Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] Results & Banter November/December 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
re: [FVSL Masters] Results & Banter November/December 2009

I love that everyone is so dependant on this site for results.

I have to be honest though, they potted one when we weren't looking. Cheeky bastards.

I have to say that it sucks that the FVSL site doesn't update often enough. ;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

OK, Ok enough with the bounty hunting. JTL had 12 goals in his dreams last night

I also assumed that FVSL site had updated and that people would actually go look there to confirm the results.

Gates park, as i'm sure has been noted in the Crappiest Pitches thread was cleared off by some hard work last night on the Castilians part, but quickly flooded again. And it appeared that the ref had a Canucks game that just couldn't be missed, so the game was called off.

We tried to schedule for tonight at Newton but no field was available.

Once again we have another game called off. If this keeps up, we'll be playing Weeknight games just to get all our games in.

Can everyone put down their pitchforks and stop sharpening their cleats now please?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yoda, nice try.

SMEPR staff have some actual footage of the young Poco side, and of course JTL, in action:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUbqz85gPsA"]YouTube- fernando torres(12 y old) VS A.C. milan....rare video[/ame]

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Don't compare Fernando to JTL, please.

Maybe Freddy Torres, but definitely not Fernando.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

OK, Ok enough with the bounty hunting. JTL had 12 goals in his dreams last night
Can everyone put down their pitchforks and stop sharpening their cleats now please?

Well two seasons ago the mighty Delta beat Abby and White Rock by wide wide margins. I remember leading in one of the games at half time by 6 or 7 and everyone on our squad at each others throats about god knows what in the dressing room....then after the game the same moans from TTP'ERS about running the score up. :eek:

Damned if you do damned if you don't...you show up to play and as the better team you have nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Thanks goodness the FVSL is more like the EPL now as opposed to the VMSL which must be like playing in the SPL. :eek:

HJ

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Spurs beat Wigan 9-1 today. Dafoe got 5. He should have been put in the backline. I can't believe they ran the score up like that. I'm sure everyone's talking about them.

JTL

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Did you see the smug looks from those Tottenham cnuts in the snaps from the game too JTL?
Those fcuking cokcy Yiddos have no 'class' whatsoever...
Dafoe should have been pulled along with Crouch and Spurs should have played with nine men.

:rolleyes: ;)

Speaking of nine men:
Heavy sigh FFS...

PAU 3 - Athletics 2

Ugly game and I'm not just talking about the weather.
It was fcuking wet and miserable though and I'm not just talking about #20's fanny getting all moist and bothered when they went up 3-2 with 5 to go.
Three red cards - Two for us and one for them to round off the pathetic night.
We went up twice in the match and the second goal with 9 men, about 15 to go, ripped by none other than Dude-where's-my-bicycle.
An overhead kick that you know will NEVER EVER happen again. :D
Cracking wee strike though to lift us at that time to then completely shite the bed and let them walk in, dominate the last 10, and finish us off.
Downer...

Cunning Stunt did a great job playing in the pipes for PAU and always a pleasure to see you mate. :)

Did anyone read the provioce today?
Our resident hero, 5bigtoes, with a nice wee bravery medal I must say.
Almost as brave as #20 last night for PAU...:D
That is well done Cal Tradgedy.

Cheers,
RF

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

What a load of rubbish that Province article was. 5BTS told me he went room to room in the burning building looking for his "50 Great Villa Goals" VHS. He woke up the imperiled family looking for the tape. I'd lend you my 50 great Rovers goals but there isn't one.

Nice One Toes; you're our hero!!!

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ranger4ever, BK7, BullyB,

go figure I always thought the TTP community didn't have the smarts to read anything other than posts and banter...:p

thanks ever so much!:eek:

Cal

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

MOTW this week Delta United vs South Delta. The battle for first place.

JTL

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Anyone know what the Abby vs Surrey result was? Alot of Suicide Poolies depend on it. :)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Abby won which is too bad because I could have won outright with a loss :D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I know, that's why i asked. Shear panic set in when i saw the picks for this week.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

5BTS.......knew you always wanted to be a firefighter:eek:

Well done!

Cheers!

Well done Spurs:bronco:...and only the second best drubbing in the EPL.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Poco 3 - Peace Arch 2
We were "average" in the first half and shocking in the second.

Ref lost it early and PA scored on two free kicks. Almost had a third on another.

We'll run from this one and take the points

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Worst referee I have ever seen in my life - both ways. He called one of our guys offside 5 yards in our own half. He was egging guys on to give them cards. He was trying to make a difference - again both ways. The best refs in my opinion are invisible and today, this nutjob was the complete opposite.

Very rusty, not playing a competitive game for a long time. We must be better next week against a strong South Delta team.

By the way Delta 2 - 1 South Delta.

JTL

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Poco 3 - Peace Arch 2
We were "average" in the first half and shocking in the second.

Ref lost it early and PA scored on two free kicks. Almost had a third on another.

We'll run from this one and take the points

Both of you have got to be kidding, PAU show up with 10 men, try to defend against a very quick Poco team, and do OK for about 30 minutes. Poco get a great first goal on a nice run down the touch line and quick cross, goal. Sumner scores a goal of the year on a 30 yard strike into the top corner, then a crap scrample goal to make it 3-0 at the half.

PAU get one more player at half to make a full 11 and the match changes, we get a early goal on a long ball from half way on a knock down to make things interesting. Keep pressing and get a second 15 in on a cracker free kick for the top of the 18, 3-2 and Poco are shocked, so what do they do. Become the dirtiest team in FVSL Masters, some of the tackle and challenges were terrible, from both teams, but mostly Poco, the ref has a word with two players, but nothing comes of it, Poco still plays reckless.

PAU coulda/shoulda have tied it up at the end, but the Poco keeper made a cracker save on a free kick, and then the ref called a off-side on a header that went in, both teams saw no off-side.

Fun game to be apart of, glad I wasn't involved in some of the dirty stuff, still think this Poco team is a little over-rated, perhaps we havn't seen everything they can do, but I know for sure they don't like dealing with the long ball at the back.

Well I get to see them one more time with the PAU Rangers:eek:

hos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0