Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] Results & Banter January 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
NDUA 2-1 over Allblacks.Not pretty, but a gutsy effort from the Langely boys.They started with 10 and battled hard.We just weren't in sync,but pulled it off in the 87th min with a pk by super-sub,Doug M.Very poor officiating by Andy Auger!!...a festive party atmosphere as usual.Thanks AT for all your hard work!!

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was expecting more from the Brickmen with them tying South Delta and losing to Delta United 1-0. Perhaps they were missing some key players. I expect them to bring more to the table next week in the cup game. A few interesting matchups on Sunday with MOTW PAFC vs Delta United. A must win for both teams to stay in contention for the league title. PAFC better hope HOS is available.

JTL

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was a fairly uneventful game today between Delta and Peace Arch.

Delta's keeper seemed a bit suspect today. Said he couldn't see the shot the was curled in the corner from outside the 18 and then pulled out of a 50/50 tackle that give a breakaway for their second goal to clinch it.

No offense to Peace Arch but for a team that isn't overly skilled and doesn't play a fast or high intensity game, every week are getting the job done. Good for them. guess thats a sign of a good "team" as opposed to a couple superstars.

Hopefully they'll be able to do the same against Mission next.

Speaking of Mission, anyone hear their result against South Delta?

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda, why should we be offended by your comments??? Naturally, you are the resident expert regarding over 35 fitba:p
we here at PAFC, just come to play every week, work hard, finish chances, defend, do what we need to do, drink hop like beverages after the match, laugh, enjoy...what else is there?:D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
we here at PAFC, just come to play every week, work hard, finish chances, defend, do what we need to do, drink hop like beverages after the match, laugh, enjoy...what else is there?:D

just running an undefeated season is all, not much. If you can get a win against mission. ;) no pressure.

Agreed, i am no expert, but i found teams like Mission and NDU, who are lower in the table, played a more skilled posession game, but look where that's got them this season. :)

between the pipes

Aug 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission 3 South Delta 2. Mission went up 3-0. South Delta came back with two of their own and had a couple of cross bars as well. Strange one with the lights going out for 15 minutes at the 60 minute mark.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe cuz its 11:30 or because i'm sick, but i'm not sure where you are going with that scotty.
RE:lower in the table

fatnugly

Sep 9, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was a fairly uneventful game today between Delta and Peace Arch.

Delta's keeper seemed a bit suspect today. Said he couldn't see the shot the was curled in the corner from outside the 18 and then pulled out of a 50/50 tackle that give a breakaway for their second goal to clinch it.

No offense to Peace Arch but for a team that isn't overly skilled and doesn't play a fast or high intensity game, every week are getting the job done. Good for them. guess thats a sign of a good "team" as opposed to a couple superstars.

Hopefully they'll be able to do the same against Mission next.

Speaking of Mission, anyone hear their result against South Delta?

Skill is useless if you can't win.
Yoda sounds a little bitter.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For those of you wondering, here's the most updated standings of the FVSL after Peace beat Delta and Mission beat South Delta.
:)

# Team/Points/(Games Remaining)
  1. Poco City FC 35 (2)
  2. Delta United 34 (1)
  3. Peace Arch FC 30 (3)
  4. South Delta FC 26 (1)
  5. North Delta Alum 26 (2)
  6. Mission 24 (3)
  7. Peace Arch United 22 (0)
  8. Aldergrove 18 (2)
  9. GEU 18 (3)
  10. White Rock United 16 (3)
  11. Abbotsford 14 (4)
  12. LUFC Athletics 13 (1)
  13. LUFC All Blacks 11 (2)
  14. Sikh Temple 5 (1)
  15. Peace Arch Rangers 4 (2)
  16. Surrey Heat 1 (0)

alphabet

Nov 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
what happens if two teams are tied at the end of the season. Does the tie breaker in the standings go to head-to-head or total wins?

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It goes head to head and if the two teams tied I think it goes to goals for vs against.

Fatnugly, Yoda has absolutely no reason to be bitter about anything - he is having the season of his career and including preseason his team is riding a 17 game unbeaten streak with only 2 ties. So I think it is safe to say Yoda is a very happy individual, not to mention have you seen the pitats on his Mrs.

JTL

fatnugly

Sep 9, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
It goes head to head and if the two teams tied I think it goes to goals for vs against.

Fatnugly, Yoda has absolutely no reason to be bitter about anything - he is having the season of his career and including preseason his team is riding a 17 game unbeaten streak with only 2 ties. So I think it is safe to say Yoda is a very happy individual, not to mention have you seen the pitats on his Mrs.

JTL

Okay...my bad....Group hug, only I think we'll need a bigger field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0