Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter-Dec.'05/Jan.'06

Status
Not open for further replies.

can

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
outkast good to see you made it home..a few bevvies consumed last night to drown our sorrows, good times though

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Red Forever said:
Whalley 2 Delta 0

Still alot of work to do but the boys are battling hard, onto GN next week

Bit of a surprise. Good on you guys. Big three points lost on Delta's end and huge on your survival fight.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU 4 - GN 1

Sorry for the late report. Had a bit of a team function over at Studsup's Ranch after the match. I'll let others give the details.

~S

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: PAU 4 GN 1

GN are in shambles!!! As per usual, they barely had 11 by 12:30 kick off... They did absolutely pish all and got their only goal on a PAU defensive miscue 5 minutes from time... After Whalley beat Delta, they've now got to be considered heavy favourites to get relegated??? One way traffic all day long...

Goal of the match: Billy Jackson's chip on the young plank.
Hit of the match: Coops flattening Jodie Gill with a shoulder to the chest!
Moan of the match: too many GN cries to pin point.
TSN turning point: The opening whistle.;)

PocowillbenowalkintheparkthisFriday...Lionsneedtowatchoutfor#22!!!

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Relegation

Guinness brings up an interesting topic within the now VERY dead FVSL Prem. threads: Relegation

It's been an interesting year in the standings, as it is quite evident that the top 6 teams have feasted on the bottom 4. This leaves those 4 teams all in the 'relegation zone'.

Team......GP...W...L...PTS.....Games Remaining
7. Whalley..13....2....9....8........GN, Dewdney, Lang.
8. Poco......15...1...10...7.........PAU, PAU, GEU
9. GN.........15...1...11...6.........Whalley, Dewd,
10.Dewd.....15...1...11...6.........Lions, Whalley, GN

It would appear at a glance that Poco has the toughest schedule of this group, playing all their remaining games vs teams in the top half.

With their win last weekend vs Delta, it looks like Whalley have put themselves in a good position to avoid relegation, having 2 games on the other teams.

I'm thinking the GN/Dewdney game could have some rather strong implications.

Thoughts?

~Skip

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Relegation

Guinness brings up an interesting topic within the now VERY dead FVSL Prem. threads: Relegation

It's been an interesting year in the standings, as it is quite evident that the top 6 teams have feasted on the bottom 4. This leaves those 4 teams all in the 'relegation zone'.

Team......GP...W...L...PTS.....Games Remaining
7. Whalley..13....2....9....8........GN, Dewdney, Lang.
8. Poco......15...1...10...7.........PAU, PAU, GEU
9. GN.........15...1...11...6.........Whalley, Dewd,
10.Dewd.....15...1...11...6.........Lions, Whalley, GN

It would appear at a glance that Poco has the toughest schedule of this group, playing all their remaining games vs teams in the top half.

With their win last weekend vs Delta, it looks like Whalley have put themselves in a good position to avoid relegation, having 2 games on the other teams.

I'm thinking the GN/Dewdney game could have some rather strong implications.

Thoughts?

~Skip

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip, interesting analysis as always. May i add that the weak schedule may not be such an advantage as you imply. The top teams including us have had tough tests against the bottom feeders all year, including last Saturday. Poco better than 1 win, but PAU with big provincial implications. Does POCO care?

Question is whether or not any of these 4 are Premier outfits, this year and moving forward. Always said week in week out competition not good enough in the valley.

Whalley-will they still be together with the turmoil surrounding them. Any leadership, anybody going to be talked into playing there other than fringe Div 1 players?

GN-an embarrassment. What's the point. Seemingly good guys, but they don't give a rats ass.

POCO????????? Does anybody know anything about their direction?

Dewd's. Give them credit. Seem to have a good time, with a smattering of talent. Bit of advice, worth little. You had PAU 2-0, us 1-0 and 2-1, but have nothing to show for it. If you guys were having as much as a laugh at PAU as you were at us instead of buckling down and closing up shop, you may have stole some points. Anyways I think they deserve another chance, and maybe another Lions story in the next year or so.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
crazy stuff.
poco going from pak cup finalists to relegation battles. it would be weird not to have a poco team in the prem. league.
LFC2 said it best thought, breaking down the teams and all. some of them seem like they don't want to be here.
G.N. with loads of individual talent, but too many holes. no bench. must be frusterating for some of em'.

