Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] - Results and Banter Oct '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, Bully being an old Langley hand isnt so forgiving as the rest of us...as noted by the Cold Shower given to JK..at least you are just getting the draft...:D.....I wonder if JK will ever suit up for the AllBlacks again? Id like to start the wagers now..Ill put 10 bucks in saying he doesn't...;)....:wa:

Quote - "Too bad we cant do this twice a year" Indeed....its a crime really...

TLF

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,
I did write a pretty good rant after the game but trashed it and thought I'd better calm down a bit first.

Lets talk about your goal; the ball is somewhere around the half way line, our keeper barks something and the ref blows the whistle. Fair enough, tempers were already high. Then (and this is the best bit) the ref gives you a free kick on the 6 yard line?????? WTF? Thee worse decision I have ever witnessed in 30 years of football.

Also, you guys who refused to join ranks with us because you're just way too good; something about us smelling like an old folks home, can't even field a full team so you pull JK and CK from premier to play an inter club game. That's the weakest thing I've ever heard.

So instead of LUFC having a squad that could quite possibly win it all we have two squads with lots of tension. Well done.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,
I did write a pretty good rant after the game but trashed it and thought I'd better calm down a bit first.

Lets talk about your goal; the ball is somewhere around the half way line, our keeper barks something and the ref blows the whistle. Fair enough, tempers were already high. Then (and this is the best bit) the ref gives you a free kick on the 6 yard line?????? WTF? Thee worse decision I have ever witnessed in 30 years of football.

Also, you guys who refused to join ranks with us because you're just way too good; something about us smelling like an old folks home, can't even field a full team so you pull JK and CK from premier to play an inter club game. That's the weakest thing I've ever heard.

So instead of LUFC having a squad that could quite possibly win it all we have two squads with lots of tension. Well done.

Bully...I’m glad you finally got that off your chest. Frankly, took longer than I thought. I was in fact expecting it week one, but I guess beating NDUA 3-2 put a damper on those grand plans.

BTW…isn't this site called "Takethepiss"? Not "Takeittoheart.bc.org".

Sheesh.

Didn't I mention the ref was to credit for our goal?

Double sheesh.

As for tension...I actually don't feel any from anyone...except you I guess. It doesn’t exactly ruin my day. I think you are kind of all alone in that department. Now, there WOULD have been tension had 9 or 10 guys walked onto your team of already- what- 23? My math isn't so good, but either 9-10 guys get displaced, or 9-10 guys get even less playing time than now. Maybe or maybe not some of our 9-10 guys. Had 4 key players NOT started the year w/ injuries bad enough to keep them out a year, we'd be talking 14 or so guys simply waltzing onto the Ballsack squad uninvited.

Pretty sure our manager explained this to a rep on your squad when he told Frank we were being “cheap” (or something like that), but after Frank actually explained our point of view, he agnowledged it kind of made sense.

I can’t remember the old folks home comment. I hope it was me, because that is actually a good one. Now I know what Andy was getting at. So that’s what’s been pinned up on the dressing room wall for 5 games? That Dude said the Ballsacks smell like an old folks home? Seriously? :D Leave it to you to actually take that personally.

As for Chucky, we've been teammates a long time...he just so happens to be the only one actually capable of playing Premier. Good on him. He said he wanted one more year before turning to Masters, but also said he'd be happy to play anytime on permit if he's available. What would you do? There are plenty of squads in Masters w/ Premier capable players; many of those playing for their club premier squad on permit. Is that weak of those clubs?

Tripple sheesh.

At the end of the year, we may or may not be top 5, or top 10. We may or may not be decimated w/ injuries and number problems. But, we'll have had a blast in training playing w/ the same core group we've had a blast playing together with for the past 4-5 years now.

Weak is taking this site and Masters football too seriously. Add some chili powder, and a dash of sea salt, and make your sauce a bit stronger.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's been over 30 minutes. Why do I feel a cold blast coming on? :D

Bully, let's just have a cold beer after training and man hug it out. Wadaya say?

