Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] - Results and Banter Oct '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sure, but if you try to stick Dolie in the net more than once, he will be playing for a different team. I think it falls under the category of Binder Dundat

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It appears that #16 Sikh stole a point from #3 Peace Arch FC last night.

2-2 tie. Nice work!

South Delta continues to roll with an 8-0 stomping of PA Rangers.

Acid Tongue

Feb 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Better late than never!

Can't really add much to what was said apart from the ref,officiates like he used to play. Mark Thomas was the ref did a pretty good job. He let the game play and there were some pretty hard tackles from both teams that might surprise a person if they watched this over 35 masters game. On a positive it was a game that was easy on the ears and didn't have a lot of wining and moaning. Parno got quite a chuckle from the sideline with his bulldozer shout, had to be there.

Good after party and I would like to say we out drank them but I'm a little cautious laughing at them for leaving earlier than us because the last time I did that the other team pointed out they didn't leave to go home they went to the Roxy. Some of these bastards looked young enough too!

Cheers,
Think we deserved a point but oh well Looking forward to the next clash with Poco but for now Road Trip coming up to Mission. Lets rent a party bus!

90 MIN

Nov 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
And from the second of three White Rock - Peace Arch derbies

White Rock 1 - PAU 0

WR scored about 30 min in off a deflected ball, but had the majority of

chances anyway, 2nd half saw PAU create some pressure but the back line

for WR had none of it. Again should have been 2 or 3 nil ,just unlucky.

Beautiful save from WR keeper late to preserve and hold on to a much

deserved 3 points.

Up next, the final installment of the White Rock derby PA Rangers

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll get this outta the way nice and early:

Aldy 3, LUFC Athletic 0.

Ask anyone on Aldergrove: one way traffic for 80 minutes, with the exception of a lone foray into our area at about 15. Off a corner kick, one of theirs gets a head on it, and found its way into the back of the net. Typical of our season, we have been finding ways to allow one really weak goal against early to put us under pressure.

For the rest of the 1/2 and 35 of the 2nd, we camped out in their end, and were effing ter-ri-ble inside 18 yards. I took a PK at about 40 in the 1st, keeper made a great save, and I also had an open volley from about 8 when I snuck in behind the defense, and he managed to get his paddles on that too.

Several other guys besides me bottle chances too...but those two hurt, as they would have both changed the tides, and gotten a huge monkey off our backs.

Last 10 was an indication of us pushing 10 guys forward, and them getting 2 on counters.

We are not nearly as bad as our record shows, but this is getting old. We need finishing, and we need to bear-down on chances. I put this one on my back, as I should have finished both the PK and my golden opportunity. But, fcuk me...we have to be better in the 1st 20 minutes than we've been starting.

Terrible. Gutted. Fcuk off, I'm busy.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, did you guys really expecct any better for your first year in the league?
I am sure we have all lost games 3 bagel that we should have won:rolleyes:

Some interesting games again this weekend.

Delta United LUFC Athletics Holly TURF
I thought LUFC might put up a fight but I am second guessing that

Mission FC North Delta Utd Alumni Mission Sportsplex
Which Mission team shows? NDUA are a good team at home but this is a bit of a commute for them.

White Rock Utd Peace Arch Rangers Sth Surrey TURF #10
WRU in a cakewalk

GEU Thunder Peace Arch Utd Albion Park
Winner of this game could vault to 5th place with a well placed tie or unexpected loss.

Sikh Temple Utd Surrey Heat Newton TURF #1
Do even the starting eleven for these (2) teams care what happens?

Peace Arch FC South Delta FC Sth Surrey Park #8
First loss of the year for South Delta - I think so.

Another bye for Poco, happy to play 1 game in 3 weeks when the weather is perfect for soccer!!!

PS: NDUA should outdrink Poco with a home game, let's see how long you stick around in Mission this friday night? We do try to make a good showing with the drinking comp after each game, but a 9:00PM start has me home in Maple Ridge after midnight, and that is after a quick shower and only a couple of pops.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta FC

I wandered by Winskill Friday night to catch the PA Rangers vs South Delta game. PA looked awful and South Delta wasn't much better.

Sure South Delta are 6-0 but they've played nobody.

Over the next 8 weeks South Delta plays:

Peace Arch FC
LUFC Athletics
Aldergrove
Delta
Poco
Mission

plus two other games which they "should" win.

My prediction by Christmas is South Delta have atleast 5 in the loss column and will be placed in the middle of the pack (where they deserve to be) battling for a top 10 position.

two bits......

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, Interesting results for sure...looks like WR and ABBY have improved their lot from last year....at least good to see the competition a bit better this year.

ABBY 3 - Allblacks 2

AllBlacks came out firing with an early 2 nil lead...to be honest, second goal was a phantom peno in the box putting them down to 10 men aswell...hit the post and had numerous chances to bury the game and didnt..credit to ABBY who didnt give up slowly chipping their way back into the game and eventually putting the winner away with about 15 left. Tough result for us but just got to keep on plugging away and hopefully we will start to get some bounces.

