how a Div 3 team could compete with the top 12 Masters teams.
Better to stay where you are or join with another team.

No, our Div.3 team will be moving up. The plan was to make a new team.
Thats why I asked if you could play both divisions.

I do agree that the masters is more competitive than div.3, although we have played the GEU Thunder and beat them.

Cheers:D

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACTUALLY, the rangers masters are currently in div 1 with 1 guy under 30 lol. NDU is not the rangers masters

Best of luck in the 2nd tier of masters footy - hope you win promotion to come play with the big boys 2 years from now :D

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
All 16 teams in the FVSL Masters where told that the top10 would stay up and form the Masters Premier. We already have a few more teams wanting to enter the Masters league but they will have to start in div 1.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
At this rate, we're going to have 3 tiers of Masters soon and Premier and Div1 will be very weak. Hope theres some decent youth teams coming up to fill in these holes.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What?

Back in the day, when you only needed to be 30, the old guys moved on earlier, and made room for the young guys on the cusp. Premier and 1st was better then.

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
The league needs to expand the Masters for team like LUFC Clones and Poco Pacifac who are either too scared or not good enough to play the top Masters teams. The 2 mentioned teams are top of their division( 3a +3b ) and have both denied promotion.

These teams could easily compete in a div.1 Masters and make room for teams that should promote through div.3.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0