Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL] Premier 2016/2017 - Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nothing I know/have seen about Coastal would have them with any interest in leaving the Valley. Certainly they would never cede control of their men's flagship team from the club. Any merger (VMSL or otherwise) would have to be more a team "coming under the Coastal banner" than a "merger

Apparently there would be a slight name change for one team and coastal would retain control.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The plot sickens.

I like the idea of Coastal linking up w/ Campo. It's got a real "West Side Story" meets "City Mouse & Country Mouse" feel.

Can you imagine what Coastal Athletico could do w/ their roster w/ Coastal money behind it?

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The plot sickens.

I like the idea of Coastal linking up w/ Campo. It's got a real "West Side Story" meets "City Mouse & Country Mouse" feel.

Can you imagine what Coastal Athletico could do w/ their roster w/ Coastal money behind it?

Relegation? :hilarious: Whattt??? You said imagine...

Honestly though, I don't see Coastal having the kind of ambition/vision that would precipitate a "merger". I don't think the men's program really extends beyond the management of the current Prem squad (yes they have other men's teams but as far as I know they're all fairly independent). Not sure there is the drive from within the current management or the club executive to expand/contend. Obviously they want a team in the top flight, but beyond that I don't think they really prioritize men's football.

Again, I can't say for sure, I'd just be pretty surprised...

UnderYourSkin

Mar 30, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
The problem with a 10 team league is that you have the driftwood teams (aka Coastal and Rangers). No one gets up or excited for these matches, it's almost a waist of a weekend. The valley teams will not become well prepared for provincials with this low competition and 4 walk-about games.

During the past 8 team seasons, it felt more like every game mattered. Precedent shows us that the FVSL teams did not do any better in provincials during this time, but it appeared the valley teams were more competitive.

You're right in regards to Coastal.

And that's how it used to be in regards to promotion/relegation anyways, but the past few seasons it's only been an 8 team league.

I think the only reason Coastal is still there is because the league became a 10 team league again. Then with adding 2 new teams, and one going back to the VMSL it meant a decision. Either 10 teams with 1 more coming up from Div 1 (Rangers) or relegate coastal and have an 8 team premier division. But if you decide on the 8 team league it then would deny spots in div 1 for Stolo & Burnaby who both seem to be competing, with Burnaby looking like they could be a Premier side next year.

You have to look at the big picture too is what I'm trying to say, maybe having those two teams in their this year isn't the best for the league (not an opinion) but how's the league going to look in the future now there's teams able to come up, and not just clubs B teams.

gametime

Oct 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abby snuck by Port Moody rangers 7-1

Extremely tight game and had to fight to the end to decide the winner. Down 1-0 at half and really had to dig deep to sneak away with a 7-1 victory. Roughly 90-10 possession but that shows just how tight it really was. Could have gone either way but happy with the three points and looking forward to next weeks clash with chilliwack fc.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hilarious!!!:eek::eek::D:D:D:D:gurps::gurps::gurps:

Mike Meade 24-Oct-16 11102 Misconduct Suspended Contact FVSL
Why was @Dude removed from the suspended list? Seems odd that it was there for so long and then suddenly disappeared.

My guess is that there may have been some massive hypocrisy in play here :rolleyes:

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
He's obviously in cahoots with someone in the heirarchy of the fvsl. Perhaps a former president and coach. But that's just hearsay.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why was @Dude removed from the suspended list? Seems odd that it was there for so long and then suddenly disappeared.

My guess is that there may have been some massive hypocrisy in play here :rolleyes:

Really?

Awesome. I'm clear to play again, boys, let the offers roll in.

gametime

Oct 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surely for Surrey and Abby no points can be dropped likely the rest of the season to be able to win the league. Big game for Surrey this weekend. Likely anything less than 3 points will have them too far back from aldergrove to catch up. 6 points back at the halfway point is doable. 12 not so much. I'd love to see the game but I can't commit to getting up in the am on a Saturday. Probably can't make it.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove 3-1 surrey United

I decided to take in this heavy weight bout not because I wanted to but because Dude needs game reports.
I'll just get right into it. Showed up 20 minutes late with Surrey down 1-0. Surrey only had one sub on the bench and that was a keeper, I would imagine they were missing a few starters for this key affair.

From the moment I got their Aldergrove was the more dangerous team and were rewarded with a second when Hildebrand was taken down in the box and converted the Pk. Aldergrove continued to look more dangerous on the counter with the big fella Wiens causing Surrey Uniteds young center backs some problems. Surrey did have some ok possesion but not meaningful possesion as they never seem to get anywhere. Despite this Surrey got one back right before half on a nice individual effort from their center mid. Recieved the ball, drew in a defender cut in back to his right foot and buried it bottom corner from just outside the 18. 2-1 Aldergrove at half.

second half was more of the same, not a lot of grade a chances with Surrey lacking creativity. Aldergroves center backs did a nice job on a few last ditch blocks. Anytime it seemed Surrey was about to really test the aldergrove goal their veteran center back would bail them out. Aldergrove got a deserved third about half way through the second half to seal the win.

Not sure how many key players Surrey was missing as they had their starting mid i would guess but lacked dynamic players up top. surrey didon't have any form of speed threat on the wings. Aldergrove was an organized group with the belief and play of a first place team.

gametime

Oct 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abby 1-2 chilliwack.

Sunday night 8 kickoff in the pissing down rain with no change rooms. Oh I mean one changeroom, just the home team. I did manage to get in there early and take a nice shite before most of their team showed up though which was maybe my best play of the day. Small victories for us at Abby are quite the thing these days.

I am likely biased in the game report here but to have a few whack guys saying they snuck away with the game while shaking hands afterwards is a frustrating thing to hear.

First half was quite uneventful.30 mins in Chilliwack scored off a free kick from about 45 yards out with a good header, hard to take anything away from the guy as it was taken as well as he could have, but still tough to see a free kick from that far out result in a goal totally against the run of play. Especially after the free kick was awarded from an Abby forward shielding the ball. Abby was possessing the ball but just not creating anything threatening, until a gimme landed on my head and I put it right in the keepers hands from point blank with a minute left in the half.

Second half was slightly better for us. Two mins in had a great opportunity and good reaction save from keeper to keep the lead. We kept trying to play the ball around to open up the brick that had been set up defensively and it proved tough, not being able to get many openings inside 30 yards. There was a picked up passback however which was whined about for so long despite being completely and obviously the correct call. Resulted in a near miss and scramble without being the first ones there. One goal called off for being offside shortly after, but got our chance to pull even in 88th minute. Cross comes in and Abby player gets tugged down. Pk. 1-1. Long ball gets played into Abby box very quickly after the restart, falls to an Abby player who goes to clear it, off another Abby player and falls to a rapid who did extremely well to slide past a defender and place the ball in the far post.
2-1 with three added. Trying to push when on the counter their forward slips past a back line player and is around centre but with a bit of a chance to maybe have a breakaway, (not too sure where the other back line guys were) and the Lino starts waving his flag. Referee blows it down and nobody knows why. Lino runs to the Abby net to move it forward the two inches it had been knocked back when the keeper kicked the post after the 2-1 goal. Never seen a call like that before and even though being pissed off after going down had to laugh a bit about such a call.

2-1 loss feels pretty damn bad.middle of the table clash again next week with Surrey huge game to try and stay in the hunt for top 3 now that 12 points back is a bit much to hope for.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two good reads. @bulljive, appreciate you thinking of me. One word: homonyms, and try not to abuse them too badly. Their ≠ there. Sort that shite out, and you will be well on your way to a successful career in writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0