Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL] Premier - Results & Banter 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
MFC as in Abby Magnuson Ford?

Yup. 0 players signed, 4 out for training yesterday. New coach is pissed! You can blame/thank the Crockers for leaving for another team, that kinda sparked a few other guys to go to the Devils and elsewhere. No one on our team wants to play at that level anymore so I guess they're done! More space for us for training :)

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had heard that it was looking that way from people too, but i guess it wasn't just a rumour. I'm not surprised though to be honest, the club is ran terribly. Good for Simon and Shaun for leaving to a better club.

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have been playing under them for a few years now(div3B) and we basicly do everything ourselves, which we don't mind. I had a meeting with one of their execs a few weeks ago and he was hoping to turn things around but I guess that didn't happen. They even hired a coach! It will be tough to get a premier spot back for sure. Magnuson Ford Utd in div.2 are their best hope, but I give them 4 years at best.

Anfield Road

Oct 20, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had heard that it was looking that way from people too, but i guess it wasn't just a rumour. I'm not surprised though to be honest, the club is ran terribly. Good for Simon and Shaun for leaving to a better club.

Yeah good for Simon and Sean, once again they leave Abbotsford soccer to suit themselves. Their dad did a lot for the club/for his sons benefit and they just up and leave. Personally Abbotsford soccer is better as a whole without that self serving bunch!

Good luck to you Sean, no one will miss your arrogance!!

Lovers

Jan 31, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah good for Simon and Sean, once again they leave Abbotsford soccer to suit themselves. Their dad did a lot for the club/for his sons benefit and they just up and leave. Personally Abbotsford soccer is better as a whole without that self serving bunch!

It funny how people change...as of last year people siad the only way Abby will have a good prem team is if the COrckers leave. And the crockers arent good enought to play prem and no one will play for them. Now they leave and its their fault the team folds. wow...Im not a crokcer fan but dont blame them for leaving when they were pushed out and told no one will play for them if they came back.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quite hard to believe that 2 guys who shouldn't play in prem have so for the last 10 years or so if not more, and also played for university teams, if players want to leave they have the right too, there is no contracts. If its anyone's fault it should be the club for not running a proper system and relying on 2 brothers to never leave.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quite hard to believe that 2 guys who shouldn't play in prem have so for the last 10 years or so if not more, and also played for university teams, if players want to leave they have the right too, there is no contracts. If its anyone's fault it should be the club for not running a proper system and relying on 2 brothers to never leave.

This sounds like a crocker of shite.
Never heard of these guys before. Are they like the Sedin twins? Red haired?
Do they cycle well?
Maybe they just wanted to enjoy some football with like minded folk. And not want to manage a team full of unreliable kids with headphones in, and thinking they know it all.
Sounds like smart guys.
Looks like PAU got some savvy vets signed again.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

If I didn't know better I would think you're taking the piss proper like. Alas, you're likely just on here to smear two guys that you didn't get on with. Fact: the Crockers, Sean in particular ran the titanic to the best of his ability for 5 or 6 year with absolutely ZERO help and ZERO players to pull from. Fact: He flat out gave the team the option last year right after Xmass that he needed commitment or he wasn't going to continue to waste his time. Can you blame him? Only 9 guys showing up for games him and Simon being 2 of them (do the math), almost all season? Forget training with 4. Him on his cell for 6 hour before matches begging guys to pause the xbox, then paying cab fare to get 18 year olds to the park on permit to make 10? He gave the club more than enough notice. The club had more than enough time. Your comments are more than off side.

