Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] Results & Banter - March 2005

Best Day To Play

• Sunday @ 10 AM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New month, yada, yada, yada :rolleyes:

In the spirit of keeping with a new poll every month, let's go with the banter than ended last month:

Best Day To Play

Cheers,

~Regs.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PhatNslow,

might we see you out again this year? :confused: inquiring minds want to know? :confused:

If it's a shower you need...well the remedy could be one of the following:

1.) fcuk the shower...drink dirty a sweaty like the rest of us plow hands!
2.) BullyB can give you a sponge bath from the sink! (my personal favorite)
3.) twolefttesticles can rub you down with his Noxema cream??? :wa:

as said before: 5bts loves Grass

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regarding this months vote; I'd have to say turf because there really isn't a grass field out there that’s as flat and true as a turf field. Sure we'd all take a perfectly flat grass field over turf but there aren't any. I'd have to say the best grass field is a toss up between Erma Stevenson and ToeJams head. :p
Nice do ToeJam, did ya get a free bowl of soup with that.

The Langley Oval gets a new $4 MIL stadium this summer, complete with dressing rooms and clubhouse. Maybe then PhatBastard can be coaxed into playing again. Some kids are hard to please :confused: .

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Let's be honest... some of you are too old to remember the last time you played on grass. Like BullyB for instance.

Anyone remember when the Seaman Center was an awesome pitch?

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Bully but the grass fields at Newton are in awsome shape and have hosted the Nationals in the past two years and now the Masters this October.

Regs you can attest to this.

Who ever makes it in October will love the shape of these fields. :p

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers vs Surrey U next friday night on March 11th at 7:45 at Newton.

Cup game that will decide who goes through at number 1 on our side.

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Let's be honest... some of you are too old to remember the last time you played on grass. Like BullyB for instance.

Well you're absolutely right Legs (Although we've seen better legs in a bucket o'chicken.) I haven't gone o'naturale since October 31 against the PoCo Blunder and let me tell you it was shiite! As for this rubbish about RumpRangers and ScUm playing for first and second, AllBlacks may have been thumped by the FireBitches but Scum still needs to beat us.....and you may but don't count your chickens till they're hatched. ;)
If we beat AlderBush next weekend we are even on points and second place will be wide open because Rangers are going to wipe the floor with you lot! :eek:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Might want to check that again... it wasn't me who was counting chickens.

But I can understand why you are so upset.

:D

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reg's
I'm not upset, its all just banter.
I'm feeling a bit burnt out from this season, bring on the sun! :D
I always get a wee bit blue this time of year.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's answer the best question first. Regs you old daffer...playing on old Seaman Center was a first class pitch in it's day and I always looked forward to playing there! :D

As for you old old old BullyB, can't you come up with any other quotes besides,

"Nice do ToeJam, did ya get a free bowl of soup with that." and
"Although we've seen better legs in a bucket o'chicken." seems to me you need to open up your book on commonly used quipes and pick some new material! :p Just because your grumpy and are doin' a wee bit o whinning don't take it out on the rest of us legends.

BTW, BullyB have you seen your own salad? :confused:

As for grass parks there are plenty in the FVSL worth playin on. All us old timers aren't use to playing on the top notch pitches you've seen in your day! ;)

Lookin forward to playing Surrey United on the grass in Cloverdale and rubbin ~regs~ bean durin the big match in a few weeks time!:D

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 4 - Po Co rugby club 0.

Nothing to say except thank god these games are coming to an end.
We played well and did some nice things but Christ are they awkward to play against.
They don't give up and get a peice of you every time you go near the ball.
Bailey with an absolute beauty again started the night rolling.
Barry the horse with two and the game was a done deal.

Surrey U next week and that should be fun.Say what you like but both teams enjoy the rivalry and play a nice brand of football against each other.

How was the Metro Ford - Fireman Over 35 last night.

Gabby's was great and yes my head hurts again.
Was it woth it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Absolutley.

Hos, whose sidline will you be on. And what are the odds going into this game.

Oh yeah, no pizza last light. Just a good old fashion BBQ geeger night.
Yes Zaurrini the real kind :rolleyes: . Thanks Barry and Boiler for the good work.

Friday night special rides again.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
Hos, whose sidline will you be on. And what are the odds going into this game.

