Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] - Week 4 MOTW

[FVSL Masters] Week 4 MOTW

• Peace Arch Utd - Surrey Heat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aldergrove Utd - North Delta Utd Alumni

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Standings and points to start off:
  1. South Delta 9
  2. Peace Arch FC 9
  3. Delta United 9
  4. Poco Castilians 9
  5. Mission FC 6
  6. GEU Thunder 6
  7. Peace Arch Utd 3
  8. Aldergrove Utd 3
  9. White Rock Utd 3
  10. LUFC Athletics 3
  11. North Delta Alumni 3
  12. Sikh Temple Utd 0
  13. LUFC AllBlacks 0
  14. Abbotsford Brickmen FC 0
  15. Peace Arch Rangers 0
  16. Surrey Heat 0
Last Weeks Results:
Mission FC 7 - Abbotsford Brickmen FC 0
Delta United 5 - Aldergrove 2
Sikh Temple Utd 1 - GEU Thunder 2
South Delta FC 6 - White Rock Utd 2
LUFC Athletics 1 - Poco Castilians FC 2
Peace Arch FC 1 - Peace Arch Utd 0
Surrey Heat 1 - Peace Arch Rangers 1
LUFC AllBlacks and North Delta - DNP?

This Week's matchups:
Peace Arch Utd vs Surrey Heat
LUFC All Blacks vs Mission FC
Delta United vs Poco Castilians FC
Sikh Temple Utd vs Peace Arch Rangers
Aldergrove Utd vs North Delta Alum
GEU Thunder vs South Delta FC
Abbotsford Brickmen vs LUFC Athletics
White Rock Utd vs Peace Arch FC

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MOTW Matchups:

Peace Arch Utd vs Surrey Heat
Unfortunately Surrey will not Heat up this week and will remain winless, unless of course they sign Torres to a contract to score some goals.
5-0 PAU

LUFC All Blacks vs Mission FC
Mission with another kicking of #13 placed team. AllBlacks will remain winless with Surrey.
This is a good opportunity for Mission to get everyone lots of playing time. Maybe that new Laity guy will make an appearance this week! Likely not.
Mission 6,7,or more - LUFC - 0

Delta United vs Poco Castilians FC : MOTW
Second biggest matchup of the season for Poco and Delta's first big game of the year.
Delta will have to bring their 'A' game this week, after being able to get by with a 'B' game for the first few games. Tight game here i think but after holding back against the Athletics i think the Poco forwards will come alive and pot 3 as well as thier first shutout of the season as they welcome back thier starting keeper.
Poco 3 - Delta 0

Two teams with no points yet this season means someone will get something, somehow, maybe? With 1 goal between the two teams this season so far i'll call a draw on this one.
Sikh 0 - PAR 0

Aldergrove Utd vs North Delta Alum
With North Delta only playing 2 games so far and going 1 and 1, i'm not sure how they'll fair against a decent Aldegrove team. I'll give the edge to North Delta though, just because i feel like it.
ND 4 - Aldergrove - 1

GEU Thunder vs South Delta FC
GEU Thunder undefeated as well as South Delta. However both have played only mid to low table teams. Could this be South Delta's first loss of the season?
Both teams seem to have a tight back line so goals will be minimal
GEU 1 - South Delta - 0

Abbotsford Brickmen vs LUFC Athletics
After a tough loss to Poco, Athletics will be looking to right the ship and get their second win of the season. They definately have the potential to take points from teams and without the distraction of bleeding ears and Bored's coif (sp?), they should be able to concentrate and take this one easily
LUAthletics 4 - Abbotsford - 0

White Rock Utd vs Peace Arch FC
Although PAFC is undefeated, a look at their games shows they haven't played any of the stronger teams yet. Beating #15 and #16 and a close one against #7 PAU, likely means their place in the standings will have to be enjoyed for now as it won't hold for long.
This will prove to be a closer game than the #2 vs #9 matchup would have you believe
White Rock 2 - PAFC - 1

Good luck to everyone this week!!!
Yoda

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There really is only one choice this weekend, with the Peace Arch FC game a distant second.

There could still be 3 perfect teams after this weekend. I suppose there could be some major movement in the ranking too (not sure how often that is updated).

Poco is the 5th Ranked Valley team, playing a team ranked well ahead of them. With some minor upsets the ranking could get all turned around.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the Rankings will take a few weeks to sort themselves out, so many new teams and all.

The Poco / Delta match up is very compelling: new contender vs. established contender.

Yoda, thanks for the vote of confidence, and if we can remember how to play on grass, in daylight, sort out our defensive miscues, get some numbers out, and figure out how to score a goal, we may be OK.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two teams with no points yet this season means someone will get something, somehow, maybe? With 1 goal between the two teams this season so far i'll call a draw on this one.
Sikh 0 - PAR 0

Now that is just being mean. ::rolleyes:

BILLY BOY 11

Sep 13, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude;290914 Yoda said:
can remember how[/B] to play on grass, in daylight, sort out our defensive miscues, get some numbers out, and figure out how to score a goal, we may be OK.

On the topic of "can we remember"...

Dude, what are your thoughts about the timing of the Langley substitution? three, maybe four minutes from half-time? Things seemed to be going fine, tied at 0-0....Was somebody hurt? Why not wait til half??

Like your tackles Dude timing is everything...:D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think i read somewhere that they beat the Langley Athletics. That's all i know about them though.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude was telling me that Jack looked very old out there on the pitch the other day and should maybe think of going over 40's ??? He says he's lost his speed and his shot comes off his foot and he doesn't even know where it could end up?

Is this stuff true Jack?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking shite disturber. :D

It's a lie that Girth and I talked, but all the rest is true. The man is prophetic.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude was telling me that Jack looked very old out there on the pitch the other day and should maybe think of going over 40's ??? He says he's lost his speed and his shot comes off his foot and he doesn't even know where it could end up?

Is this stuff true Jack?

Yes it's true. Dude never lies. A very honest man.

Do you play girth?

JTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0