TLF

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: South Delta FC

I wandered by Winskill Friday night to catch the PA Rangers vs South Delta game. PA looked awful and South Delta wasn't much better.

Sure South Delta are 6-0 but they've played nobody.

Over the next 8 weeks South Delta plays:

Peace Arch FC
LUFC Athletics
Aldergrove
Delta
Poco
Mission

plus two other games which they "should" win.

My prediction by Christmas is South Delta have atleast 5 in the loss column and will be placed in the middle of the pack (where they deserve to be) battling for a top 10 position.

two bits......

This seems to be a pretty popular opinion, if the first 3 on that list don't get em then the last 3 will. The league postioning will be more clear by the end of November.

We (Poco) have another week off this week and NDUA has only played 4 games so we will both be back of the leaders with games played.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, I just have one question. Are you the best man for the job on the spot shot? Normally a proven goal scorer would be one to take those types of shots.

Sounds like you need a finishing practice - if you talk nice to Bored maybe he can come out a run a clinic for your team.

JTL

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No. But the guy who normally take them was not there, and the other 9 wouldn't step up.

Bored: case a beer there for you. Promiss nobody will kick you in the nuts.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No. But the guy who normally take them was not there, and the other 9 wouldn't step up.

Bored: case a beer there for you. Promiss nobody will kick you in the nuts.

9 guys and nobody will step up - that may be part of the problem. Nobody wants to score a goal. We fight over them on our team but the best man for the job usually gets to take them.

JTL

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wait a minute...so what you're saying is that we're having trouble scorring goals because we don't have goal scorrers?

Really?

What would I do without you, Jack Holmes.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 6 Results:
LUFC All Blacks 2 - Abbotsford Brickmen FC 3 (OUCH)
Delta Utd 2 - Mission FC 0 (WOW)
North Delta Utd Alumni 3 - Poco Castilians FC 4
South Delta Utd 8 - Peace Arch Rangers 0
Sikh Temple Utd 2 - Peace Arch FC 2 (Nice work)
Aldergrove Utd 3 - LUFC Athletics 0 (WTF?)
GEU Thunder 4 - Surrey Heat 1
White Rock Utd 1 - Peace Arch Utd 0

After Week 6 Standings:
1 South Delta FC 6 6 0 0 31 4 18
2 Poco Castilians FC 5 5 0 0 15 7 15
3 Peace Arch FC 6 4 2 0 17 6 14
4 Delta Utd 5 4 0 1 12 8 12
5 White Rock Utd 5 3 1 1 14 10 10
6 Mission FC 6 3 1 2 20 8 10
7 GEU Thunder 5 3 0 2 12 8 9
8 Peace Arch Utd 6 3 0 3 19 6 9
9 Aldergrove Utd 6 2 0 4 10 15 6
10 North Delta Utd Alumni 4 2 0 2 9 8 6
11 LUFC Athletics 6 1 2 3 5 14 5
12 Peace Arch Rangers 6 1 1 4 3 25 4
13 Abbotsford Brickmen FC 5 1 1 3 4 12 4
14 LUFC All Blacks 5 0 2 3 8 11 2
15 Surrey Heat 6 0 1 5 3 27 1
16 Sikh Temple Utd 6 0 1 5 6 19 1

This weeks games and Yoda's MOTW pick:
LUFC All Blacks vs Poco Castilians FC - CONFLICT- moved to Feb 12/10
Aldergrove Utd vs Abbotsford Brickmen FC - Parkside Park Sun 10am
Delta United vs LUFC Athletics - Holly TURF Fri 9.15pm
*Mission FC vs North Delta Utd Alumni - Mission Sportsplex Fri 7.30pm
White Rock Utd vs Peace Arch Rangers - Sth Surrey TURF #10 Sun 8.30pm
GEU Thunder vs Peace Arch Utd - Albion Park Sat 7pm
Sikh Temple Utd vs Surrey Heat - Newton TURF #1 Sat 6pm
**Peace Arch FC vs South Delta FC - Sth Surrey Park #8 Sun 10am
(* denotes MOTW)(** denotes a close runner-up)

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Going to be a tough game...NDUA vs Mission...injuries,the flu(H1N1???)...and 5 guys in Las Vegas:eek:...with their respective kids teams:)....stay tuned:D

Cheers!

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All Delta teams have big games this weekend. Games of the week in order:

Mission FC vs North Delta Utd Alumni - Mission beat a depleted jet lagged NDUA team (probably NDUAs last loss of the league)
Peace Arch FC vs South Delta FC - Peace Arch beats South Delta, the first loss in a tough stretch for South Delta
Delta United vs LUFC Athletics - Langley 'dominates' another game only to lose 4-1 falling closer to the lower tier for next year. This loss will result in a record low number of posts from Dude possibly keeping him off the 'air waves' until Langley finally win a game.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know it's killing you. I understand how good it must feel to finally beat us, and for us to have a slow start to the season, too boot. You're giddy. I get it.

The man crush though...it's getting kind of creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0