Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL] Premier - Results & Banter 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

predator

Jan 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps KNVB could clarify...would the Coastal Div 1 team accept the promotion?
Looks like coastal div 1 wanted to move up as a team with the same coach. The club said they did not want two teams then signed a diff coach for there premier team not even talking to the coach of the coastal div 1 that had won the promotion. So the div 1 teams options were to dismantle the team new coach or go back play div 1. Looks like they are leaving coastal all together and going to keep team and coach together in a diff area and play div 1. The coastal club (premier) really handled this one well .....

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like coastal div 1 wanted to move up as a team with the same coach. The club said they did not want two teams then signed a diff coach for there premier team not even talking to the coach of the coastal div 1 that had won the promotion. So the div 1 teams options were to dismantle the team new coach or go back play div 1. Looks like they are leaving coastal all together and going to keep team and coach together in a diff area and play div 1. The coastal club (premier) really handled this one well .....
Sorry, not quite, they knew full well what was going on from the end of the season on. It was supposed to be a club run try-out with the expectation 7 or 8 of the current and 7 or 8 of the "new" would become premier and the rest feed from Div 1. I was at the meeting as the past premier coach. there is no if ands or butts about it the info provided to everyone.

Facts are their coach applied for the "head coach" position along with 4 or 5 others and didn't get it, then promptly decided holding his breath while stomping his feet was getting him no-where, so taking his ball and going somewhere else was his next choice.

I post this as KNVB player and coastal coach

Last edited:

predator

Jan 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was no club system any way with the premier team last season or ever with peace arch (coastal) both teams stayed to themselves why would they start now splitting up a team who won promotion to go up and now there not cause the club says no to 2 spots right ?

matkinson

Nov 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was no club system any way with the premier team last season or ever with peace arch (coastal) both teams stayed to themselves why would they start now splitting up a team who won promotion to go up and now there not cause the club says no to 2 spots right ?

*No club system in the last 6 years

It's really simple. Coastal div. 1 won their league and wanted the opportunity to play at the premier level. The higher ups at Coastal promptly said no. The prem coach then left the team as coach and the div. 1 coach applied for the position with the assumption that he could then bring up the majority of his div. 1 players and fill in with the remaining players who had decided to remain in prem and not move on to masters/vmsl/etc. He would then implement a proper club system like we've wanted all along but have never been able to achieve. He wasn't even given an interview. The team (not just the coach) wanted to stay together and had a choice to make. Leaving the club was the last resort and everyone wishes it hadn't come to this. In the last few years Coastal has lost a few teams and it's a shame that the organization couldn't make an exception in it's hiring policies to keep it's paying players happy.

*edit* I'm sure the new Coastal prem coach will do a great job and I wish them the best of luck in this upcoming season. It doesn't need to be said but we're all looking forward to the first Cloverdale vs. Coastal match.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If my decoder ring has me reading this right... I can say, no, there wasn't a very good 'club system' and that was both teams faults. 2 years ago the masters pitched in a bunch and help them avoid relegation and last year 2 or 3 guys came up to help a short handed premier side.

Long a short of it, 2 teams in Premier from same club was silly in the eyes of the executive. And likely in the wallets of the club. 2 good makes 1 better I guess. I wasn't in on that.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any other scores from last night?

The mediocre site appears to be a bit challenged right now...

gametime

Oct 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley look strong.. Which isn't surprising considering they have last years div 1 MVP starting at right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0