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
Dewd's. Give them credit. Seem to have a good time, with a smattering of talent. Bit of advice, worth little. You had PAU 2-0, us 1-0 and 2-1, but have nothing to show for it. If you guys were having as much as a laugh at PAU as you were at us instead of buckling down and closing up shop, you may have stole some points. Anyways I think they deserve another chance, and maybe another Lions story in the next year or so.

Totally agree with you LFC. We have had leads in many of our games this year, only to end up losing. Premier is a different beast than Div. 1 and the guys are having a difficult time adjusting.

We have a core of good div 1 players and tried to bring in a bunch of youth. It's been a tough year. If it hasn't been for #22 netting 17 of our 20 goals this year, we would have an even worse record than we do right now. And you can't get much worse than 1 win. We need to add more talent next year, if we manage to stay up.

I think in the past couple of games we've tried to take the pressure off. Just telling the guys that points would be nice against the top teams, but to just go out and have some fun and learn the game at this level. It worked a bit, but then we collapse. Probably an experience thing. We're just going to go out for our remaining games, have some fun and try and get points. We can still be a spoiler this weekend if we can manage to get points off the Lions. They handled us pretty easily last time and the guys remember that. We know we have 2 must wins coming up vs Whalley and then GN. Points against the top teams would be a bonus.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2,

I agree, Poco is a better team than their record would suggest (although we haven't seen them yet this season). The only reason I would say they have perhaps the most difficult schedule is because the other teams in the 'relegation zone' seem to be playing each other in their remaining games. This inevitably means that some at the bottom will pick up points. Make sense??

As far as this comment goes:

If it hasn't been for #22 netting 17 of our 20 goals this year

Impressive stat indeed. Is it correct? If so, I wonder if anyone in the league has more.

Anyone?

~Skip

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
Impressive stat indeed. Is it correct? If so, I wonder if anyone in the league has more.

Anyone?

~Skip

He's somewhere between 14-17. I tried to count all our other goal scorers, as i could do it on one hand, and couldn't come up with very many. So he's close. Without him, we'd be done. He is probably the most natural goal scorer I've seen. Not the best skill or the best 1st touch. But if you want someone to put the ball in the back of the net, he's one of the best. Some of the goals I've seen this kid score amaze me. If the defense makes a mistake, he usually steal it and capitalize.

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
ArroyoBunk said:
i gotta call bullshit.
the other 17 odd players have a combined 3 goals? come on...

Totally NOT bs'ing you. We have been unable to score, except for him. Call the league, they supposedly keep track. I just tried to go over our schedule and remember who scored, and I counted 16 for #22.

Last year in Div 1 we scored 50 goals. He had at least 30, if not more. Several 3+ goal games. One or two 5 goal games. The guy can score.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It always suprises me that teams don't man mark him when playing you guys. Your team counts on one guy for offense and he does not play that well with someone on his back.
Maybe someone should mention it in an open forum somewhere.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have and I think you should man mark him. We were screwing around with a different formation on Saturday and two mistakes and two goals. As I said opportunistic fcuker. I think if he was playing on a better team he would not be as effective, if even on the park. Who the heck gets mentally up for Dewdney? Nobody. What happens? Stupid, sloppy, unfocussed mistakes. Half time of the game and for the fourth time in a week you are trying to fire up your guys to do enough to win.
He does have an uncanny habit to be in right place at the right time, but he has also proven to be a touch lazy and has a hard time dealing with hard knocks. On a good team where opponents get up for you, different story perhaps.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
trapper said:
Without him, we'd be done.

Your love and appreciation for #22 has been well documented. I'm just wondering if it's wise to be stating that your team is nothing without him (despite how obvious it might seem).

I bet Kokanee man marks him in the much anticipated 'relegation match' :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0