Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier League 2002/2003.

Who will win the FVSL Premier league?

• Peace Arch United

Votes: 38 37.3%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Surrey City Pegasus

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Langley Thunder

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Chilliwack FC

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • GN Sporting

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • North Delta United

Votes: 5 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Standings

Just had a quick look at the standings, only 5 games in and the league looks tighter than the previous five years. With the elimination of 2 spots in the Premier league and GN having a team that is now able to compete in the show, each game played appears to be more important. Example, PoCo 2 weeks ago in last place, 2 games later they are now in 4th place:rolleyes: . Still have not been convinced on the GN squad, having watched their first couple games they did not look strong, as the two teams they had played against played like shite. Overall top three teams have still got to be GEU/PAU/PoCo but GN is very close.

skytrain'sviewthroughthewindowontheWCE

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey?

What is going on with Surrey Peg thus far. They had talked about being a contender with a few additions. All I gotta say is it is early but they have to start winning some games before the hole is dug too deep.Geu is next and that's not good for you guys.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Girth: we just need to remember how to score goals, defend, and generally get to know each other- all by Sunday- and we'll be fine.:rolleyes:

Seriously, everyone has their theories. We kill ourselves in training on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Everyone is working hard, putting in the miles, dedicated...it just hasn't come together. Frustrating is an understatement...

Jul 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sounds to me like surrey just plain old eats ass.......the team would make fine profesional bed shitters.....they are up against the best team next week...good luck bunk cackers

Raiguy

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
if what skytrain says is true and GEU/PAU/POCO are the top 3 teams in the league than i suppose GN has to be considered right up there with them since we've won against all 3 this season.....to your argument that the teams we beat played like shite all i have to say is thats not our problem...teams that aren't ready to play every weekend shouldn't be considered top teams anywayz........cheers

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Avery time I look through these threads I chuckle.
As I skip back and forth between them, I realize I could be doing other things though.
I could be home with my wife sprinkling some sage on a roasted chicken (frango assada to some), but I come to the summation that she's nothing more than a big bitch.
Some may think she's a superfox but when you live with her your view gets clouded.
But football is the true love of my life.
Especially since my beloved Rangers tied the Fenians on Sunday to stay tops in the SPL.
So, with the assistance of my trusty cain, I troll and climb over these hills of posts and enjoy my time but lately a certain flair is lacking.
I suppose winter is coming and some folk have gone into hibeernation perhaps.

Nonetheless, a week ago seems like a lifetime ago on TTP.

Gagorderforever

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK…against my better judgement, I’m going to speak up for our Keeps.

Over the past two games, he fcuked up. We lost 2-0 to Delta- where he probably wanted both back-, and 2-1 to Langley, where I’m sure he wanted the injury time goal back. You know what? I call scapegoat.

As a team, we’re playing very poorly- not nearly to the level we’re capable of or expect. That’s pretty much everyone, with the exception of maybe one guy (Curtis). We have given our keeper NO run support to speak of, and have backed it up with even worse team defense. Is that to say our mids and fullbacks can’t play defense? No. But, as a unit, we aren’t operating cohesively. Over the past three games, we’ve surrendered two PKs. These weren’t even hard decisions for the refs.

The kid is shell shocked right now. That said, he’s one of- if not the most- talented young keepers around. He’ll be one of the top keepers in this league for as long as he plays. He’ll pull out of this, I have no doubt. The solution isn’t to dump him. I do have my doubts about our team’s resolve to battle out of this hole we find ourselves in. The other 10 players on the field- and the 8 or so subs- need to pick it up considerably. We haven’t been thumped in any of our losses, but we sure have helped our opposition win easily. I would think they all walked away thinking, “Wow. That was too easy.” As Curtis said after our game Sunday, we wouldn’t even be talking about this goal if we had finished one or two of the seven or 8 great chances we had. Everyone on the team is responsible for our poor record thus far- not just the Keeper. Hell, he actually gave us a chance against TP, where we had no business keeping the score close.

And you Judge- go piss up a rope and suck the wet end. Who the **** are you? Oh right…a mighty Ranger. You sound like a great club guy.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SAP Sun

Don't expect it to get any better against GEU either, in fact we smell jugular with all those excuses!

Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?
OK…against my better judgement, I’m going to speak up for our Keeps.

Over the past two games, he fcuked up. We lost 2-0 to Delta- where he probably wanted both back-, and 2-1 to Langley, where I’m sure he wanted the injury time goal back. You know what? I call scapegoat.