Well that is a tough one, all the old SFU boys are with United, but I fancy Ranger football and the way they play. I guess it will all come down to the pints and what sidline they are on ;) .

I am going with Ranger as the early favorite for this one, but it will be close, should be a fun night at the NAP.

Hey coach, you are the man at Surrey FC, any way you can talk to that Pegasus team about showing up stong against Trollers in the coming weeks?

hos

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So do tell us about the Sapp vs All Blacks boys.

Seems there was some good banter about the lead up to this match.

Seems as though Sapp are back on pace and will be difficult to deal with.

Very quiet in the Old Mans League right now. Down right scary. :rolleyes:

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
AllBlacks- nil :(
Sapp - 2

Where do I start? Well how bout with well done Sapperton! AllBlacks carried the play for long periods in the first and second half. Sapperton played well and held there own for the whole game. The oldest man in the league Mark Thomas is fit as a fiddle and along with Andy Keen-O and the whole Sapperton defense... played a whale of a game keeping the AllBlacks off the score sheet. Let's not forget the keeper for his gritty and capable performance. This grimy,stinky old bunch of soccer misfits are quite a handful to play! Always working and tackling hard a very character team. As one Old Timer said a long long time ago, "we couldn't finish our dinner!" Much less, get a good old fashion chance on net. Great social after with the BBQ, BEERZZZZZZZ and a little of the sapperton sweet grass (which I DO NOT take part in I might add) made for another enjoyable Friday Night Special. :D

PhatNslow FYI BullyB was giving sponge baths this week! :eek: :eek: :D making it well worth the late night!

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice report ToeJam. This should be BuddaBoys report; "We dominated all match but were robbed." Actually, AllBlacks put lots of balls in the Sapp penalty area but rarely threatened the Sapp Keeper. Great game Tony!
Sapp had a penalty and one great shot on net...thats it; two goals.

The Sapp bouys also know how to put on a FridayNightSpecial BBQ. The fog is just lifting after many....ahem.....bevies. :cool:
Bit disappointing for us, I'm not sure how we're going to play our remaining 2 cup games and 2 league games in one weekend? :confused:

gameboy

Sep 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I suppose that sapperton should be happy with the victory against the Ballsacks,but we are not happy because we are the shits and we are supposedly all washed up.At least I think that is what Bully had said!Oh well ! At least we have the good barbeque after our matches.Maybe we will take up badminton or something I dont know.Maybe Bully is right ,we should all go golfing ,ya that sounds good,after we finish our cup run.Should be a good Friday nighter,see you fellas then.Gameboy out!!!

Phatanslow

Oct 2, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big match tonight ...Rangers and Surrey Utd.
Should be a beauty !! I am going to predict a Surrey win on PK's.
1-1 at end of regulation.
Both will be moving on in the Cup but I think the Rangers are due for a loss and ,other than pride, this game doesn't really mean much. I know it is for first place but I think it is a toss up as to who to play .. Sapp or PA . Sapp seems to have righted the ship and will be motivated to end the year well and PA are probably sick of being bridesmaids .. So a tough go either way !
Probably the best 4 teams will be in the semi's , the way it should be !!
Good luck to all and may the best team win !!

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't forget our Friday Night Special tonite against the Delta Boys....should be as good a game as the Rangers vs SU don't ya think? :confused:

post game to follow.... :p

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Phatanslow said:
Big match tonight ...Rangers and Surrey Utd.

Can't make it boys! Play well, score goals and beat the Rangers!

checking out,
Aves

go SU :wa:

...I would post 500 times and I would post 500 more...

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
AllBlacks Spring into 4th.

Blah, Blah, Blah, Rangers/ScUm, i love U, U luv me...Bollix to the lot o'ya.

AllBlacks set out to take 4th in a league where the WesternChamps finished 3rd, mission accomplished.

AllBlacks played DMU with 11 vs 13 respectively and for a bunch of overthehillsponsoredbyAdvilGreyhairedbastards(Take a deep breath.) I have to say we ripped it up quite well. 5BigToes was always a handful and DownTownTommyBrown deputized in net for a game that was end to end. As per Masters rules; a fine wine of camaraderie was enjoyed after the match and DMU even splurged for pizza at no cost to U know who.....INTERAC! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0