Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well first week is finally here, any predictions??

North Delta 2 v Chilliwack 2
From what I hear its a bit of a new group out in the Chilliwack camp. ND seemed to get the ball rolling a bit last year making the Pak final and the SC Cup final. Always a tough game friday nights at exhibition.

SFC ACBC 3 v Langley 1
Not sure how the merge will affect ACBC other than changing venues on Sunday nights. Langley hasn't seemed as tough as they were a few years back, and with TWU in the league this year one would think they aren't going to have the same university players joining on come october.

Trinity Western 0 v PAU 2
Newly promoted and I can only assume they will be stronger in the latter half of the year due to uni kids helping out. It looks like the core of PAU have moved on to masters so it will be interesting to see what happens at the PAU nation.

Abby 2 vs Port Moody 3
Should be a good face paced game at Swangard. I think Abby will have a more committed group from start to finish this year, but we have to see come Saturday. Port Moody is coming off a strong year last year, they are a fast team with good work rate. I don't think they wont be a top 2 team this year but top half for sure.

North Fraser vs Poco
Poco will be the most watched team this year, with the only pay roll in the league I can only assume there is pressure to deliver. Recently signed Harmse will be who they will play through although there is talent all over the pitch. NFS will be stronger this year than last with a few good pickups this summer and were hoping for a provincial birth one way or another.

All in all should be a competitive year and I think we can all agree its about time 1 if not a few FVSL teams do something come provincial time.

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see we have a FEWER - SAMBOL feud starting or continuing, interesting!

Good Luck to all the FVSL teams this year:cool:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trinity Western 0 v PAU 2
Newly promoted and I can only assume they will be stronger in the latter half of the year due to uni kids helping out. It looks like the core of PAU have moved on to masters so it will be interesting to see what happens at the PAU nation.
I love rumours... only 1 will be full time Masters... the rest are playing or available to play. We've added 3 new quality "kids" to the side this year. Addition by subtraction... now if only Guinness could subtract some weight.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND vs Chilli - no comment
ACBC - Langley - 2-1acbc
TWU - PAU . PAU to welcome TwU in the league with a 3-0 win. Too much experience to drop points to the newcomers.
Abby - Pomo , Pomo organized and fit, 3-1
Poco - NF 4-0. Provincial cup built team. Should take the league.

Good luck to all in week one. Xoxo

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see we have a FEWER - SAMBOL feud starting or continuing, interesting!

Good Luck to all the FVSL teams this year:cool:

Always one to stir the pot, haha. You're the only one i'm focussed on, and finally I don't have to squint. ;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed. Was there more than just family out to watch these games? Was it worth the effort? Would love to see more games next year and make a weekend out of it.........with a beer garden of course.

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very handsome crowd, no assfaces there but lotsa room for me to sit:cool:
Very nice surface for the boys though under the Sat night lights!

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im rooting for you OUTKAST, NFS work rate was excellent for 90 last night...sign Alex Andrews on an extended contract, he made some outstanding saves lol

Rosie11

Sep 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just want to give a quick shout out to thank the organizers of last nights event at Swanguard, sorry not sure who exactly organized it, POCO? Port Moody? the league?.
As a player in one of the games I had a great time, even if the result didn't quite go our way (I now know how West Brom felt starting the season). The ball boys, mini game, anthem, PA, fourth official and new match balls were all great addition to the atmosphere and made the night feel special. On a personal note having the later game was definitely a bonus as the it cooled off nicely, which made chasing #10, 18 and 21 a little easier. As for the crowd, it was typical premier league game. Yeah it was mostly, if not all family and friends, but those that were there seemed to have a great time. We are all amateurs playing in the FVSL who (more or less) pay to play and having a night or two like this I think is worth the effort, even if it is only for the players.
Again a big thanks to those who organized it and hope it happens again.
Rosie

Just to add, Alex was amazing between the pipes, good thing we locked him up long term.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
As far as pitches go you cant beat Swangard on warm Saturday night. Pretty sure it was Poco that put on the event so another thanks goes to TA, Cloughie and the rest of the lads.

As for the game it was lots of running on the big pitch. Poco came at us in bunches and are a ridiculous team to defend at times. TK, Harmse, Cucca, Giezen, Milad, Ganges, Norman gave us fits and we just didn't hold onto the ball long enough to make them chase. Having the Gomes brothers and Erman between the pipes solidifies there backline and when they are playing well they will be a hard team to beat for anyone in the province.....I agree Alplex was huge for us making some big time saves.

PS where is trillium?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU 2-2 TW.

Hard Ballz
To quote Dennis Green... "they are who we thought they were..." The game, I thought, was well in hand even when they scored an odd goal mid game to pull even at 1 a piece. We scored early off a great cross and header and kept A LOT of the possession through-out the game from there. TWU was under tons of pressure from us trying to get the lead back and after all the good chances left wanting... we got an ugly one to got up 2-1 with about 10 left. From there we still had most of the play, minus a few long balls we needed to deal with.... then it happened. A geezer who I don't think completed more than 5 passes all game dribbles across half and maybe another 10 or so yards and unloads a 35/40 rocket off the inside of the post and in. It didn't go above or below 5' high the entire time. A strike of a life time. We must have been 3+ minutes into extra as it was. The final whistle went about 15 second after the restart.

2 point stolen, but over all a solid possession performance considering it was literally our first match together since last season. On to ACBC Sunday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0