As a team, we’re playing very poorly- not nearly to the level we’re capable of or expect. That’s pretty much everyone, with the exception of maybe one guy (Curtis). We have given our keeper NO run support to speak of, and have backed it up with even worse team defense. Is that to say our mids and fullbacks can’t play defense? No. But, as a unit, we aren’t operating cohesively. Over the past three games, we’ve surrendered two PKs. These weren’t even hard decisions for the refs.

The kid is shell shocked right now. That said, he’s one of- if not the most- talented young keepers around. He’ll be one of the top keepers in this league for as long as he plays. He’ll pull out of this, I have no doubt. The solution isn’t to dump him. I do have my doubts about our team’s resolve to battle out of this hole we find ourselves in. The other 10 players on the field- and the 8 or so subs- need to pick it up considerably. We haven’t been thumped in any of our losses, but we sure have helped our opposition win easily. I would think they all walked away thinking, “Wow. That was too easy.” As Curtis said after our game Sunday, we wouldn’t even be talking about this goal if we had finished one or two of the seven or 8 great chances we had. Everyone on the team is responsible for our poor record thus far- not just the Keeper. Hell, he actually gave us a chance against TP, where we had no business keeping the score close.

And you Judge- go piss up a rope and suck the wet end. Who the **** are you? Oh right…a mighty Ranger. You sound like a great club guy.
:D

pumper

Apr 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger..........Ranger........Ranger..........if you keep talking like that, your wife will likely bitch slap you with divorce documents :eek:
Then you may be a Rangerforever and a divorcyforever, like I :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Show me where the excuses are. You want excuses? See Razorback. Excuses are: the Ref fcucked us...we badly outplayed them but...they got two lucky ones...we were too hung over...take your pick. I've pointed out that we have sucked thus far. That said, all you had to do was look at the standings to figure that out. Pretty plain and simple, mama's boy.

We haven't deserved to win in any of our 4 losses. That said, we're working our nuts off and it's bound to turn around. I'm just comming to the defense of our keeper, who has been called out now by not ONE but TWO Rangers!

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
called out,yes.

just because a guy is called out for playing bad,doesn't make you
a bad club guy?i stated two weeks ago pasqua was fricken horrible.the keeper was bad and those are just the facts.
(how do you sugar coat it)your right, two rangers said he was
brutal.and he was!

lets hope he plays better, coach.:(

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh no

Originally posted by Sage

Bored et al,

There were lots of posts I could've quoted, but this one seems the most appropriate right now :D . Once again bored, you came on here and ran your mouth, but once again you seem to be talkin' out your ass :p So maybe next time you all decide to make fun of another team, you can make sure you don't SHAT the bed against them :eek:

Please feel free to use any of above excuses........

SagedancedlikethebananaaftereveryPAUgoal:wa:

Lets hear it Sage, I suggest a slice of humble pie.

Running ones mouth and being wrong is one thing, being too chicken shite to say anything until after the fact is another. It is now after the fact, and the facts are, GN beat PAU and the mighty PAU hasn't won in two weeks, is this the beggining of the end??

It is quiet in here isn't it, what happened Sage- were you shut out again?????

Poco is coming, leading the league in scoring and second in goals against- only one win behind the mighty PAU. This could come right down to the last game again or has PAU began to fold a little bit earlier this year?
Another slow start is over for Poco and they are building momentum.
GEU off to another good start: can they keep it up this year, they do look stronger then in previous years but coaching could once again sink them.

GN - who knew? Peg??

As has been mentioned earlier with three games against each team, lots of ground can be made up quickly.

Thats how I see it from Down Under - any comments? I know there will be.

J

JaketheMuss

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't GEU beat Surrey United 5-1 in the Pak Cup final in 1989. I'm pretty sure they did. Big L. Walker was between the pipes. Can any of you dirty pikees confirm?
Celticforever,
When you come on here all condesending and blabbin about your wife...you sound like the washed up daft cnut that you are.

Girth,
my left nut is twice as big as your moms

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
jake the fuss

re : past posts
fair enough to come on here and take the piss a bit, but most guys look here for a bit of wit and humble banter about what they do...play football. If you want to be the guy to yap it up...go for it, but most guys will take it for what it's worth and conclude..." Jake, what's up with your fuss?" :rolleyes:
You're not exactly cutting edge.
Carry on as you see fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0