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I didn't know better I would think you're taking the piss proper like. Alas, you're likely just on here to smear two guys that you didn't get on with. Fact: the Crockers, Sean in particular ran the titanic to the best of his ability for 5 or 6 year with absolutely ZERO help and ZERO players to pull from. Fact: He flat out gave the team the option last year right after Xmass that he needed commitment or he wasn't going to continue to waste his time. Can you blame him? Only 9 guys showing up for games him and Simon being 2 of them (do the math), almost all season? Forget training with 4. Him on his cell for 6 hour before matches begging guys to pause the xbox, then paying cab fare to get 18 year olds to the park on permit to make 10? He gave the club more than enough notice. The club had more than enough time. Your comments are more than off side.
No one is taking away from the fact they can play premier ball. We have been in their system for 4 years and have been more than willing to help out his team in the past and have done so on more than one occasion only to have been forgotten about afterwards. With the propper attitude towards new players, and old guys like us, he would still be here. He took on too much and couldn't handle it. I think if he would have stuck around and just played, they would be all right.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
...He took on too much and couldn't handle it. I think if he would have stuck around and just played, they would be all right.
So like this year, when they notified the club they were AWOL and the club has only recently decided that they have
A) Nobody to run the team
B) Few, if any, able bodies to put on the roster.

....I'm not sure I like your definition of "all right"

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So like this year, when they notified the club they were AWOL and the club has only recently decided that they have
A) Nobody to run the team
B) Few, if any, able bodies to put on the roster.

....I'm not sure I like your definition of "all right"
Maybe not now but if they(Crockers)had deciced to stay and play and not coach etc and let management run the team, they might have had a chance. I'm sure there are players in Chilliwack and Aldergrove who might want to play premier. It's not that I really care, just sayin' :cool:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So it would have been fine for them to play, not coach? Then players would have shown up? like the 4 that currently show plus them?

I like your logic!

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So it would have been fine for them to play, not coach? Then players would have shown up? like the 4 that currently show plus them?

I like your logic!

I realize what he did was best for him and his brother but without him there, the Prem team is gone. Done!

Lovers

Jan 31, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks as though their is some 11th hour shite going on in Abby with the prem team...last ditch effort perhaps??

Anfield Road

Oct 20, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
This goes beyond Prem, I don't begrudge either of them wanting to play premier ball. Having grown up and played soccer in abby you'd know just how much the club centered around them. No one is discrediting Seans efforts at all however, he turned lots of decent prem level players away because they weren't buddies from PDL or UFV. The standings of the last few years speak for themselves guys. Every year Abby sucks the big one until college ball is done then all the buddies show up and the rest are kicked into touch. Now the coaching duties have been handed to someone else and he could relax and enjoy playing but he leaves and all the buddies join or play elsewhere. I have seen many youth, rep and FVSL teams completely shutout in order for Barry to ensure his sons have the best opportunity. Which they have, so my point is why go play for another club when apparently you've done soo much? I have grown up in abby and watched it for years so you can defend him all you like but this isn't just about the prem team its about an entire club. I don't hate, but I don't like the way I've seen Sean treat guy's over the years, calling guy's up for games out of town cuz they're shorthanded and not even giving a guy a run etc. I could go on and on, but fact is fact. You're totally right it is a "Piss-take" and it's completely deserved!

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, league rules say that you have to sign 24 hours before the game, that also counts for transfers. The game is tomorrow at 8:30, which means they missed the deadline. They are allowed to call up a maximum of 7 guys. I heard they are just going to forfeit tomorrow and try and find players over the next week.
Good luck to all

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I realize what he did was best for him and his brother but without him there, the Prem team is gone. Done!

Coming in from left field here, but here's the deal. If everything is falling to two people and you still aren't fielding a team, you are not a team. And, for that matter, you are not a club. No club would let that happen.

And, while I am at it, for the others that were on that team, you suck lizard farts. Stand up, take some responsibility and go get some of your peers to come over and play for your team. This isn't juvenile ball where someone's mother brings the oranges. Get fikin on it and be a part of the team. I am so tired of hearing about the youth that need to be told 4 times when the game is, and begged to come out. Play, don't play, but grow up. Everyone I know and still play with did it, so wean off the teet and be a man.

That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0