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
O God...I cant stand the suspense!!...Im waiting too..!! :D

Head Butts, Traitors, Good Hair, Bad Reffing, Suspense, Cold Showers and Man Hugs!!! Fcuk me this Derby has it all!! The rest of the Masters Derby wannabees can just walk off the pitch right now...Langley has you beat hands down! Well, with the exception of Popbitches P.A. Crew...those clogs and pink guess shirts are formidable...:cool:

TLF

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK,Dude, I'm over it!
It's amazing what my olde Ma's colde remedy can do for your disposition.
Whiskey, hot water and sugar; add more whiskey per dose.:knvb:

Actually I was really enjoying the game until that useless POS ref ruined the whole night. RJ, George and Chucky are all classy dudes and we were having a good olde banter during the festivities. Just pissed about the injustice of the whole thing. I'm from Lancashire and we tend to take footy quite seriously!:rolleyes:

PS I've taken Koeler off my Xmas card list.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a fun game. If he hadn't ruined it for you, something else would have. Alah, Jesus, and Budah each had this down as a 1-1 tie all along.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is a bit of an advantage to NDUA as they won't have Jet Lag gettin to the game.
Christ, how far do we have to go to play a soccer game?

haven't had a home game in a while!

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Definitely match of the week goes to Delta vs Mission. A must win for both teams particularly Mission who have already dropped 5 points. A loss or a tie for Mission puts them out of contention for league title and possibly and most likely a provincial birth.

JTL

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A loss or a tie for Mission puts them out of contention for league title and possibly and most likely a provincial birth.

JTL

That is a good point. Provincial berth is tough to come by for FVSL Masters, 16 teams make it and apparently only (3) from the valley. There will be some good Valley teams on the outside looking in.

Acid Tongue

Feb 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking forward to Friday night.

Hard to say what will happen with some players injured and away this weekend. No excuses we know they are a top team who are probably missing some players as well.We will be up for the challenge and are looking forward to the game with whatever lineup we dress ,should be an enjoyable game.

By the way this is game four for us in an over 35 "Masters" league. No disrespect intended to some of the really good players playing in this league but the majority of players are forty plus years old who are just trying to keep fit (and I use that term lightly)playing the game and being part of a team with their mates for as long as they can.All our players who dress will play and all of our players will stay and have a bbq and big boy pops together after the game win or lose.

I'm really not sure if the other teams out there think we have our priorities straight or not?????????

Cheers and good luck this weekend!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He's trying to say you are all try-hards and NDUA are the best coed team ever assembled :D

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He's trying to say you are all try-hards and NDUA are the best coed team ever assembled :D
Nicely done.

Acid Tongue, Oprah would be so proud. Here's to fair play and inclusion!!

Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya;
Oh, Lord, kumbaya.
Someone's cryin', Lord, kumbaya;
Oh, Lord, kumbaya.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking forward to Friday night.

Hard to say what will happen with some players injured and away this weekend. No excuses we know they are a top team who are probably missing some players as well.We will be up for the challenge and are looking forward to the game with whatever lineup we dress ,should be an enjoyable game.

By the way this is game four for us in an over 35 "Masters" league. No disrespect intended to some of the really good players playing in this league but the majority of players are forty plus years old who are just trying to keep fit (and I use that term lightly)playing the game and being part of a team with their mates for as long as they can.All our players who dress will play and all of our players will stay and have a bbq and big boy pops together after the game win or lose.

I'm really not sure if the other teams out there think we have our priorities straight or not?????????

Cheers and good luck this weekend!

Acid, we are also looking forward to the game - that is Poco vs NDAU if we are talking about the same game. We fully expect this game to be the toughest game yet - we know you boys have played together for a long time. We feel the exact same way, it's all about playing with friends and having fun. We are mostly there for a bit of exercise and a few pints as well. All players always get in for us (that's if they want to because some don't) as well and injuries and work commitments are starting to get in the way for us - I don't think we have started with the same midfield yet.

Anyways good luck and lets have a jolly good time tomorrow night. Maybe there will be a few extra weenies on the barby for us.

Cheers.

Mark

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BullyB, well done on the rant...too bad you pulled back after that long novel of dudes....

dude, i couldn't stay awake long enough to read that absolute drivel...

TLF, you are still a fence sitter I see..."we love you, we miss you, XOXOXO"

allblacks / LUFC seems like a good old feud to me :rolleyes: better than PAU vs PAU vs PAU vs WR feud:p

:bronco::knvb::wa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0