Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier 2005] Pre-Season Games Banter/Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
a couple just graduated high schoolers, and one possibly two still in high schoolers, but they will get most of their time in CAT (or PDD whatever it's called now)

their may be a few players returning that haven't been around for a couple years, and a pick up or two from vmsl, but who knows, it's still the start of August, alot could change before Sep.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont think LMB is leaving the Lions. I don't ever remember him saying that he is leaving. The tall fijian is the only one I know of that had some different thoughts? Joeley, what pickups do you speak of. Did they play for the Lions in the past??

LSD

May 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
especially with NDFC "competing for promotion to the Premier Division", and looking to take their spot, this year as the FVSL website states.
For the record, I don't think that there is one player on NDFC who believes that we will be in the Premier Division next season. Those words came from the mouth of our coach who was trying to attract new players to our team. Who knows what to expect from Div 1 with SUFC, GEU and the Hurricanes all experiencing major changes with their Div 1 teams. First year in Div 1, NDFC's goal should be to finish mid pack and anything above is a bonus.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos said:
Where is the great leader Yoda in all of this? I thought he was to be Captain of this once mighty squad of veterans.
Still on Holidays.
:)
But reading all this is making me want to come home and find out what's going on!

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice to see the GEU camp making headlines once again in pre-season. :D LVL, will we have the pleasure of enjoying your company on the pitch this year in the premier league?

As far as PAU goes, almost all of the team from last year is returning, minus a couple (Red Dragon & Aves). We have added a couple very solid players who both have significant experience playing in the VMSL. We are also very pleased to be adding some much needed youth to the Premier lineup, as a few players will be making the jump from CAT. All in all, I expect we will field a quality side.

Others?

~Skip

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip, is Aves going to the big O? I guess I could ask him myself.

Aves, are you going to the big O35, finally and for good? I fancied you'd stay with the children at least one more.

Is Puller going to be back for the season? I heard rumbling at Nations...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aves, are you going to the big O35, finally and for good? I fancied you'd stay with the children at least one more.
This was answered in another thread. Today even.

I love containers.

:D

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yep, Aves has decided to head to greener pastures......and be the young'en in camp once again. :D His cagey, and steady play will be difficult to replace.

Yes, Puller has been re-acquired. However, with the new salary cap in place, there has been some difficulty in the negotiation process. :D However, our latest offer included a years supply of hair removal product instead of dosh, so I am quite confident we'll reach an amicable agreement.

Also, a slight change in leadership had been initiated by myself in the off-season. We've decided to begin to pass the torch onto younger, more eager players.......I'm delighted to announce Matt Cooper is our new captain.

~Formerly Skip

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:

Knvb, now that I have 3 of my own its time.

Many pints and good laughs with many of the ol' SU guys from the 90's who gathered together at PAU a number of years ago...since then the team has evolved and gained some good players. Thanks for the reprieve in Premier chasing around 20-somethings for 3 years (on the pitch-not in the bars ;)) + winning the league and the Pak (this past season) was a satisfying reward and fun team journey. I enjoyed spending time with all my teammates. I also enjoyed the competitive battle against all the FV premier teams and found the vast majority of players/teams to be honourable and respectful.
Thanks to my friend Cainy for providing the opportunity for a bunch of us to play together again.
Good Luck boys...Make sure you have some quality pints in the cooler when I drop by. :cool:

Cheers,
"deathstar"Aves

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cooper? Fcuk'n hell! What is up with that? PAU half time speeches just went into overtime. Will the ever present question finally be answered though? Who indeed ate all the chicken pies...

Nice one Aves. I thought a Pistol Pete signing was big for the boys but Aves as well will surely spell good news for the us. We just have to get rid of the Reignier numpty and we'll be well on our way.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh on that note...

The Langley training session tonight was across the street from my place so I thought I would catch a look and from what I saw, they looked pretty darn good from front to back. Something like 32 players all looking for spots so it was a bit difficult to tell who was who out there but a late scrimmage had reds (veterans) thump yellows (rookies). When will kids learn eh? The skill displayed was impressive and it was a very well run session. The only thing they're missing was Dude, red bull and someone as great as Copper as Captain. I guess they're stuck with Nukes again.

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
We've decided to begin to pass the torch onto younger, more eager players.......I'm delighted to announce Matt Cooper is our new captain.

~Formerly Skip

Yes it was a surprise to see Skip pass the torch... to a younger...err...fitter....err....guy. :D We're going to contact the league to see whether they can give us 30 minute half-times, Coops might want to have a word or two :p

But seriously though, anyone know where we can find a XXXX-L size Captains arm-band??

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sage said:
But seriously though, anyone know where we can find a XXXX-L size Captains arm-band??

Now Skip can finally be Coops' li'l buddy...

Attachments

• gilligan.jpg
    gilligan.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 37

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN-SUFC has just signed the Birring brothers from Khalsa. Well actually the younger one who is the 3rd highest goal scorer in the VMSL is signed. The older one is at cheers, or blueboy, he will be signed later this week.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
kokanee said:
GN-SUFC has just signed the Birring brothers from Khalsa. Well actually the younger one who is the 3rd highest goal scorer in the VMSL is signed. The older one is at cheers, or blueboy, he will be signed later this week.

Well done Kokanee, those are two very good signings.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
kokanee said:
GN-SUFC has just signed the Birring brothers from Khalsa. Well actually the younger one who is the 3rd highest goal scorer in the VMSL is signed.

Well......shoot!......we should just hand you the League Championship, and Silverware now then I guess, and avoid the hassle of playing all those games. I mean, how can anyone compete with a signing like that!? :D

P.S. Very catch choice or names for the merger....GN-SUFC....nice!

~S

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
Nice to see the GEU camp making headlines once again in pre-season. :D LVL, will we have the pleasure of enjoying your company on the pitch this year in the premier league?

~Skip

Count up all your blessings, hold your breath, looks like the div 7 legend that they call LVL will be making a return.

Definetly looking forward to playing competitive soccer again and embarassing myself.

Think of how pleasant and uplifting the premier/cat threads will be now that I'm back. The collective sleep lost due to anticipation is borderline criminal.

When is the opening weekend? Rex? you must know this.

Geu-Poco Friday 730 Sam Roberts( Rotary Turf)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0